• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A+L Bank Account now Santander

gwebstech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

after going through my statements for my court bundle, i noticed i had missed a charge from last year ! and on this month ,cos i went overdrawn by a few pounds, i have incurred another £75 of charges !! god they never stop do they ?

has anyone amended their claim at this late stage? ( my bundle has to be in soon) i dont know if its best to amend my claim after my bundle has gone in, or make another claim when this 1 is sorted, as by then ill prob have another few hundred pounds to claim 1

thanks

gaz

hi try and keep to one thread if you can :)

there is a form to change your claim - but I am not sure if you can do it after bundle is completed - i think it costs £35.00.

try and find out if there is anything on Michael brownes a-z index which I have referred to in other threads.

Jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

i am in exactly the same boat, the t******* s****s( at least dick turpin wore a mask) have charged me £34 for a failed direct debit of £11. i am going to include the letter stating it in my court bundle. since i started my claim in the court i have accumulated a small amount that i will be making another claim for

yes

i think ill make another claim, fingers crossed- it will be so much easier next time. you think they would sort themselves out rather than keep risking interest and court charges

gaz

Hi max2001. You'd be advised to edit your post above as the CAG frowns on use of language that could be considered libelous - it could get them into trouble.

Don't worry, we all have our own way of thinking of the banks, so there is no need to be graphic, just a few ***'s will convey your feelings just as well. 8)

• 8 years later...

FWIW that appears to be enforceable

though strange the default fees are not £12.

as Fsa [now FCA] ruled on that in 2006

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where are the T&C's

again the charges are wrong by FCA rules

so who says that's enforceable?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

court charge?

there should be pages of T&C's with a CCA return.

were there any?

can w just confirm

this debt is still being paid to satans bank

not a DCA?

dx

and they

What i meant was you said "who says thats enforceable"

and i was saying in reply i dont know if it is or not but i wouldnt risk them taking me to court over such a thing

(what i assumed was a small thing)

no, ive shown any paperwork ive received,

1 reply had just 2 sides of a4,

1 had 4,

1 had 3 which was the creation one

yes this debt is being paid to Santander according to my payplan account

Creditor History

Creditor Name Account Name/Number Date Transferred Abbey Plc

07/09/2010 Abbey Plc

21/09/2012 Alliance & Leicester Personal Finance Ltd - 2nd Charge

21/09/2012 Santander UK Plc

15/03/2013

Creditor History Creditor Name Account Name/Number Date Transferred Santander

28/06/2010 Abbey Plc

02/07/2010 Abbey Plc

21/09/2012 Alliance & Leicester Personal Finance Ltd - 2nd Charge

21/09/2012 Santander UK Plc

15/03/2013

So do i need to write to them and ask for the t&c's or what?

thanks

well as its still with the OC

and you are paying it

i'd let things run.

have you been getting regular statements?

and they

yea know the feeling!

no penalty charges yet?

and they

They can't add more than what int is stated on the agreement

Unless their t&c's say so

And you haven't got those

and they

• 3 years later...

open

thanks

so ive just had some letters come from Dryden fairfax solicitors, im not going to reply but just to jog others memories - DX loked through the paperwork i had received and he said it did look enforceable even though there were very few t&c included in their CCA reply to me

so should i just sit tight until they start court proceeding -thats if they do?

thanks

Still paying?

Still with satans bank?

What are these letters??

Dx

and they

not paid for about 4 years now, i still get letters from Santander regularly though

the letters basically say " we aresolicitors instructed by our client, to obtain repayment of xxxx ..... or to take appropriate recovery action"

reply by early Feb

i assumed that as Santander hadnt been chasing me for 4 odd year that they knew their CCA docs wasnt as required for  court action