• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

QQ Irresponsible Lending - Where do I Start??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope I can be pointed in the right direction.

I have had several loans from QQ dating from 2010-2012

a total of 19 loans according to their information adding up to £14,600 without adding interest.

The last loan of £1100 is showing as defaulted in August 2012 , apparently was funded on the 24th August 2012, I have checked through all my previous bank statements and this payment is not showing.

I hope someone can help as to who I email and what should I say?

Thank you

Hi,

Firstly, read through the other threads relating to QQ on here to get a feel of how things might work. Then you need to pull all your information together, get a copy of your credit report and tailor a complaint letter or email to QQ themselves. Send any email to [email protected] This complaint should be in your own words, not using a template, and say why you believe that QQ lent money to you irresponsibly. Was there a constant pattern of loans, were many of these rolled over? Quick quid will have all these as new loans on their web page but many are rollovers. Did they increase your limit to a point you couldn't afford, despite doing no checks?

Once you send in your complaint, sit back and wait. They have 8 weeks to come back to you before you can go to the FOS. I can pretty much guarantee that they will offer nothing or a token gesture, as I've not seen anyone get any response from QQ or P2P which are part of the same business. Once the 8 weeks is up, or they send you a final response (whichever comes first) you can send your complaint to the FOS. During this time I would use it to collate bank statements and details on other commitments, copy letters and emails of correspondence and generally have everything an adjudicator might require should our complaint go to the FOS. Did you have any other PDL at the same time, late payment markers, CCJ's or a low income and high outgoing that a payday lender should have seen if they had done proper checks?

19 loans !!!!

A definite irresponsible lending case IMO, bet these were all rolled over to pay off the previous loan, daylight robbery, should be outlawed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you,

There was a constant pattern of rollovers that started with £400 and ended increasing to £1200. I have checked my account on the QQ website & according to them I have had 19 loans.

The Total £14,600.

Could someone advise as to adding interest to this and if so how much?

Thank you

Where would I find out the interest charged?

On the agreement you signed?

On statements they sent?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you are looking on-line then click on the loan ID in blue. This then shows a quick snap shot of the loan itself. Loan Amount is the amount borrowed and Loan Fee is the interest. If you had any loyalty discounts they show under Discount Amount and come off the loan fee to give you the amount you paid as interest

e.g. Loan Amount £1300 Loan Fee £260 Discount Amount £52 Total repaid £1508

Also note that if you changed to a flexi account with QQ, this information is not stored on their website, just pay day loans. My loan info stopped at the end of 2012, but I still borrowed from QQ up the end of 2014 and was paying my flexi loan into 2015

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK, there is no set template, each case is individual, type up your complaint then post it on here for others to look at and advise you.