I worked as self emloyed last year for a short period what documents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came from EU to London in November last year, 2015 and i was working as self employed for 1.5 months in that year.

I was waiter through an agency working for minimal wage, now i am employed already but I am concerned about those several weeks that i worked as self employed last year,

i haven't submitted any documents about the salaries i received and i don't know if i should and what documents i need to have,

i don't have all of my pay slips either.

Today I was in the agency that i worked for to ask these questions, and they told me not to worry about that,

since I worked for a short period and for little money.

I haven't received any letters from HMRC either so what do you suggest i should do ?

If by November 2016 you have earned less that 11600 in total, there's no point submitting anything even though to follow the letter of the law you should fill a self assessment.

If you've earned more, then it's important that you do submit the self assessment so hmrc won't bother you.

It's quite a simple form, especially because you should have some sort of paperwork from the agency with all the figures.

One thing that you should check is that the agency hasn't paid tax and national insurance on your behalf, so look at the paperwork.

Normally if self employed the agency can't pay you direct, you either use an umbrella company that pays you and takes care of any tax of you set up a limited company and the agency pays them, in both cases you should fill in an hmrc self assessment but in the second Ltd co case you would need to pay any tax owing, although as mentioned this might be zero anyway.