Nationwide

FORMISTER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

My friend ran into trouble with his Nationwide loan 5 years ago after returning from living/working abroad.

He agreed a partial settlement for the loan, paid that and the agreement was to not default it and the loan was marked as a partial settlement on his credit file and the balance owed was zero.

He still has his current account with Nationwide.

Recently they wrote to him to inform him that he was due over £500 back due to unfair charges/interest which had been applied to the loan whilst he was paying it.

He spoke to them on the phone yesterday and they said they were using it to pay of some of the balance of the loan, even though he had an agreed partial settlement and his credit file showed a zero balance.

Can they do this? I would of presumed if they were able to do this they would of been able to take money straight from his bank account at any time to pay towards the previous loan.

Smells a bit fishy to me , but this isn't my subject of expertise.

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

If he has it in writing that it was a F&FS then no...its not correct...but he must have the written agreement to fight it.

My only concern is " partial settlement on his credit file " were as if it was F&FS it should have been marked " Satisfied " ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread