Fredrickson made payment into my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may seem odd but I have just received a payment into my bank account from Fredrickson International.

10 years ago we lost almost everything we had to a business fraud.

In the intervening period, we have rebuilt credit and established a new business.

However, at the worst time, Fredrickson were one of the hardest and nastiest companies to deal with.

I have never, to my knowledge paid them anything or given them my new account details so am mystified that a payment should suddenly appear in my account.

I told my bank I do not want this money but they told me there is nothing they can do.

Is this a part of some new harassment tactic?

Does the payment establish some kind of business arrangement with Frederickson?

The idea of going back to that nightmare time is very worrying.

If anyone has any information/ thoughts as to what might be occurring,

I would be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks.

Edited by CAJ2000
word not accepted

It may well be that they have discovered some error or wrongdoing on their part and so they are making a refund to you.

This could be worth checking out because apart from anything else, if it could be taken as an admission of wrongdoing, then they could be a basis for asking for a further payment by way of compensation.

Can you tell us how much money you are talking about here and also give us some few details about the involvement of Fredrickson and what you paid to them.

I think it would also be useful to send Fredrickson an SAR

By the way, if you really don't want the money then we are always desperate for donations.

Thanks for the reply.

The amount in question is a credit of £40.00. To the best of my knowledge I have never paid anything to Fredrickson.

I am more than a little worried about establishing contact with these people if it's not absolutely necessary. My partner and I just want to move on.

Do you think this may be just a fishing expedition. Seems an expensive exercise if so.

Rgds.

PS. If I get to the point where I believe the money is mine to keep, it will go to the forum :-)

Edited by CAJ2000
Addition

What type of credit agreement was this CAJ...in your dealings with Fredrickson ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would have to go back to the records but it would almost certainly have been a credit card.

We subsequently paid off everyone in full except where a debt had been sold on and no credit agreement or right to collect was provided. I think Fredrickson came into this category but I'm not sure. The most likely candidate was an MBNA visa card.

Hope this helps but still don't understand how they got bank details or why they made a payment. I have never acknowledged any debt to Fredrickson and the account they paid into was opened after all our debt problems came about and no debt accrued while at our current account address.

Sorry for the vague reply but I'm working abroad at the moment and have no access to all the old papers until I get home.

Rgds

As you state its over 10 years ago so any outstanding debt would now be statute barred...so you cant start any arrangement or conformation by speaking to them.Ring them up and ask whats the credit for ? and how did they get your banking details ?

All will be then revealed and CAG will be £40 better off:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

About a year ago one of the banks paid people a sum of money to avoid being hauled over the coals for PPI and did this as a full and final without checking whether the amount was anywhere near right.

For many it was money for nothing but for a few it would have been a drop in the bucket if they accepted.

Freds are probably doing the same on a few of their dodgier accounts and as it is a blanket refund you get some whether you are owed or not.

It certainly isnt going to hurt you to ask why.

They cant reclaim the money if it is their mistake,

they will have to wait for you to be nice to them