Lowells/? claim form - OH's old Vanquis card 'debt'***Settled by Tomlin Order***

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a claim the other day for my husband, is a vanquis card he had, sold to Lowells who have been writing and we've ignored.

Want to admit all and set up payment arrangement. can i do this and avoid a CCJ

I have already e-mailed Lowells and asked to make an arrangement, what do you think?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

If you would read the following link and copy and paste your responses back here for further advice on how to proceed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hope this is ok Andy

Name of the Claimant ? LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LIMITED

Date of issue – . - 21/07/2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. -

1) The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with vanquis under account ref **************** (the agreement)

2) the defendant failed to maintian the require payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 4 / 09/2014 and notice gievn to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payemtnthe sum of £678.73 remains due and outstanding and the claimant claims

a) the said sum of £678.73

b) interest pusuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.149, but limited to one year, being £54.30

c) costs.

What is the value of the claim? - amount claimed is 733.03 plus court fee 60.00 and legal rep costs 70.00 - total = 863.03

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? credit card account

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes was aware and did receive notice of assignment.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes

Why did you cease payments? - just could not afford payments and buried head! :-(

What was the date of your last payment? not sure exactly.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

Have you ever sent Lowell a CCA request

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No, but I even have the agreement somewhere - I don't think there's any way that they don't have it.

But have you ever requested it from Lowlifes? Its irrelevant if Vanish have previously complied.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No I haven't but to be honest I really dont want this to go to court, It's in my husbands name but it's my fault it's got this far. I really just don't want him to find out, so i'd rather admit the debtand pay it off

Only way to possibly avoid a CCJ is to defend it...any offers is an admittance and an automatic Judgment..unless you pay it all off within the stated timeframe

But I thought If I go direct to Lowells and admit and send the n9a it might avoid the ccj?

Only if you admit all the debt and pay the full amount claimed...and costs

Afraid not ...payment in full or defend all ...unless you can talk them into considering a Tomlin Order offering a payment arrangement and they stay the claim (NO CCJ)

No I haven't but to be honest I really dont want this to go to court, It's in my husbands name but it's my fault it's got this far. I really just don't want him to find out, so i'd rather admit the debtand pay it off

As Andy has already replied

, you will automatically get a CCJ unless you defend this.

As I have seen many times,

they are hoping to intimidate borrowers and obtain judgement in default

. I hear what you say about your husband finding out,

but you really have nothing to lose Myfamily now that proceedings have been issued.

You will strengthen your bargaining position if you log into MCOL

and tick the defend all box.

Also send off a CCA request asap.

Lowells will no doubt have purchased this debt for x pence in the pound. Hence, you may find them willing to offer you a significantly reduced sum to settle.

But please, please, do enter your intention to defend. You can always negotiate a settlement at a later date, without the need for this to go to court. The sum is so small, that Lowells will not want to spend hundreds of pounds on legal fees that they will not recover.

Use this to your advantage but you must defend to have any hope of avoiding a CCJ.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

No harm in defending all

And get a CCA request running to Lowell's

And a CPR 31:14 running to the sols

We can sort out a Tomlin or whatever later if it gets sticky

Please don't fold

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok, if I go online and defend all, do I need to write a defence now?

what would be my defence??

and what about the e-mail i've already sent to Lowells

, can that be used against me now?

No my family you don't need the defence yet.

Just log onto mcol click acknowledgment,

defend all

, leave jurisdiction unchecked

go to the end of that, then log out

. these guys on here will point you in the right direction for a defence.

you do need to get a cca request in tho asap

Also I might be wrong as I'm pretty new but I think if you defend and get as far as mediation, you can agree a payment plan there if you wish and not receive a ccj, but I'm not sure on that.

Get post 14 done

Defence is weeks away yet

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

wel I got a reply to my e-mail.

"We are unable to accept any offers of repayment as a claim form was issued to you on 21 July 2016, you should read this fully and reply to the claim.

If you are admitting the debt in full and wish to pay by instalments, our team are available to complete the admission form response with you over the telephone if you prefer. They can be contacted by calling the below telephone number. Please ensure you have details of income and outgoings to hand when calling. If you are completing any other from in response to the claim, this should be sent directly to the Court as directed on the claim form.

If you don’t respond to us within 14 days we may enter a County Court Judgment by default against you which would mean further costs and could make it difficult for you to obtain credit, mortgages or even some employment while it remains unsatisfied on your credit file for a maximum of 6 years.

To avoid a County Court Judgment the balance must be paid in full within 14 days of the claim being issued, or paid by instalments over 6 months."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get a chance to do the cca over the weekend so gonna go do it now and post later. will go onto the MCOL and defend now.

:-(

good have you ack'd the claim too?

and they

Shamrocker- yes you're totally right - I had a panic because I knew I was wrong and fired off an e-mail without thinking!

sending the cca and cpr today

There's no need to panic. Just follow the process stage by stage and there'll be opportunities to negotiate on the total amount to be paid and also the way it's paid. The first part is to request documented proof of the debt they're claiming - i.e. CCA & CPR requests. This will also make them work and they'll be well aware that more work means more cost and less profit. Therefore, you're preparing the groundwork for future negotiation...assuming you can't realistically challenge the full claim.

As DX says, make sure you acknowledge the claim without delay. You can quite easily do this online.

ok, I'm really panicking now - I can't get logged into the website to defend - I registered the other day and tried to log in again today and it won't let me, so i tried to re-set my password, still didn't let me in. so tried to re-register, I get to the repond to a claim page and put in the claim details and it says my claim number or password is incorrect!! What am i supposed to do?!! :-(

ok I've finally managed to log in, do i contest jurisdiction? don't know what this means?

read post 16

and they