Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    garden123 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2009

Default Letter from Wescot RE Taking over management of RBS Credit Card debt

Hi

I have 2 credit card debts with RBSicon that are more than 6 years in default and so have fallen off my credit record. They are not statute barredicon as I make monthly payments of 15 each.

I have now received letters from Wescot saying that - 'the account has been transferred to us and your account is now being directly managed by us'

It lists the arrangement I had with RBS and says 'this is the arrangement we will be managing on their behalf'.

I have not been actively chased for this debt for years, I just kept making the low payments. A couple of times in the last 6 years I made low full & final settlement offers which RBS did not accept.

What can I expect now that the Wescot have been involved?

I don't know where my truecallicon machine is now but will I have to find it and plug it in again?!!

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2011

Default Re: Letter from Wescot RE Taking over management of RBS Credit Card debt

Hi Garden

Welcome back to CAGicon.

Check if Wescot have CCA.
    Wescot wont own anything on this debt so no chance of legal.

How much is left owing? Do not pay RBSicon until they can cough up a CCA

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Letter from Wescot RE Taking over management of RBS Credit Card debt

Wescot don't buy debts so can be totally ignored
    Keep doing what you are

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

I did all the CCA stuff years ago but they all managed to produce them!!

Most of my creditors accepted Full & Finals after a couple of years. Only RBSicon continued to refuse. My mortgageicon and Bank accounts are with RBS so not sure if stopping paying all together would be a good idea anyway?

Each debt is around the 9k mark.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

My concern is that they will start aggressively chasing the debts but do you think it will just continue as before?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Its still owned by the OC

On debts like this
    We would never recommend stopping payment

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

As DX says still with OC.
    No Action can be taken by Wescot.

Keep paying RBSicon

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

So then both Natwest and RBSicon increased the minimum payment due from 15 a month to over 6000 a month!

Then the next month told me I have broken the terms of my credit agreement by not paying the minimum amount ( I still paid the 15).

Does this allow them to put defaults on my credit record again as they fell off after 6 yearsicon at the beginning of this year?

I don't want to contact them because then we get all knotted up in the income and expenditure info route!

a debt can only be defaulted once

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

Thank you! That's a relief.

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

6k a month?? Seriously?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Suspect RBSicon did it automatically and no human input.... They have a habit of doing it,.

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

Yep - minimum payment seemed to be around 50% of balance!!

Correcting this to 70% of the balance!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    garden123 Novitiate

If it is automatic does it go back down again automatically as well? I think this might have happened before but previous recent statements were showing min Payment of 15.

Basic Account Holder
    florish Novitiate

I too received a lettericon in July stating that Wescot were now going to manage my Natwest credit card debit but to keep paying Natwest - I don't have a problem with that arrangement.

I pay Natwest 1 per month, however once per year, at the time of my annual review, my monthly statement from Natwest will show my next minimum payment to be around 4K (around 50% of the o/s balance).
    The first time that happened a few years ago I telephoned Natwest to ask what was going on.
    They said it was just something that happens when the account is reviewed and just to ignore it.
    Sure enough the next statement is back to requesting a minimum payment of 1

Like the o/p above, I've also been unable to get Natwest to accept a f&f and I'm not a home owner.

Gold Account Holder fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative

Cagger since : Dec 2012

There was a policy shift fairly recently where RBSicon sold their non performing debts. I am guessing this is their next stage, farm out the management of debts being paid.

Like you when I CCAd RBS they came up with the agreement but since it's been sold Cabot have failed to stump up the goods. They stopped sending me statements long ago.

There is some discussion as to the best time to send CCA requests but certainly better once the debt has actively been sold on.

Florish did you ever cca NatWest?

Garden, when they came up with the cca paperwork, was it compliant I.e did it have all the prescribed terms, only relevant though if the agreements are pre Apr 2007

Basic Account Holder
    florish Novitiate

Hi fletch, yes I cca'd Natwest 2 or 3 years ago and they managed to produce a compliant cca - at least I was told by someone it was compliant and accepted that.
    I'll need to look it out again - it was an application form for a credit card taken out in 1997.
    However although they've produced the prescribed terms, I think they're on separate pieces of paper that Natwest also sent to me. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details