pC+ PCN What happens if you ignore them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've done some reading but it's hard finding the answer.

Since private companies can't fine you, what realistically happens if you just ignore them? Do they have any mechanism for forcing payment? I understand they could sue under contract law, but what are the odds of that?

Depends on the company and the nature of the issue, too little info for any constructive advice J

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks. I'm asking vaguely because I don't know the particulars

- someone I know had a postal charge from a private company.

I think it was stopping in a car park without a ticket.

Some companies have more ability than others to make you pay if you ignore them?

I don't know the who, why and where - just curious to know what they have to work with.

Generally speaking with these "speculative invoices" it is not good advice to simply ignore them.

Cant really offer any more than that without information on the issue, if you can get that then post up, there are a few on here who are the canines cashews with parking matters

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

yep do not IGNORE!!

tell us the full details.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please fill this out

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They can and often do issue a claim through the courts, but, if dealt with correctly from the outset, this need not be the case

There is currently a big flurry of court claims at the moment as the parkingt co's that previously did nothing are now under the impression that the Beavis result is a licence to print money.

Beavis only covered a very specific range of events and said that the parking co doesnt have to show a aschedule of loss, just that its charge not be "unconscionable".

This is not the same as actually creating a contract and many companies that quoted Beavis recently lost big time because they didnt have a contract to enforce.

Parking Eye seems to tie things up better than most companies but even they are sloppy and dont bother to renew contracts when they expire but just carry on and fail to apply for planning permission for thei cameras and signs and when caught out tell lies ( they know from previous experience they are in the wrong) in the hope someone will believe them on the day.

So there's a realistic chance of a court claim if you do nothing.
\

Slim but possible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they do think that it you do not respond to their solicitors final threaqtogram then you wont respond to a claim form and they win by default.

That is their business plan because if everyone who got a claim form defended they would run up such a huge legal and admin bill they would soon go bust, even if they won all of the cases.

Another reason they like to add on "collection fees" and all other sorts of rubbish, made up amounts. If they didnt then they would just be covering their exact costs and as we know, that isnt what they are about.

It would be more than interesting to see an actual invoice from one of the pet solicitors for the work done as I bet these seemingly fixed fees of £54 for a letter arent the actual amount paid as they dont seem to be viable in a matter of recovering £80-100.

Of course, if the solicitors were underwriting the claims and then trousering some of the monies afterwards that would be Champerty and Maintenance, which is unlawful and we all know that parking co's and their solicitors like Glastones and BW are paragons of virtue and would never stoop to such things.