free parking but no free ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I’m a bit cross. I have parked in a car park outside a local shopping area many times previously without requiring a ticket (this is not council run parking). On this particular occasion I parked at approximately 09.30 and saw that parking was free for two hours. When I returned just under one and a half hours later, at 10.50, there was a ticket on my car. It appears that I was meant to have a ticket, albeit free, displayed on my car. I disputed this with the warden, particularly as it said I had been parked since 09.00 (I was eating breakfast 10 miles away at 9am), and in any case even if I had been there at 09.00 it still would not have constituted 2 hours.

I wrote to the company explaining what had happened and why I didn’t feel I should pay the £40. Some time later I received a letter from their solicitors demanding £80 and threatening me with court action. It all seems a bit crazy just because I didn’t have a bit of paper on my car. Can anyone help?

Many thanks