Erudio and old student loan - should I start paying? **WON STATUTE BARRED**

Babadook
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

if anyone can help?

Went to my parents a few days ago and received an unexpected call on their house phone (was living there years ago whilst a student).

Turned out to be Erudio, I thought they were trying to flog off something and hung up.

After googling them yesterday, I understand they're the new student loans company.

I had taken some students loans, prior to 1998 (mortgage style) and some around 2007 (comes directly out of Pay).

It turns out that the last time I paid anything towards and deferred my mortgage style loan was in 2011 and since then have not paid anything back.

The reason for this is during a marital dispute in 2010, I moved out an was living (with family and friends) and also working in different places and totally forgot about this particular loan (and the other too as I was never earning beyond the thresholds required for me to pay anything back). As a consequence of moving around, I also never received any reminders etc.

I've moved back home earlier this year and after this call, it has now dawned on me that I've not paid anything for so long.

I am worried that I may get a CCJ against my name etc and not quite sure what to do?

After reading through some posts here I understand that the loan will not be SB but I'll most definitely have lost the right to deferment etc.

Should I simply start paying something to these guys via standing order and inform them of my situation? Will this prevent them pursuing a CCJ against me?

Please help?

Edited by Babadook

Hi Babadook and Welcome to CAG

I would just ask Mom and Dad to keep an eye on the post and inform you immediately if anything from them arrives..or anything from any Court.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

although there has been a few reports of erudio [arrow global DCA in sheeps clothing]

taking people to court over these old mortgage style 'debts'

it turns out these were probably spoofs.

yes i'd sit tight.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you all for your response.

I've been checking with parents and they've not received a call or letters again.

I've also today been offered a job abroad which I'm thinking of taking.

Again shall I sit tight/ inform Erudio I'll be moving abroad?

no point in telling them anything really

being abroad does not 'absolve' you from paying

but I know what i'd do...

you'll prob get termination and default letters soon

going by arrows latest moves on other threads.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Not posted on this thread for a while but just need further advice please if anyone can help?

I returned back to the UK over a year ago and during this time have been receiving phone calls and letters from Erudio.

So far, I have ignored all of these.

I've now just moved house and am unsure of whether I should contact Erudio and let them know:

* my new address

* that I believe my loans became statute barred in Nov last year (My last payment to them was in (2011).

I guess I'm mainly just concerned that they may try and get a CCJ against me without knowing?

Anyone suggest what I should do?

Can I just keep ignoring or would it be best to contact them and let them know of my new address?

Should I also contact them and let them know I believe my loans are now statute barred?

Send them our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library

Put an address on there that you are guarantee d to get mail from should they reply

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post this quick update:

I sent the SB letter with my new house address on it.

A few days letter I noticed I stopped receiving calls but still hadn't received a response.

it's been approx. 3 weeks so I decided to go and collect all letters from my previous address.

I noticed I received a letter from Erudio who confirm my account is indeed statute barred, the balance in no longer due and they have closed the account!

RESULT!!! :whoo:

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed, especially to you DX!!!

good result

please try and donate to keep us here

dx

and they