Nationwide/ Robinson way

fletch70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an account with Nationwide

At a time when things were far from good for me there was some money paid into the account from the DWP or similar,

I withdrew it and spent it.

A couple of weeks later NW wrote saying they were going to take the money back which they did.

They then added various charges.

I started a repayment plan but stopped in 2012 and went through a complaint taking it to the FOS.

The basis of my complaint was that the fees were unjust because I did not actually incur the overdraft .

Some of the fees were repaid I think.

There was last time I looked a balance of 218

The account was sold and Robinson Way started to write which I ignored

Today I have received a letter saying that if I do not respond within 2 weeks it will be passed to Howard Cohen

and maybe court action taken

BUT

the balance has reduced by £50 to £168

As I am a student and my only finance is student finance ,

also we are coming to the summer when I will in effect have zero income I am not sure what to do.

Do I engage them and tell them that the account is littered with unfair charges

Ignore them

Engage with them and say I have no income

Scrape together say £50 and offer it in full and final settlement

The overdraft was always unauthorised and incurred by them taking out funds that had been paid in by mistake

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Have you SAR nationwide?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I haven't sent a SAR however from the records I have

The amount paid in by mistake was approx 333

Charges an interest were approx £75

I repaid approx £180

I could work out the exact amounts as I have statements etc from NW and my main bank account at that time

They did send a DN under S87(1) demanding full payment, now it is correct in that it gives dates etc it does only give a total of 14 days so does not give 14 days from date of deliver.

I do not have the original statements but these go back to 2009

You need to Sar them and find out what was going on behind the scenes.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What sort of info that i do not already have is likely to come from spending £10 on a SAR?

As MKDP have now owned it for so long and the original default goes back to 2009 it seems that there may be little info available. In any event I will need to wait a while until I have a spare tenner , probably Oct

What sort of info? Internal communications concerning your account for one.

They did send a DN under S87(1)

unusual re a current a/c o/d

'maybe' court action. so no real threat of that atm.

depends if you want to get rid of it, or are happy to sit tight and let it go all the way.