Specsavers dispute **Resolved**

Homer67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an eye test at Specsavers and selected some frames and paid for them to be glazed in the script they supplied with thinning and a scratchcoat. I paid via Barclaycard Visa.

I went to collect them and have them fitted today and as soon as I put them on I realised something was wrong.

I advised the optician they were not right and she refused to believe me saying my eyes needed to adapt to them as I had been wearing my current glasses for some time.

I disagreed stating that I owned 3 pairs of spectacles with 2 different scripts and contact lenses with a third script and I had no problem swapping around glasses or contacts previously.

I advised that the new glasses made me want to squint my left eye so that could not be right, the optician refused to accept they were wrong and insisted that I try them and come back in a few weeks.

Initially I refused and I stated that I was an experienced glasses wearer and there was definitely something wrong.

I asked what could be done and the optician said nothing as I hadn't persevered with them. I said I was not prepared to as they were making me feel dizzy and I wasn't going to risk my health to prove her wrong.

I was getting nowhere so I said I would get another eye test to see if they had the script wrong and would return as soon as I had that.

I left the shop with the glasses and tried them a few more times to make sure and I am convinced they are wrong.

I contacted Barclaycard and raised a dispute and they have suspended payment (I presume the shop has received funds as payment on the card was 16/07) so the suspension is for my payment to Barclaycard.

So I am going to get another eye test done and see if it matches.

If it doesn't I presume I should be able to claim a full refund and possibly the cost of the second eye test?

Any advice on how I should approach this?

Now resolved

That's good to hear. I also have had the experience of glasses not quite being right - don't uncomfortable to see through, but not providing as much correction as I've been used to. The optician said this was just me getting older, but I'm not so convinced.

What was causing the issue in your case?

Now resolved

That is good to hear, I take it to your satisfaction.

Thread title amended.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I don't know what caused the initial issue. the spectacles made me feel dizzy with a binocular effect on the left eye. I wore them over the weekend and it just stopped. So they are ok, I'm now wearing them every day.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a very similar experience with Specsavers and will never use them again. Ended up using a private local optician who spent the time necessary with my eye test and I ended up with a totally different prescription to the twice tested Specsavers prescription.

.....Never again!

I had a similar experience few years back, i had used Specsavers for few years at the time with no probs,

Then on an eye test few years ago i was told I required a new prescription, at time my prescription was only for distance albeit i needed wear glasses all the time.

When picked up the new glasses and tried them on .. I said no way, you have given me someone elses prescription surely? the floor was coming up at me, the lighting colour in the shop looked wrong was weird experience, I said you have got something seriously wrong here, i can't be wearing these especially to drive home with.

No i was told justa matter of readjustment few days required.. no way i said .. never going to happen, give it 24 hours your see your adjust and in couple days your fully adjust.

I left shop wearing glasses .. got to my car no way could risk driving, thought ok get home and try them few hours, well did that few hours in started feeling very light headed, sickly with them.. no way could continue.

Went back to Specsavers next day and complained, ok we will retest they said .. on retest they said ohhh sorry the astigmatism part of your prescription was higher than should of been in new glasses, i had to wait another couple days for another pair to be made.

When got the new pair a slight bit adjustment required but nothing like the wrong astigmatism pair.

I let them off lightly thinking back on it, should really made a claim of some sort at time :roll:

• 11 months later...

I used use Specsavers but we had to go to a different optician for a 2nd opinion and found his company so much better than Specsavers who are the production line company of opticians so we all use him now , i was never really happy with Specsavers any way