Cabot bought RBS Mint which is in dispute, what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, all, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while due to illness/back to back forms. I hope you are all well.

As it's been five years I'm not sure what to do in re a debt that's been in dispute since May 2011

- sold by RBS/Mint to Cabot, from whom my husband has had a letter last month.

In 2011 the then collector Regal Credit closed the account as they could not provide documents as requested by my CCA.

Cabot's letter just says they will be in touch, not sure if I should wait to hear from them or CCA them now and/or mention the debt has been in dispute for five years?

I have the link to how to do a CCA of which I've sent many - I'm reading the link thoroughly as I know things have changed which is why I'm posting this, to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Many thanks for any advice and I hope you are all well.

Best wishes

HY :oops:

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

pers id let it run

what does his credit file say?

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By let it run do you mean, wait to hear from Cabot?

Latest credit report is in shed, we are half-bured in paperwork, so have to go dig it out.

Thank you.

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

or do it free online at noddle or clearscore?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

let them do the running.

If they write again and say that you owe £xx then you send them a CCA request

and point out that the debt is in dispute.

This will give them 2 things to think about and they certainly wont be back in touch in a hurry

as it will take them ages to work out where the paperwork has gone and its current status.

• Confused 1

Thank you both :-D will do

- have had another letter from Cabot today but just says if they don't hear from us then they will write again in 14 days.

Equifax credit file: RBS/Mint - de nada, goose egg, nothing listed. Will check out those other sites.

Hope you both have a brill weekend.

PS My husband has made a small donation to CAG to show his appreciation - we will try to do this whenever we can as we are grateful this information is still available, after all that's been scrapped..

thank you

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Have had a letter this morning from Cabot. No mention of CCA Request, just the original letter we received when the debt was sold, demanding money. It's like dealing with an idiot robot.

Am sending a follow up reminding them they have 12+2 working days from 16 June (got proof they signed for the request on this date) to provide the agreement. Then will leave it up to them to waste stationery, ink, stamps, etc. until they provide what I've asked for.

Many thanks again, you guys.:-)

Cabot wont have the paperwork, and will lie and mislead you at every single turn.

Do NOT send a follow up. You have no need to. They are well aware of their responsibilities. Let them make the mistakes.

Think about it. Why would you want to tell them they made a mistake, and have them try and rectify it?

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you, Renegadeimp - am not firing on all cylinders at moment (my brain is addled from a lot more stress than usual)