Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Andy Mc1 vs RBS

Default Andy Mc1 vs RBS

Got charged recently (38) for a cheque that was returned (cleared on re-presentation). So I tried to persuade the bank to return my money . . . . and they would have done so if I had signed a letter indemnifying the bank against any future claims on my part.

I was not willing to accept these conditions and sent off my S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) 31/10/06.

Got the statements within a week. Well, not all the statements. So have written to the bank (JE Tudor) once more for the remaining statements.

Is it me, or am I right in thinking that banks and building societies are trying to circumnavigate the Data Protection Act by only supplying records that are consistent with the statute of limitationsicon?

Anyway, a cursory look at the statements I have reveals over 260 in charges since June 2001. Obviously not a fortune, but important to someone like me on a part-time academic contract.

Once I get the remaining statements I'll be able to see the full picture.

As my branch of RBSicon is in Glasgow (I live in England), does anyone know if I am covered by Scottish legal jurisdiction (i.e. limited to claiming 5 years worth of charges), or as long as I initiate legal proceedings in England, will the limitation of 6 years apply?

Andy