Robinson Way/HPH2 cap1 debt - spoof refund letter - watchout

Malcior
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I had an old debt with HPH2 LTD (EX CAPITAL ONE) that was being handled by Robinson Way.

The debt itself was settled back in 2005 but Robinson Way decided that they were going to continue pursuing it up until about 2011

when they gave up after being unable to satisfactorily prove that I actually owed them any money.

I received this letter from them today...

"It has recently been identified the above account should not have been sold to our client Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited ("HPH2") and as a result we should not have been assigned to the account for collection.

This means that the account will be removed completely from our records and our client, HPH2, now confirms that you have no outstanding debt with them.

In addition to this, you are eligible for a refund of any payments made since our client, or the previous owners, MKDP LLP ceased legal ownership of the debt.

The refund is currently being processed and should be with you no later than 14 days from the date of this letter.

Please accept our apologies for any distress this matter may have caused."

I telephoned to find out what they mean by refund as I have not made any payments to them since I settled the debt nearly 11 years ago!.

The man on the phone very nicely apologised for the letter

and informed me that

"We've been getting a lot of calls about these letters"

and told me that they had been sent out in error. Oh and

"How would I like to be paying today?" :jaw:

This is obviously a bit of phishing by Robinson Way so just wanted to post it up here so that you could all be aware of it.

I will as always continue to ignore this nonsense

I hope youre reporting that letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

Hi Malcior

Sounds pretty much like a stock letter being done as due diligence . Mkdp have been notorious for maladministration with lots and lots of cases that should never have even gone to court being won by the defendants.

As for the operator asking for payment , my guess is it was just a slip of the tongue by an over worked underpayed bloke in a call centre who may well not be allowed to go off piste.

If you haven't made any payments I would not even waste a stamp on a complaint, just keep the letter.

Miss mouse, tempting as it is to speak on the phone, ignore until something comes in writing and then only answer if necessary.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .