• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bailiffs evict teacher from her quaint cottage....another one with links to FMoTL.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a press report on SCOOP today regarding the much publicised recent eviction that took place at a quaint cottage in Glossop belonging to a maths teacher.

The following is taken from the newspaper article:

This is the moment bailiffs smashed their way into a teacher's quaint home to evict her after an alleged row over roof stones.

Footage has emerged online of enforcement officers hacking at the door of Rekha Patel's home in Glossop as they try to gain entry.

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/moment-bailiffs-smashed-maths-teachers-8240906

PS:

As is frequently the case, the press article failed to provide the 'background' information !!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This eviction happened on June 10th. Many of the 'supporters' outside of the property consist of Freeman on the Land/Sovereign Citizen individuals.

The following YouTube video has featured heavily on a variety of social media sites since the eviction. The person heard talking is a well know 'bailiff baiter' by the name of Chrissy Morris. He was arrested following the incident at Hanover Cottage.

Chrissy Morris a well known figure on the Sov Cit /FMoTL scene and likes to 'bait' bailiffs by taping telephone conversations with the bailiff whilst at the same time, videoing himself. The video will then be uploaded onto the FMoTL/Sov.Cit's favourite media outlet; YouTube. He was a one time 'cage fighter' (not any longer) although he does retain 'other interests' in Essex.

It is fair to say that he has significant difficulty grasping the following:

That a warrant is addressed to the enforcement agent/bailiff and is not for him to see (or copy).

That a warrant does not need a 'wet ink' signature.

That a warrant does not require a personal signature from a Judge.

That a warrant is not a 'fraudulent instrument'.

I am no FMOTL advocate but why does the Warrant not need a real signature from a Justice of the Peace the same as utility companies gaining entry?

An excellent question and one that I hope that another poster (HCEO) will answer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Chrissy Morris is 100% FMOTL and causes chaos on Social Media pages, some of which were previously good before his presence.

Regarding warrants, my understanding has always been no 'real' signature is nececessary, as Rule 109(3) of the Magistrate Court Rules 1981 states the following: “Where a signature is required on a form or warrant other than arrest, remand or commitment warrant, an electronic signature incorporated into the document will satisfy the requirement.”

Edited by Andyorch
edit

I normally dont comment on these but that police officer was extremely reasonable across through the entire video.

Multiple warnings etc and then he was left with no choice but to arrest.

Once again,,it proves that these people really are off another universe

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The press reports briefly mention that the property owner (Mrs Patel) lost her home because of a 'dispute' regarding repairs to her roof. The background is as follows:

Mrs Patel is a school teacher and in 2011 she purchased a 'listed' terraced property (Hanover Cottage). The property had lain empty for a number of years and needed roof repairs. It would seem that Mrs Patel employed builders to carry out the work but in so doing, failed to serve a 'Party Structure Notice' on her neighbour. Accordingly, her neighbour had no opportunity to agree or to disagree with the works. This led to a court case.

Mrs Patel lost at trial and attempted to have the case reconsidered at the High Court, but her appeal was rejected. She was ordered to pay her neighbour's legal costs of £70,000. She refused to pay and her neighbour registered the debt (of £70,000) as a charge against her property. She enforced the charge by seeking repossession.

A short interview was given on the YouTube video by Mrs Patel where she was heard saying this:

"I have gone under protest, they would not give me a copy (of the warrant). It is for the amount of £111.75'. 'This is my house that was taken by force. They took my £200,000 house for £111.75'.

'I am refusing to pay the £70,000 from the trial. They have hired a private company that are basically people pretending to be bailiffs to come and intimidate me out of my home. These types of organisations persuade us, the general public, that they have lawful documentation to carry it out.'

'I had no choice but to educate myself in the law. Hence, I can say I have been presented with a document (a copy of the warrant) that has not been written by a Judge with an authorising seal from the court'.

Details of the background to Mrs Patel's court case can be read in detail here:

http://planning.highpeak.gov.uk/portal/ ... ame=122149

The press reports briefly mention that the property owner (Mrs Patel) lost her home because of a 'dispute' regarding repairs to her roof. The background is as follows:

Mrs Patel is a school teacher and in 2011 she purchased a 'listed' terraced property (Hanover Cottage). The property had lain empty for a number of years and needed roof repairs. It would seem that Mrs Patel employed builders to carry out the work but in so doing, failed to serve a 'Party Structure Notice' on her neighbour. Accordingly, her neighbour had no opportunity to agree or to disagree with the works. This led to a court case.

Mrs Patel lost at trial and attempted to have the case reconsidered at the High Court, but her appeal was rejected. She was ordered to pay her neighbour's legal costs of £70,000. She refused to pay and her neighbour registered the debt (of £70,000) as a charge against her property. She enforced the charge by seeking repossession.

A short interview was given on the YouTube video by Mrs Patel where she was heard saying this:

"I have gone under protest, they would not give me a copy (of the warrant). It is for the amount of £111.75'. 'This is my house that was taken by force. They took my £200,000 house for £111.75'.

'I am refusing to pay the £70,000 from the trial. They have hired a private company that are basically people pretending to be bailiffs to come and intimidate me out of my home. These types of organisations persuade us, the general public, that they have lawful documentation to carry it out.'

'I had no choice but to educate myself in the law. Hence, I can say I have been presented with a document (a copy of the warrant) that has not been written by a Judge with an authorising seal from the court'.

Details of the background to Mrs Patel's court case can be read in detail here:

http://planning.highpeak.gov.uk/portal/ ... ame=122149

I must admit that when i read these cases posted it pees me off, because someone has ended up in a silly position because they made a mistake, which they make even worse by continuing to argue against the facts.

What happens to the mortgage companies interest in this situation ? They may hold a larger share of the equity than the creditors who took this court repossession action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I normally dont comment on these but that police officer was extremely reasonable across through the entire video.

Multiple warnings etc and then he was left with no choice but to arrest.

Once again,,it proves that these people really are off another universe

Chrissy Morris views being arrested as a sort of victory. He and other FMoTL and Sov Citizen's were at the attendance of another eviction in Luton last year. The police officer demonstrated a huge amount of patience before finally arresting him.

Unfortunately, the enforcement agent made a big mistake !! She fell for CM's trick and handed him a copy of the writ. She realised her mistake quite quickly...he would not give it back to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51r-roJqwU

I am no FMOTL advocate but why does the Warrant not need a real signature from a Justice of the Peace the same as utility companies gaining entry?

I notice that this thread has been picked up by SCOOP. Accordingly, it will feature on many news wires and government agency websites.

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

If my answer is wrong, hopefully HCEO will correct me.

In the first instance, a common feature with most FMoTL followers is their fixation for 'warrants', 'wet ink signatures', court 'seals' and 'fraudulent instruments'.

In the case of these evictions, they fail to understand that the legal document enabling the enforcement agent to seize possession of the property is not in fact a warrant. It is a Writ (of Possession).

The Writ of Possession will be addressed to the enforcement agent and is his legal authority to seize possession.

The Writ does not require a 'signature' . However, it does require a court seal. There may be occasions whereby the writ needs to be amended after being issued. This could be for a variety of reasons (typo errors being the most common one). Other amendments could relate to an additional address being added etc). In such cases, the writ would need to be returned back to the court. The amendment would be made, and this would be evidenced by providing a second seal (called a button seal).

PS: A copy of the Writ of Possession in relation to this particular matter, features on a variety of social media sites. If the moderators have no objection, I can upload a copy later today. It may well prove useful to anyone with a passing interest in these matters.

they would not give me a copy (of the warrant)

following paragraph

I can say I have been presented with a document (a copy of the warrant) that has not been written by a Judge with an authorising seal from the court

make your mind up love cant have it both ways!!

same with the chris morris video.

officer the warrants a fake

next breath - officer they wont show me the warrant - how do you know its a fake then you clown!

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

This has convinced me I must buy a caravan, hitch it to a white van and become a Traveller. Had enough of FMOL, bailiffs EA's; Dodgeball and Mikemack disputes, jacobs bailiffs, et al

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I must admit that when i read these cases posted it pees me off, because someone has ended up in a silly position because they made a mistake, which they make even worse by continuing to argue against the facts.

What happens to the mortgage companies interest in this situation ? They may hold a larger share of the equity than the creditors who took this court repossession action.

I am not sure this property is mortgaged ? However if the charge is pursued and there is a first charge lender(mortgagee) the mortgage company will take their interest first, the other charges will claim their money out of the remaining equity in the order the charge(s) were registered.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

This has convinced me I must buy a caravan, hitch it to a white van and become a Traveller. Had enough of FMOL, bailiffs EA's; Dodgeball and Mikemack disputes, jacobs bailiffs, et al

Cheeky monkey

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I think its amazing that the FotL guy has expanded this persons issue simply by being there and ranting

and in a green news release something similar could possibly have been

listed building vandalised destroying local history

Vandal refuses to pay court and repair costs and is evicted

Attempts in progress to repair damage.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Chrisy Morris was not the only FmoTL/Sov Cit individual present. There was quite a few of them.

Sorry BA I did realise that - a handful of supporters for a ringleader and some folk there for the excitement

There were probably more involved people at our local estate meeting (16)

I've seen him (I assume it was him) on some of the conspiracy type programs, and I'm still unsure whether he really believes this stuff, or just likes the 'cult head' sensations.

but lets face it. Even the nobodies on the 'celebrity' shows are better known than him/them.

Frick I know at least part of whasisname Essex's name and roughly what he looks like (black hair and very bleached white teeth - I still cant (cant be bothered) to remember the fotl guy(s) name(s) (or what they look like)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Chrissy Morris is 100% FMOTL and causes chaos on Social Media pages, some of which were previously good before his presence.

Regarding warrants, my understanding has always been no 'real' signature is nececessary, as Rule 109(3) of the Magistrate Court Rules 1981 states the following: “Where a signature is required on a form or warrant other than arrest, remand or commitment warrant, an electronic signature incorporated into the document will satisfy the requirement.”

As used worldwide = electronic signature - common sense as criminal etc could be long gone awaiting shankses pony (Royal Mail)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I wonder how long this thread would have lasted if there were some half way intelligent (if there are any) fotl supporter with some actually good points?

unsubcribing

The Tory Legacy

Not only did the teacher's builders saw off rare water-tabling features from the neighbour's grade2 listed property without Party Wall Notice, but also the teacher and builders spent the summer holidays of 2011 digging down to soil beneath the footings of the party wall in order to lay underfloor heating.

This, despite teacher being told by the council's building control officer in May 2011 not to dig any deeper than the stone floor slabs. Both houses are grade 2 listed, 18th century, no foundations just flagstones on clay soil. Neighbour's house is on land 2 ft higher so relies on party wall of teacher's older house. Five-year crack monitoring on neighbour's house until 2017. Teacher's builders also overloaded scaffold with heavy stone roof tiles and placed accro foot on neighbour's drain which cracked 100-year-old pot gulley causing £850 worth of damage.

Neighbour tried to sort it out amicably at first but teacher believed she was in the right. Both parties then went to mediation but teacher wanted compensation. Teacher has been given 10 weeks from 1st April to pay her outstanding 6 years worth of legal bills including 2 appeals at the High Court.

She refuses to pay. Prefers to orchestrate a media campaign including cage fighter, FMoTL Chrisy Morris, M.E.N and Daily Mirror, Youtube, FB, Glossop Chronicle - so far. Has told her pupils in class that she is writing a book about this. She took 6 months sick leave last year and is currently off sick with "stress". She has made a speech on eviction day about "the racist neighbour next door" and organised a "march" on Father's Day to reclaim her house where she made further speeches to 20 mostly family in what was once her garden, but they were effectively trespassing.

The Glossopdale FB Group page has posted racist comments about the neighbour whose children have had to stay in a safe house. Teacher has now got her own FB page "Community Backs Teacher" (Rekha Patel) where she uses the image of Gandhi - an insult to this great man's name.

Edited by Andyorch
Paragraphs

She has made a speech on eviction day about "the racist neighbour next door" and organised a "march" on Father's Day to reclaim her house where she made further speeches to 20 mostly family in what was once her garden, but they were effectively trespassing.

The Glossopdale FB Group page has posted racist comments about the neighbour whose children have had to stay in a safe house. Teacher has now got her own FB page "Community Backs Teacher" (Rekha Patel) where she uses the image of Gandhi - an insult to this great man's name.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

I heard that she had been posting on EFOTB and that she is seeking ways to 'reclaim' her house. If she has been wronged, then she is entitled to be heard. Unfortunately for her, she appears to have been 'taken under the wing' by the Freeman/Sovereign Citizen community . This alone will be her undoing.

There are endless media articles regarding the likes of Tom Crawford, Guy Taylor and others who have tried 'reclaiming ' their homes. They all failed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks