Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Drilling diary – December 2017-Care Of Drill Or Drop.

40+ events in December 2017 events about fracking and onshore oil and gas in the UK including:

Debate between INEOS and Eckington Against Fracking;

Actions opposing Barclays Bank investment in Third Energy;

Anti-fracking march in Pickering;

Dalai Lama’s monks visit Preston New Road;

Council committee meetings;

Christmas social events.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/01/drilling-diary-december-2017/

Word coming out from the Frontlines Of Fracking.

Remember this statement back in 2013.

I went to the Winter Gardens Blackpool that day when the then energy Minister Michael Fallon slipped in the side entrance to Speak at a Fracking get together. It was not that long before he became Defence Minister.

He said then "I think we're going to see maybe 30, 40 wells drilled over the next couple of years"

Well latest is.4 years later.

Looks increasingly possible there will be no fracking in the UK this year.

Cuadrilla in Lancs says fracking starting early 2018. Meanwhile, consent for Third Energy in Yorks could be delayed over legal loophole.

Huge Fracking get together early January at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

One year since battle began i was hoping to be waltzing on the Pad to celebrate the departing Cuadrilla but i can wait.

Details.

An entire year sacrificed to Preston New Road Rolling Roadside Protest, time stolen from our families and lives - how do you feel about that? The anniversary is a day to gather and make it very clear - we're not stopping, till Cuadrilla do.

Black Friday (One Year at PNR)

https://www.facebook.com/events/168312943762599/

Ah Earthquakes,Tremors caused by Fracking and much more is coming out from America about the dangers.

However for now i see i forgot to put the link on about the Earthquakes in the Blackpool area.

Earthquakes induced by Hydraulic Fracturing Operations near Blackpool, UK

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/research/BlackpoolEarthquakes.html

Former Labour MP for Derbyshire shale village to work for INEOS

INEOS has commissioned the former Labour MP for North East Derbyshire, Natascha Engel, to a write a booklet on shale gas.

I suppose they say write this throw a few pounds into her hands and everyone is happy although everyone sees straight through this farce.Just as the money thrown about before by other predators in the past.

Get the community on side makes many just want to throw up as they know the game.

All been done before.

Ms Engel switched from opposition to support for shale gas despite plans by INEOS to drill in the village of Marsh Lane in her constituency.

She correctly predicted to DrillOrDrop this could be electorally damaging.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/01/former-labour-mp-for-derbyshire-shale-village-to-work-for-ineos/

Latest news on Rusty the Rig down there at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

And Connor the Crane gets in on the action.

Careful watch is kept on Rusty.This news from Katrina.

Who helps keep AJ Lucas Group Limited investors who pump money down the well informed about happenings.

I mean where else would they get info from.

Hard to say we are flooded out a times,on a floodplain,the protectors are still here,breeches left right and centre,drilled straight through the Aquifer and are one hell of a desperate outfit.

But keep throwing the money down the well,we know how to spend it.

Today, looking through the rectangle window we have noted that Rusty has been a very greedy rig,

Although he struggled at times he has managed to swallow all the pipes removed over the last two days All 168 one after the other without really pausing for breath! Greedy greedy rig..

The well depth presently remains at 1680 metres but drill pipe 169 was loaded around an hour ago and slowly it's being drilled into the well. Every inch it drills down is now an extra inch further towards Cuadrilla's goal of fracking.

However, considering Rusty's seeming inability to retain the pipes for any meaningful length of time

I suspect Connor the Shady Crane will be fishing by tea time and by breakfast tomorrow Rusty will be in the process of burping the pipes back up again...

One water tanker came in and out , an AE Yates flatbed that took away the Hera's fencing that used to surround the electric fence and most interestingly there were lots of men in inappropriate clothing entering and leaving site. At around 2pm the PLOs came to inform us no more heavy goods vehicles were due in . It's been very quiet traffic and site wise the last few days (apart from the men in suits and shoes). I can't describe it but it's almost like there's an air of expectation lingering over the pad.

Either expectation or as I am beginning to suspect,an air of desperation.

Enough for now.More soon from the Frontlines Of Fracking in Great Britain.

Thoughts associated with Earthquakes and Tremors associated with Fracking activities.Man Made.

I do not know who reads this thread but pleased that some pop in from time to time.

Most mornings i get up early maybe 4 ish roughly.It is a time of peace and quiet and you can write your thoughts down without being disturbed losing concentration.

But the other day i found myself up even earlier pacing the kitchen floor thinking about things.

And no matter how hard i thought i just could not understand how Fracking has been given the green light by those in power.

At one time i used to hold feelings and thoughts inside my head but now i just write them down to release the pressure.

And breathe a sigh of relief and say to myself,ah that is better.And perhaps wait for reaction.

So what can i write today.Draw closer make yourself a cuppa sit down for a moment and imagine how some people may be feeling.

Put yourself in their position for a moment.Imagine perhaps you are those people living near Fracking Sites.

Or towns nearby which if allowed to spread you could well be.Or anywhere in England because this could affect you.

Are you relaxed lets begin.

So you live in a town,happily getting on with your lives,struggling perhaps in these modern times but happy enough.

One night you go to sleep perhaps with the cat or dog keeping guard close by.Feeling secure.

The moon is moving slowly across the sky and the stars are shining brightly.

Everything is as it should be as it was meant to be you are in a deep sleep.

All of a sudden you feel a shaking feeling a rattling a rumbling and you wake thinking you are in the middle of a nightmare.

Phones are rattling,ornaments are jumping,your house is being shaken.

After a while this stops and you say good heavens that was a flaming Earthquake a tremor.

Some will make a cup of tea and go back to sleep and forget this episode as the mists of time roll by.

Others will ponder and wonder and look into things a little deeper.

This turns out was not a naturally occurring tremor but a man made tremor.Caused by a Fracking Company.

And not the first one but a series of about 58 or so only two felt at the surface.

What thoughts come after that.Well as i say i write things down now to release the pressure not hold it in.

So will not refrain.I have spent a lifetime in construction in this town,no big deal really small scale,brickwork mostly.

And just kept working away making enough to look after the family and enough for a treat occasionally.

So what could a tremor do i wonder.

Well shaking the bricks could cause the morter between the bricks to hairline crack allowing water to pass through.

In older properties which there are many in this town and listed buildings perhaps that use old ways of sealing around doors windows could fail or above sills.

The first thing you would notice is water stains as driving rain would find its way through.

Some may be thinking well it is not the end of the world if water finds its way through the brickwork it will just run down the cavity not find its way through to the inside walls.

Now a cavity is the air gap between the outer and inner brickwork.

But there has to be a but,many have had this filled with insulation going back decades now.

So the older insulation would become a soggy mess and you would wonder where the water marks have suddenly come from on your inner walls as time went on.

Has this happened in properties around Blackpool since this company oiled the faultline with their fluids i would say yes.

They will have damaged properties with their man made earthquakes and many will not know.

And perhaps people have paid to have their homes repaired with no idea really that this company was the reason for the the damage.Send them your bill since 2011 if you have and let them prove it was not them.

Unfortunately it works both ways you have to show it was them.But suspicious if problems arose around 2011 onwards you would think.

Enough of that it winds you up,so will move on then clear off.

So then Savid Javid overrules local democratic decisions taken that Lancashire does not want Fracking.

You are having it the powerful ones say.

As i have said before i have met many Conservatives,Labour Greens and observed them close up watched how they work.

It is not that i dislike the Conservatives but some decisions are so hard to understand.

You start thinking about Donations,Friends in high places,links to companies,do a little researching

and before long you feel like you are in some sort of nightmare as some things seem to link up and even become a little scared even.Because you are messing with the powerful ones.

I have seen it all before.

Moving on again.

Latest word coming out from The Frontlines Of Fracking and other places,look if you like i am going back in my box for a while and looking for the latest happenings.

There is talk that the Conservatives are cooling on this Fracking idea.

Cooling they should send these Frackers packing straight into the freezers of history.

As someone said It Is Never To Late To Come On Over From The Dark side admit you have made a huge mistake and beg forgiveness.

But that is my view of things. Reminder to myself find the Lions Earthquake video showing Fylde,made last year.

Bye for now Tawnyowl living in a town where a Fracking company is drilling vertically and horizontally in all directions underneath the town and pretty close to a Nuclear Facility.With all their failures so far.

What a wonderful way to start the day.

Morning,

I read every post you make, even the rambling type ones. Your insights into the fracking and the links you provide help me to see the other side of a story that I don't often read about as it generally doesn't make it into the mainstream media.

Carry on reporting. It is interesting

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your post silverfox1961 i have usually updated on happenings by now.

Just been so busy making Driftwood Trees and Magic Wands but i have finished for now.

Just recovering today then tomorrow morning i will update this thread.

I have been watching the protectors who are at the Fracking Sites 24 hours a day in this cold and what the Fracking Companies have been doing and saying.

Watching recordings of every pipe going in the ground.Even one protector called the Lion at 2 ish in the morning during a ferocious hail storm and gale force wind recording the Fracking Rig Rusty burping a few pipes out.

So takes a little putting together and catching up on the week then will be back tomorrow with the latest news as i find it.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl

Guest Post by Lee Petts: A view from the well pad.Interesting comments.

Yesterday Cuadrilla held another virtual tour of its Preston New Road shale gas site for online viewers (DrillOrDrop report). Lee Petts, environmental consultant and managing director of Remsol, recently had a real visit to the operation.

In this guest post, he gives his impressions of the site near Blackpool.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/09/guest-post-by-lee-petts-a-view-from-the-well-pad/

Gayzer Frackman - RAW NEWS...... 08-12-17

Cuadrilla live..

I think they were supposed to be talking about Drilling.

Cuadrilla web Q & A dismisses fears about sour gas at Fylde fracking site.

The fracking company, Cuadrilla, has dismissed fears that shale gas in the Fylde area of Lancashire would contain large amounts of hydrogen sulphide, a hazardous gas associated with the smell of rotten eggs.

Concerns were raised earlier this month in a report by the geologist Robin Grayson on the website Researchgate.

He said there was a culture of secrecy about hydrogen sulphide (H2S) in gas in the Fylde and there were proven examples in the shales in Lancashire.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/08/cuadrilla-web-q-a-dismisses-fears-about-sour-gas-at-fylde-fracking-site/

Derbyshire village votes ‘No’ in debate on the role of fracking in UK energy.

Fracking was rejected by the vast majority of people at a debate on its role in Britain’s energy mix.

More than 150 people attended the event in a Derbyshire village near the county’s first proposed shale gas site.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/08/derbyshire-village-votes-no-in-debate-on-the-role-of-fracking-in-uk-energy/

Council agrees £160,000 restoration fund for Kirby Misperton fracking site – “deeply worrying” say campaigners

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/08/council-agrees-160000-restoration-fund-for-kirby-misperton-fracking-site-deeply-worrying-say-campaigners/

Now what has been happening round and about on The Frontlines Of Fracking.

PNR Cuadrilla Fracking Site

Words from Gillian and video from Darren

The Gyuto monks are from the Dalai Lamas monastery in Daramsala north Indian.

They are Tibetan refugees who escaped into India. They are on a UK Tour sharing their blessings and sacred chants as part of their "open mind, loving heart" tour.

I am humbked and blessed to be assisting them and asked if they would come .They said yes.

And they came to the Cuadrilla Site.

2-George-Silver Fox filming the Monks on a freezing cold day.

https://www.facebook.com/george.brown.10485/videos/vb.100000985908110/1663114197064761/?type=2&theater

Ladies Weekly Call For Calm March.

The ladies walk the Road To Hell on a Wednesday all the way to The Gates Of Hell outside the Cuadrilla Fracking site to call for calm.

A while ago.2013

Professor Richard Davies, from the Durham Energy Institute at the Durham University and Tina Rothery, Residents' Action on Fylde Fracking (RAFF) discuss if we can extract shale from the ground without affecting the environment.

https://audioboom.com/posts/1472578-we-don-t-know-if-rocks-have frackability

Stubbornly Busy TImes...

Coming up at Preston New Road Rolling Roadside Protest (unless stated otherwise, most of these events will start at Maple Farm community hub but can be joined at the fracking site entrance(just 10 minutes up the road arounf PR4 3PE)

Elsewhere in the world.

Argentina.

BP Labelled 'Irresponsible' for Plans to Frack Patagonia.

BP has been accused of hypocrisy after new research reveals its Argentinian arm plans to drill and frack 37 wells in Patagonia’s “carbon bomb” province.

This is despite BP previously ruling out fracking in the UK because it would “attract the wrong kind of attention”.

https://www.desmog.uk/2017/12/07/bp-labelled-irresponsible-its-plans-frack-patagonia

Using 450 million years of geologic records, scientists have concluded that an increase in earthquake activity in parts of the U.S. is directly tied to hydraulic fracturing, or fracking

http://e360.yale.edu/digest/fracking-linked-to-increase-in-texas-quakes-according-to-new-study

Ineos’s Dire Global Environmental Safety Record - and now they want to become supreme frack masters in the UK, where they haven’t yet drilled a producing oil or gas well?

A new report

http://www.talkfracking.org/slider-3/ineoss-dire-global-environmental-safety-record/?utm_content=buffer

2ced0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Norway Dismantling Controversial Gas-Fired Generating Plant

Norwegians are proud of their commitment to clean power, at least internally.

Not everyone understands the country’s rather schizophrenic attitude toward fossil fuels.

It has tremendous reserves of oil and gas under its control but declines to use them internally.

Instead, it sells them to its neighbors. Norway gets nearly 95% of its domestic electricity from hydro, thanks to its abundant rivers and streams. So it was a surprise to many at the beginning of this century when the decision was made to build a natural gas generating plant near Kårstø.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/12/04/norway-dismantling-controversial-gas-fired-generating-plant/

Well perhaps enough for now,i know i have missed a lot of news perhaps.Including Barclays pop up protests happening in many places.They should think three times about what they are financing perhaps.

We know the protectors in Yorkshire and Lancashire and elsewhere are not going to give up.

So how can i finish.

The suits,the PR Companies the Articulate well dressed speakers who advise busy ministers who are so convincing that they could tell you to go to hell in such a way you would look forward to the journey.

The connections,the links like a spiders web the powerful ones have with companies connected from this Fracking business are screaming Frack On.Applying as much pressure as they can and throwing money around trying to bring communities on side.

Many communities and people and protectors who see danger and see this Fracking business for what it is.Like Dinosaurs in a desperate last chance saloon where money and profit come before people or the environment are shouting back Frack Off.

A fascinating battle the likes of which i have not seen before.

I think that will do.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Science update on climate change: from bad to worse

Scientists monitoring the Earth's climate and environment have delivered a cascade of grim news this year, adding a sense of urgency to UN talks on how best to draw down the greenhouse gases that drive global warming.

Here is a summary of recent findings:

1.1 degrees

Earth's average surface temperature last year was a record 1.1 degree Celsius (1.98 Fahrenheit) above the preindustrial era.

The planet's rising fever is caused by the accumulation of heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, especially carbon dioxide (CO2) cast off when fossil fuels are burned to produce energy

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-11-science-climate-bad-worse.html#jCp

Lancaster trio found guilty of blocking road during fracking protest

A former city Mayor, a retired health manager and a university lecturer from Lancaster have been found guilty of wilfully obstructing a highway during an anti-fracking protest.

Read more at: https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/lancaster-trio-found-guilty-of-blocking-road-during-fracking-protest-1-8911292

Fracking Companies Feature on New “Climate Disinformation Database”

Two shale gas companies and their executives are on a database launched today which aims to reveal lobbying in favour of fossil fuels and against climate change action.

The database, from the website DeSmog UK, is designed to be a live log of activities and actions by key players who are said to be “pushing climate science denial and disinformation”.

The almost 70 entries include Cuadrilla and INEOS, companies behind shale gas exploration plans in northern England and the East Midlands, along with their executives,Francis Egan and Jim Ratcliffe.

DeSmog said today:

“Despite the UK posturing as a climate change leader on the global stage, there remain many issues on which it needs to move further, faster, if the government is to meet its own high standards.

“Behind each climate policy failure is a network of politicians, corporate lobbyists and shadowy think tanks pushing to preserve the fossil-fuelled status quo.”

https://www.globalresearch.ca/fracking-companies-feature-on-new-climate-disinformation-database/5622364

Barclays Preston Today.

Pop Up Protest Barclays today,all hell seemed to have been let loose against Protectors with their Chalk Sprays.

https://www.facebook.com/kieran.dunne.77770/videos/vb.663510157/10159826164235158/?type=2&theater

Cuadrilla seeks another change in environmental rules at fracking site.

The shale gas company, Cuadrilla, has applied to dispose of water which collects on its fracking site near Blackpool into a brook instead of removing it by tanker.

The proposal, made in a 23-document application to the Environment Agency published yesterday, is another variation of the company’s permit for the Preston New Road site.

“This is an exact example of how opening the door to Cuadrilla enables a foot in the door and tiny tweaks and variations overtime considerably change the application that was first permitted.”

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/14/cuadrilla-seeks-another-change-in-environmental-rules-at-fracking-site/

Rule change approved for Cuadrilla’s shale gas site despite fears of intensified fracking.

Cuadrilla has been allowed to change controls on fracking and flaring at its shale gas site near Blackpool.

The Environment Agency announced yesterday that it had approved variations to the environmental permit on the volume of fracking fluid and the duration of flaring.

Friends of the Earth has opposed the changes for the Preston New Road site, saying they could lead to more intensive fracking and more lorry loads of potentially radioactive waste on Lancashire roads.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/12/rule-change-approved-for-cuadrillas-shale-gas-site-despite-fears-of-intensified-fracking/

Council allows night-time deliveries at Cuadrilla’s fracking site – residents say it’s a “dilution of conditions”

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/13/council-allows-night-time-deliveries-at-cuadrillas-fracking-site-residents-say-its-a-dilution-of-conditions/

What’s happening this week? 18-24 December 2017-Articles Care Of Drill Or Drop.

In this final listing before Christmas 2017:

Visit of Gyuto monks to Kirby Misperton

Solstice celebrations;

Rallies;

Carolling;

Ongoing Barclays protest.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/17/whats-happening-this-week-18-24-december-2017/

Fracking waste treatment and disposal could cost £1m a well – new research.

Researchers at Edinburgh University have warned that cost of waste treatment and a shortage of specialist facilities could limit the development of fracking in the UK.

A team from the university’s School of Geosciences estimated that treating the salinity and other chemicals in fracking wastewater at existing facilities

could cost between £100,000 and £1 million per well under current treatment regulations.

This represented between 2% and 26% of the expected total revenue from each well, they said.

Operators could face additional costs of about £163,000 per well to dispose of concentrated sludge containing naturally occurring radioactive material, known as NORM.

Water management at Cuadrilla’s Lancs fracking site a “matter of priority” – Minister

Fracking Week in Parliament

Cuadrilla has been asked to address surface water management on its site at Preston New Road, as a priority,the Environment Minister wrote last week.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/17/water-management-at-cuadrillas-lancs-fracking-site-a-matter-of-priority-minister/

Now what are people talking about on the Frontlines of Fracking in the UK.

Gayer Frackman gives views in a different way to what many people read.

And has spent many hours by himself investigating at all times of the day and night over many years.

I asked him once why by yourself so many times,time he replied i crack on and get it done.

Mentions the Environment Agency and perhaps wonders like many just how strong is the EA.

Who funds the EA.

You would think they would have representatives at Fracking Sites every day watching as there seems so much risk involved.And do daily reports.

And to reassure people locally.About water,flooding just what are the risks as Fracking comes closer.

Flaring,chemicals and the rest.Discoloration of local watercourses etc,just what is going on many must be wondering.

I mean let us not forget this Fracking Company caused Earthquakes but have been allowed to carry on.

bDYLEihTUsbgZ9cQKl2frIu-RVRFt4jHcZACKYk

A short film from June about fracking and local opposition in Preston New Road, Lancashire.

described as the 'front line' in the fight against shale gas.Interesting how much money has been made in America,check it out.

Be surprised perhaps.

At the Cuadrilla site has Silica Sand,Fracking sand started to be delivered.And surely not brought all the way from Great Yarmouth. Can the Cheshire quarries not cope.

And will the price of this sand shoot up as demand rises.Interesting i will check out where the quarries are.

And maybe chemicals,anyone know.Fracking is moving closer it seems.

Tina Rothery spots a tanker arriving.And gives you a flavour of the happenings at the Cuadrilla Site.

Touch of news from elsewhere.Lets keep the plastic industry thriving.Choking the seas,polluting.

Meet the European Petrochemical Giant Trying to Profit from the Fracking of Pennsylvania

The controversial Mariner East 2 pipeline would carry gas liquids for plastics production overseas.

It seems that every week brings more bad news about the construction of Sunoco’s Mariner East 2 pipeline. While

Pennsylvania communities, water protectors and landowners fight to stop the project, a larger question remains: What is this massive, dangerous pipeline actually for? The one word answer might surprise you: plastics.

The Mariner East 2 won’t carry “natural gas” for heating your house or operating a stove. It will transport highly volatile liquids that will mostly be shipped overseas to be turned into plastics by a giant chemical corporation with a terrible environmental record.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/20762/Ineos-petrochemical-company-fracking-mariner-2-east-pipeline-oil

Fracking Linked to Negative Health Effects in Infants, Study Says

http://time.com/5062700/fracking-health-effects/?utm_campaign=time&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=time_socialflow_twitter

It’s hard to be optimistic about climate action, not in a week when federal scientists reported that “the Arctic shows no sign of returning” to the “reliably frozen region of recent past decades.” Not in a month when California’s wildfires show every sign of burning straight through Christmas. And not in a moment when the federal government keeps scrubbing basic climate information from its websites.

But something big is starting to shift. After years of effort from activists, there are signs that the world’s financial community is finally rousing itself in the fight against global warming. A foretaste came last month when Norway’s sovereign wealth fund — the world’s biggest — said that it is considering divestment from holdings in fossil fuel companies.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/15/opinion/finance-global-warming.html?referer=https://t.co/2DKCv6tFRy?amp=1

Do you live near a Fracking Site or potential Fracking Site.

Always wondered if something went terribly wrong what is the evacuation plan in these areas,towns,villages,hamlets,schools,close to Fracking Sites.

Do you know.

More soon.

Tawnyowl.

Early this morning Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

Convoy sails in with heavy police escort.

If you are for Fracking enjoy,but for anyone else who is against if you have ever been around when a convoy arrives you know how many feel watching this.

Just looking back remembering the atmosphere before a convoy arrives.

Remembering meeting many protectors on and off throughout the year,some talked to some i just knew from videos.

The atmosphere changes.It seems like things go a little quiet even nature, people just do not know what may happen shortly.

You look around at peoples faces,perhaps not speaking but there is no need, you may want to run but you stay put,together.Proud of your position against the Frackers. History will show these Frackers for what they are and they will fade away like the Dinosaurs they are,hopefully.

Then all hell breaks loose,the police arrive,the cars,the lights,the wagons the corporate enforcers running alongside like a presidential visit,no choice really perhaps,just following orders.Roads suddenly close lines of police face you.

You film,try to walk the vehicles but soon pushed away.Some are unlucky and find themselves leaving a dent in a hedge as they find themselves heading headfirst through it.

Some feel the force of a reinforced glove with 8 ounces of steel woven in,matrix police:scared: were rumoured to wear these. Others bruised and battered,it happens fast,very fast a blur.You see people you class as friends pushed and shoved everywhere.It does not matter who you are.

Better calm down a touch,many are living in camps around the Fracking Sites even next to the road this Christmas

in damp tents perhaps cold.If you get the chance support them if you can in words or visitations or a little food,wood, good cheer.

Or maybe honk when you see them.

Links

Blackpool

https://www.facebook.com/groups/241716712947463/about/

Kirby Misperton-Yorkshire.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/573619286143264/

I personally do not go there to much or not as often as i should,maybe i have reasons but really no excuse seems any good

but Jan 5th is a big day and i will be there.

One year since the invasion began.

I will put a link in case you might want to check out things for yourself.

Some feel that Lancashire has been invaded against Democratic decisions made.

The spiders web of connections leading to London,the investments.Some will never forget what has happened and is happening.

Losing all trust in politicians and their corporate chums.And will never trust them again.

Massive changes are coming i am convinced this cannot carry on.It hopefully will start soon.

Seeing some regional councillor when a decision went against one of these Frackers,looked like he had been shot and threw a right old wobbler.

Just what is going on some may think.

And if allowed to spread gives some sleepless nights as they look at the bigger picture.

It starts with just one well.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155803002756259&id=739456258

Planners recommend Cuadrilla’s oil testing plans for Balcombe despite 2,700+ objections.

A report released this afternoon recommends approval of plans by Cuadrilla to test the flow of oil at its well in Balcombe, West Sussex.

The county council’s planning committee is due to discuss the company’s application at a meeting on 9 January. Link to agenda and reports

Council planners, in a report to the committee, said there had been 2,739 objections to the proposals, including from Balcombe,

Ardingly and Worth Parish Councils, Friends of the Earth, Sussex Wildlife Trust, Frack Free Balcombe Residents’ Association and Campaign to Protect Rural England .

The parish council submitted the result of a local ballot from 2013 in which a majority of participants wanted to object to applications like this in the village.

Opponents of the scheme raised issues including Cuadrilla’s financial condition,

its lack of community engagement and the absence of an Environmental Impact Assessment.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/21/planners-recommend-cuadrillas-oil-testing-plans-for-balcombe-despite-2700-objections/

INEOS injunction judge rules against appeal – campaigners say the fight goes on.

Two campaigners have vowed to continue their fight against the injunction granted to

INEOS Upstream over anti-fracking protests.

Mr Corre said this evening:

“In many ways it is really important now to go to the court of appeal. We have something worth fighting for.

“This is nothing to do with fracking but about standing up for our human rights against the dangerous precedent that allows corporations to buy the law.”

Mr Corre said he would also be looking at bringing a case on the legality

of fracking itself under the UK’s Climate Change Act.

Mr Boyd said:

“We have to go to the Court of Appeal. This case has huge public interest. It deserves to be heard by the Court of Appeal.

“We can’t just sit back on our laurels and allow a company to take out injunctions against persons unknown.

“We have to fight back, otherwise it will open the flood gates to other companies to do the same.”

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/21/ineos-injunction-judge-rules-against-appeal-campaigners-say-the-fight-goes-on/

As it is Christmas a few videos from the last year to bring memories back for some.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK6W0zAUjmFPfY7vvH9b0A

For those that like a good read from the day Cuadrilla Invaded Lancashire.Nearly One Year Ago.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464895-Fracking-gets-go-ahead-in-UK-for-first-time-since-2011-as-North-Yorkshire-council-approves-plans/page8

And i like this video.The Day Caroline Lucas MP and Jonathan Bartley arrive on The Road To Hell and made a fine Speech.

Thats it for now, onwards. Happy Christmas.

Back soon.

Tawnyowl

OOPS-I forgot to show the video of the convoy arriving.Excuse the swearing the lady said,no problem fully understandable.

Convoy sails in with heavy police escort.

I am gone again,apologies i have forgotten what i have written now,6 day Man Flu just recovering.

And to think i went to the vets for a Flu Jab.

Will update other threads shortly.Just one more days nursing i feel,back to bed.:lol:

Bye again.

Tawnyowl.

• 2 weeks later...
Catch up here on December's news about fracking and onshore oil and gas in the UK.

December 2017 drilling headlines

Top headlines in December:Care Of Drill Or Drop

Europa Oil & Gas seeks to extend injunction covering occupation of its Bury Hill Wood site in Surrey

UKOG reports unproductive section of Broadford Bridge well plus plans for new sites

DrillOrDrop review of 2017, the year in pictures and what to watch in 2018

Campaigners promise to fight on after judge refuses permission to appeal on INEOS injunction

Angus Energy submits new planning for Brockham site in Surrey

Planners recommend flow testing plans at Balcombe despite 2,700 objections

Horse Hill operator to seek consent for production and extra wells

Shortage of waste facilities could limit fracking industry – new research

Rule changes for fracking and overnight deliveries at Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site

INEOS seeks legal action against National Trust – the Trust denies it has acted unreasonably

Horse Hill protest camp evicted after 60 hours

Nationwide protests against Barclays Bank funding for fracking

https://drillordrop.com/2017/12/02/december-2017-drilling-headlines/

Who drilled where in 2017? Data shows another low for UK onshore oil and gas

The number of onshore oil and gas wells drilled in the UK in 2017 was another 50-year low for the industry.

According to data from the Oil & Gas Authority, 2017 saw six wells drilled at four sites, in West Sussex, Surrey and Lancashire.

But this figure included a well that was washed out and a sidetrack drilled to it.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/01/01/who-drilled-where-in-2017-data-shows-another-low-for-onshore-oil-and-gas/

Drilling diary – January 2018

40+ events in January 2018 events about fracking and onshore oil and gas in the UK including:

Events to mark anniversary of the start of work at Preston New Road;

Council meetings in Sussex, Surrey, Rotherham and Cheshire;

Decision on Egdon Resources’ Wressle oil field appeal;

High Court hearing on Europa’s injunction case;

Film screenings of The Bentley Effect;

Details about the 1 year anniversary event this Friday after the invasion by Cuadrilla in Lancashire one year ago.

An entire year sacrificed to Preston New Road Rolling Roadside Protest, time stolen from our families and lives -

how do you feel about that? The anniversary is a day to gather and make it very clear - we're not stopping, till Cuadrilla do.

Black Friday (one year at PNR). Anniversary of Cuadrilla starting work at its Preston New Road site. Preston New Road, Little Plumpton, near Blackpool PR4 3PE

Challenge Government support of fracking

Gayzer Frackman (Geza Tarjanyi)

This case seeks to hold the government to account for failing to protect its citizens from the known health impacts and untold damage fracking will cause to our environment and climate.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/demandtheban/

Last Paragraph last post i was just reminding myself about Gayzer Frackman one of the first people i met way back in 2013.

Been through a lot has Gayzer.And done a lot,hunger strikes,walks to London,meetings,investigations by himself all sorts of things.

Gayzer Frackman - #rawnews #FracKnowledgy

>> RAW NEWS

>> FACEBLOCKED

Watch the archive from a year ago today.....share,tweet and repeat.....

Ask yourselves why I and Francess leader are being targeted and others..... Livefeeding since July have no problems?https://www.facebook.com/gayzer.tarjanyi/videos/10210567821704057/

.................................................................................................

#FracKnowledgy January 2018 Comming for the bad guys to help the good guys win!

Info and to book a presentation

Educate, share, support, inspire

>> I AM BRITAIN I AM FRACK FREE

>> END IT IN 18

.........................................................................................................

My message sent to facebook......

have shared to my pages and one group I am admin on .....you continue to victimise this site and my posts with no reasonable explanation

Friday i am going to the one year anniversary event hopefully.

At the Cuadrilla Fracking Site and the nearby Maple Farm.

You never know what comes up but it looks like a good crowd should be there.

I will take a few pictures and listen to people and report back after the event within a day or so.

Bye for now more soon from a stormy Britain.

Tawnyowl

• 1 month later...

Just catching up on things that have happened in January and February,i am a little rusty to put it mildly.

DrillOrDrop’s January 2018 digest of news about fracking, shale and onshore oil and gas updated daily.

Top headlines in January and February 2018

Rotherham and Cheshire vote against INEOS and IGas shale plans

Lancashire opposes Cuadrilla’s revised traffic plans for Roseacre Wood

Government tightens financial checks on shale companies and delays Third Energy’s fracking consent

Campaigners establish camp at Misson as IGas begins site work

Balcombe oil testing plans approved and Cuadrilla sells licence operation to Angus

Egdon loses Wressle planning appeal and announces new application

Residents win judicial review over decision on Europa’s Leith Hill fencing plans without going to court

Report finds shale gas one of the least sustainable ways to produce electricity

Angus Energy predicts production at four wells by March 2018 – but council says Brockham planning application is “invalid”

Residents lose latest challenges over Preston New Road but case lodged with the Supreme Court

Campaigner seeks appeal against INEOS injunction; INEOS pursues legal action against National Trust

Drilling data: Cuadrilla spends £6.8m in the Lancashire economy; policing at Preston New Road costs £5.9m; six wells drilled

https://drillordrop.com/2018/01/02/drilling-headlines-january-2018/

February.

February 2018 drilling headlines.

Many interesting articles to read including.

Vivienne Westwood takes to catwalk near INEOS headquarters in protest over fracking injunction.

Dutch residents lose patience after years of tremors. The FT reports on calls to halt Groningen gas production as frequency and magnitude of quakes increase.

Why even a PR facelift might be too late for the frackers. David Powell, of the New Economics Foundation, writing in Business Green, says a tipping point in opposition to fracking could soon be reached.

Campaigners call on Robin Hood in fight against fracking.

Secret UK government report lowers fracking expectations.

Carillion links put fracking firm’s scheme in doubt. The Guardian picks up the connection between Third Energy and Carillion through Ken Cochrane. He is a director of a Third Energy company and formerly Carillion’s chief executive.

Third Energy’s financial resilience is currently being investigated.

Plus many more articles on the link.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/02/01/drilling-headlines-february-2018/

At PNR Cuadrilla Fracking Site in Lancashire the ladies still turn out in the freezing cold on a Wednesday for the Call For Calm event.

As a bonus and maybe raises the temperature a touch they are now trying out the One Billion Rising dance that is sweeping the globe.

One Billion Rising.

The dance moves i think are somewhere on this link for those that are feeling energetic this morning.

https://www.onebillionrising.org/about/dance/

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Meet the Yorkshire villagers fighting the frackers

It’s early February and the mood at the anti-fracking camp in the embattled village of Kirby Misperton, North Yorkshire,

is one of cautious optimism.

The camp, a collection of makeshift wooden buildings in a muddy field outside town, has been running since December 2016, but it’s only in the last five months that demonstrations against the fracking company Third Energy have flared up, leading to an extraordinary police presence around the village, more than 80 arrests and – just a couple of weeks ago – an apparent victory for the protesters.

Many of the protesters are locals from all walks of life – a university lecturer, a bishop, farmer, GPs and a lot of retired teachers – who had never imagined themselves confronting police officers,let alone lying down in front of a truck.

The collective action at Kirby Misperton appears to be yielding results. On 25 January, the energy secretary Greg Clark announced that he was withholding consent from Third Energy until it could prove it had the finances to carry out fracking properly and clean up afterwards.

The protesters claim that their delaying tactics, in tandem with a wider campaign against fracking, weakened the company’s hand. Within days, Third Energy started removing key equipment from the site.

Much more on the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/18/fracking-protest-kirby-misperton-north-yorkshire-third-energy fossil-fuels-environment

We Are Drowning in Plastic, and Fracking Companies Are Profiting.

One company behind this plastics surge is the UK-based chemical company

Ineos
. While not a household name like Shell or Exxon, Ineos is at the center of this growing plastics industry -- but the damage caused by the company extends beyond the mounds of discarded waste littering beaches and waterways. The company's 75 manufacturing facilities across 22 countries are responsible for chemical leaks, fires, explosions, and air and climate pollution.

This record includes a 2008 chemical fire in Germany and air pollution in Scotland, where the company's Grangemouth facilities were the country's single largest emitter of carbon dioxide in 2016.

And the Ineos business model also relies on polluting communities thousands of miles away in Pennsylvania and Ohio,where the fracking industry is scarring the landscape, polluting water, and threatening public health.

The company uses the liquid gas found in the shale formations there to feed its chemical plants.

To meet this demand, the company recently built a fleet of so-called "dragon ships" to carry volatile gas liquids across the Atlantic.

Now Ineos with their huge amounts of cash to splash aound are going to be perhaps a tougher nut to crack than the likes of Third Energy but i have no doubt the protectors will see them off.

England surely is no place for the Desperate filthy polluting Frackers.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/43566-we-are-drowning-in-plastic-and-fracking-companies-are-profiting

Strict controls would be "a necessity" to minimise the risk of spills and leaks from any future UK shale gas industry,

according to new research.

The research, by the ReFINE (Researching Fracking in Europe) consortium, jointly led by Durham and Newcastle universities,

estimated the potential for spills from any future UK shale gas industry by examining data related to the UK's milk and fuel transportation industries and from the oil and gas industry in parts of the USA.

Tens to hundreds of well sites might be needed in the UK, with hundreds to thousands of wells being drilled over several years to extract shale gas.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180215110414.htm

Off now,leave you with Ian Rowland Crane live at the moment.

Did the Earth move for you, Mother-Fracker?

Just after Ian Rowland Cranes feed died or finished a Aggregate truck arrived.

Hearing that this lorry is now being surfed.

Other news.

PNR Cuadrilla Site Lancashire.

Upcoming Speakers etc on Green Mondays.

Great speakers on upcoming Green Mondays at Preston New Road ...Care Of Tina Rothery the tireless Protector.

Mondays at the Preston New Road fracking site (PR4 3PE) are when green, divestment, renewable and transition groups, NGOs and campaigners fighting for greener futures without fracking - come together. This Solidarity Demo is part of a ‘Green Monday’ series of demos held at the Preston New Road site every Monday since July 2017 to protest against fracking.

Forthcoming 'Green Mondays' at PNR have the following confirmed speakers:

1. On 26 February, John Ashton, Co-Founder of Third Generation Environmentalism (E3G), will be our main speaker.

Jamie Peters, of Friends of the Earth, will be also be making a very welcome return to PNR on that day.

-------------------------------------------------------

2. On 5 March, Alasdair Roxburgh, FoE's Director of Communities and Networks

------------------------------------------------

3. On 12 March, Jonathan Bartley, Co-Leader of the Green Party

-----------------------------------------------------

4. On 19 March, George Monbiot, environmental campaigner and journalist

-----------------------------------------------------

5. On 26 March, Amelia Womack - Green Party Deputy Leader,

...In addition to these 5 dates, we are still waiting for a date for a visit by:

Dale Vince of Ecotricity

https://www.facebook.com/events/204635293612677/

Ian Rowland Crane lost his connection earlier.

So there is only one thing to do.

Did the Earth move for you, Mother-Fracker? Pt2

Including interview with the Lorry Surfer Tinker Lane.

Meanwhile up at Kirby Misperton Yorkshire.

Not sure what happened.It looks like a car clipped a protector.

Follow on.

Water quality and resources could be at risk from fracking, says the Environment Agency

The Environment Agency spelt out today what it sees as the risks to water from a shale gas industry.

In its report The State of the environment: water quality, the organisation included fracking as a potential threat.

The process was considered as a future pressure, alongside nano-particles, plastic pollution, particular chemicals of concern, population growth and climate change.

The Green Party MEP, Keith Taylor, who campaigns against fracking and onshore oil and gas developments, said:

“The Environment Agency has only confirmed what we already know; fracking is a major threat to our water supply.

The report also reveals the Government is already failing to clean up its shamefully poor record on water quality.

That 86% of water bodies fail to reach ‘good’ ecological status is a sad indictment of the Conservative Government’s dereliction of its duty to protect our environment and our health.

“To put our water further at risk with an ideologically driven crusade to fast-track fracking across England is brazen

ecological sabotage–not to mention a dangerous form of climate denial.”

https://drillordrop.com/2018/02/19/water-quality-and-resources-at-risk-from-fracking-says-the-environment-agency/

UK Shale Industry Prospects Remain 'Widely Bearish'

Prospects for the UK shale industry remain ‘widely bearish’, according to oil and gas analysts at BMI Research.

“For shale gas to be commercially produced, extensive work must be carried out to better understand the potential resource base, the social...will for which remains sour,” the analysts said in a brief research note sent to Rigzone.

“We remain highly skeptical over the longer-term viability of shale gas in the UK,” the analysts added.

BMI confirmed that 2018 is likely to mark the first time in which hydraulic fracturing will take place in the UK for

over seven years, with the last well being tested in 2011.

https://www.rigzone.com/news/uk_shale_industry_prospects_remain_widely_bearish-16-feb-2018-153551-article?utm_source=GLOBAL_ENG&utm_medium=SM_FB&utm_campaign=SHARE_DESKTOP

Why this man stood on top of a lorry for EIGHT hours

The stunt completely blocked movement in and out of the site.

Police were called to the scene of a protest at a fracking site.

The group Mission Springs Protection Camp is protesting over the fracking site in Tinker Lane in Retford and one man

has been seen standing on top of the cab of a lorry since this morning, Monday, February 19 in protest at the work going on at the site.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/man-stood-top-lorry-eight-1233590

For those that like to see a video of the Lorry Surfer who surfed yesterday at Tinker Lane stopping aggregate lorries entering site to help make the pad here you are.

Fracking row: Treasury 'showing shambolic conflict of interest'

Campaigners have accused the Treasury of allowing the appearance of a conflict of interest over its examination of

an energy company at the forefront of fracking in the UK.

Third Energy’s financial health is being looked at by a Treasury body, the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA),

whose findings will inform whether the government gives the firm a green light.

Director of Third Energy, which wants to frack in North Yorkshire, is a Conservative donor

Third Energy’s newest director, Conservative party peer and donor Jitesh Gadhia, is also a non-executive director

at another Treasury body, UK Government Investments. One of UKGI’s roles is to provide advice to the government

on dealing with financially distressed businesses.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/19/fracking-third-energy-north-yorkshire-treasury-jitesh-gadhia?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Last thing Ian Rowland Crane live from Tinker Lane Nottinghamshire

C'mon Teresa May, tell us what you really FRACKING WELL think!

Latest Video from Ian Rowland Crane Mission Springs Protection Camp Nottinghamshire.

Live moments ago.

Interesting Video.Check out how the Wild West companies trying to Frack this country operate.Should be thrown out of England.

Titled

C'mon Theresa May, Show Some Real FRACKING Leadership!

Ian Rowland Crane Video

The Staggering HUBRIS of INEOS

These powerful Frackers do not give up lightly.

The Dinosaurs have decided to keep on throwing money down the well.

INEOS wins right to challenge the Scottish Government over fracking ban – and to sue for damages

The Scottish Energy Minister, Paul Wheelhouse, told the Scottish Parliament: back in Oct 2017

“Fracking cannot and will not take place in Scotland”

Yesterday it was the one of the UK’s biggest conservation charities. Today it was a government. For the second day running, INEOS has won the right to bring a legal case to court.

Following the grant of leave to pursue the National Trust over land access for seismic testing, the company has now won the right to bring a judicial review against the Scottish Government.

INEOS, the UK’s biggest shale gas company, has joined Reach Coal Seam Gas in challenging the Scottish Government’s decision,announced last year, to not support the development of unconventional oil and gas, including fracking.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/02/23/ineos-wins-right-to-challenge-the-scottish-government-over-fracking-ban-

and-to-sue-for-damages/

A couple of days before.

INEOS wins approval for High Court challenge to National Trust over shale gas testing in historic park

The UK’s biggest shale gas company has been given leave to take action in the High Court to enforce access to the National Trust’s Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire.

INEOS Upstream wants to carry out seismic testing in the Grade I historic park as part of its exploration for shale gas in the East Midlands.

The National Trust, which has refused access, has accused INEOS of failing to follow the “proper planning process”.

It said the company had not demonstrated why the surveys were necessary.

Friends of the Earth accused INEOS of “bully-boy tactics”.

INEOS said in a statement today the Oil and Gas Authority, acting for the Government, had granted permission for the case to go to the High Court.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/02/22/ineos-wins-approval-for-high-court-challenge-to-national-trust-over-shale-gas-testing-in-historic-park/

Yorkshire landowners back National Trust in INEOS legal challenge.

15 Yorkshire landowners, holding more than 80,000 acres, have publicly supported the National Trust in the legal challenge from INEOS over access for shale gas testing.

They include Nick Howard, of Castle Howard, Sir William Worsley of Hovingham Hall, Sir Richard Storey, of Settrington House and the television presenter, Selina Scott.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/02/23/yorkshire-landowners-back-national-trust-in-ineos-legal-challenge/

Statement in response to INEOS and fracking

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/press-release/statement-in-response-to-ineos-and-fracking

Well i suppose the Ineos bosses are curled up like fat cats purring this morning.

I wonder what others are saying about this company.

Do you think they wil be let loose in Great Britain.

The Awful Environmental Record of Ineos Disqualifies Fracking Ambitions

Facilities owned by the massive chemical corporation Ineos are responsible for scores of serious health and safety violations across the globe,

The company’s 71 facilities in 18 countries are responsible for a vast array of accidents, chemical leaks, fires and explosions,

and substantial air and climate pollution.

“From towering chemical fires in Germany to toxic air pollution in Scotland and plastic pellets littering our oceans,

Ineos’s safety record is appalling,”

said Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch. “The company is also a climate disaster waiting to happen—benefiting from fracking in the U.S. while planning to bring the dangerous practice to the United Kingdom. This company’s plans have been met with a passionate, committed grassroots movement, and political leaders are beginning to understand that
the right response to fracking is to stop it before it starts.”

Ineos has never drilled a commercial gas or oil well, and its indifferent safety record in chemical plants justifies blocking its foray into fracking.

The story is similar at other Ineos facilities, which have amassed a record of fires, explosions, and chemical leaks.

The Ineos facility in Cologe, Germany was the site of a massive fire in 2008, and there have been a series of high profile accidents elsewhere—a major oil leak in Norway, a number of chemical leaks in France, long-running controversies over chemical dumping in Italy, and the release of toxic gas that resulted in the hospitalization of workers in Belgium.

Over a quarter of Ineos’s facilities are located in the United States, where the company’s awful record continues.

The report shows that between 2014 and 2017,

12 of the company’s 14 plants in one EPA database were failing to comply with a major environmental regulation for at least one three-month period.

So as many countries are telling the Frackers to Frack off Great Britain becomes the battleground,the Wild West

the Last Chance Saloon.So money is thrown around like Confetti,the Lawyers battle it out.

Enough of that the report.

The Awful Environmental Record of Ineos Disqualifies Fracking Ambitions

https://www.foodandwatereurope.org/pressreleases/the-awful-environmental-record-of-ineos-disqualifies-fracking-ambitions/

Ian Rowland Crane Video-If some things are seen twice what is meant to be is meant to be.

Fracking could see home insurance premiums rise for thousands in Yorkshire

It is one thing geting cover for a naturally occuring Earthquake but what about man made Earthquakes.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/fracking-could-see-home-insurance-premiums-rise-for-thousands-in-yorkshire-1-9033713

WHY FRACKING IS IN BIG TROUBLE

THE MORE THE INDUSTRY TRIES TO FORCE SHALE GAS ON ANGRY COMMUNITIES, THE MORE TOXIC IT BECOMES

No matter how you look at it, fracking as a large-scale endeavour for the UK seems pretty screwed.

The finances of frackers are creaking. Local councils are simply refusing to roll over in the face of the industry’s

bully-boy tactics.
Shale is getting more and more toxic, as MPs and the public turn against it.

The Government doesn’t talk about it any more, and behind the scenes has massively lowered its expectations of how much fracking it thinks we’re going to get. It’s only going to get harder and harder for national politicians to claim that it’s somehow in the national interest.

If I were a would-be fracker, I’d be playing very, very nice right now. But despite it all, they’re not…

http://neweconomics.org/2018/02/fracking-in-big-trouble/

Now let me now go to Cuadrilla site in Lancashire see if the ladies went on their Call for Calm March.

Every Wednesday come hell or high water or penetrating Frost and Easterly winds from Siberia that may arrive next week these ladies turn out.

To many videos to look through but i will find it.

What can i finish with.A video including the Quakers Silent Prayer vigil.

Swap Work For Work event yesterday at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

Bye for now,Up The Protectors may you succeed in your Quest.

Tawnyowl.

Very rarely do i get angry.

But Ineos seem Bully Boys of the highest magnitude.

Challenging the Scottish Government and the National Trust.

Who the hell do they think they are.

Maybe they should just Frack Off to put it mildly.

Lets check them out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ineos

Ah Jim Ratcliffe is the founder, Chairman and 60 percent shareholder.

born 18 October 1952) is a British chemical engineer turned financier and industrialist.

Good heavens Jim Lad you are 65 matey time to say sod it and head for the Yacht in the Cayman Islands join your mates.

Must be getting a few aches and pains by now.You are slightly older than myself,a hell of a achievement.:madgrin:

Only 60 Billion in Revenue.2017.Plenty to buy the Yacht.

Will it be Protectors or the likes of the Frackers who have the last dance on the Pad.

I know who i would put my money on.

Slowly the sleeping giants will awake and throw them out of the country.The people and protectors of Great Britain.

And maybe some MPs may not like these tactics.

All in it together thoughts.

Ah thats better.:lol:

Best to let it out,stress that is.:-(

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

The video i put on before.

https://www.facebook.com/ian.r.crane...type=2&theater

I suddenly realised i was not that sure what Hubris meant.So looked it up.

Excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

Naturally i was not sure then what Nemesis meant so looked that up as well.

Punishment or defeat that is deserved and cannot be avoided:

So is Jim Ratcliffe heading for defeat.

It surely is not the money that would effect him but being defeated in the courts would.

Interesting times ahead.

You can probably tell i have calmed down now.

Just a early morning rant earlier,i beg your forgiveness.

It will not happen again till the next time anyway.

Can you imagine the mess that will be unleashed throughout Great Britains green and pleasant land if these Frackers are allowed to continue unchallenged.

Through the country roads,villages,fields.

Enough for now perhaps.

On a freezing cold day it was exceptionally cold with a wind chill so great that breathing out froze your breath which then landed on the floor smashing to pieces then scattering in all directions the ladies once again turned out for the weekly

Call For Calm March

Here is the video-care of Tina Rothery.

28th February Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire.

No government information on shale gas employment, flow back waste or treatment methods – Minister

The government has not estimated the potential effect on employment of shale gas, according to the Energy Minister, Claire Perry.

Nor has it assessed the likely volume of flowback waste.

Sarah Wollaston MPThe lack of information came in response to a series of written parliamentary questions from the Conservative MP, Sarah Wollaston.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/03/no-government-information-on-shale-gas-employment-flow-back-waste-or-treatment-methods-minister/

Kirby Misperton anti-fracking camp to close after Third Energy withdraws equipment

Opponents of fracking at Kirby Misperton in North Yorkshire say they are to begin packing up a camp outside the village.

They declared victory over the fracking company, Third Energy, against what they said were impossible odds. And they warned:

“Any fracking company planning to exploit this land for your own profit and personal gain: Expect us.”

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/02/kirby-misperton-anti-fracking-camp-to-close-after-third-energy-withdraws-equipment/

Campaign grows against INEOS Yorkshire fracking surveys

More landowners in Yorkshire have joined a campaign opposing fracking and access to their property for seismic testing.

Last week (23 February 2018), 15 owners, holding more than 80,000 acres, wrote to The Times saying they had no wish for their land to play any part in extracting gas or oil.

They included Nick Howard, of Castle Howard, Sir William Worsley of Hovingham Hall, Sir Richard Storey, of Settrington House and the television presenter, Selina Scott.

Yesterday, they were joined by another 27 names in a letter to the Gazette and Herald, the local newspaper in the area where Third Energy wants to carry out fracking. Full letter by landowners to the Gazette and Herald-Much more on the link.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/01/campaign-grows-against-ineos-yorkshire-fracking-surveys/

Estimates of UK shale gas wells “out of date”, says minister

Question Time in Blackpool asks: ‘Who decides on fracking?’

Question Time can be viewed for 11 months on the BBC IPlayer-Link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09ts03f/question-time-2018-01032018

Who should decide on fracking came under the spotlight on BBC Question Time from Blackpool last night.

The Conservative panellist, Ken Clarke, said the Government should decide because he believed national interest

outweighed local opinion.

The former UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, while supporting fracking, said local people could be given the say

through a local referendum.

Labour’s Owen Smith, the Shadow Northern Ireland Spokesperson, said the Government had overblown the benefits of fracking and lied about giving local views priority.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/02/question-time-in-blackpool-asks-who-decides-on-fracking/

The Government has disclosed that an estimate of 155 UK shale gas wells by 2025 is now considered to be out of date and there are no new figures.

The estimate was revealed last month by Greenpeace UK’s investigative journalism unit, Unearthed, following a Freedom of Information request

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/01/estimates-of-uk-shale-gas-wells-out-of-date-says-minister/

Drill Or Drop.

Keep up with the news with DrillOrDrop’s March 2018 digest of headlines about fracking, shale and onshore oil and gas updated daily.

March 2018 drilling headlines

https://drillordrop.com/2018/03/01/march-2018-drilling-headlines/

MP embraces 'nimby' slur as he quizzes Prime Minister on fracking

NORTHWICH MP Mike Amesbury has said he will embrace being called a ‘nimby’ if it means voicing residents’ concerns on fracking.

The Weaver Vale representative was accused of ‘nimbyism’ by former environment secretary Liz Truss after asking Prime Minister Theresa May to say no to fracking.

Speaking outside the chamber, he said: “

“The government have turned their back on our farmers and on rural England and on all the others who have serious, legitimate concerns about fracking which is now banned in the Republic of Ireland, Germany, Scotland and France among others.

“My constituents have legitimate concerns and I will always stand up for them.”

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/16061946.MP_embraces__nimby__slur_as_he_quizzes_Prime_Minister_on_fracking/

More news soon.

Tawnyowl.

The thoughts of Fracking sure raises passions.I was just thinking of the people i did meet last year at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site.

And the kindness i was shown in many ways.

Tina Rothery and her sister who stood at the roadside for days,weeks,months.

Frank i will never forget him,i walked with him for a short time.

Talked to him away from his live links and is such a likeable chap.

Anyone who was there last year knows who Frank is.

The Lion who i talked to for a minute or two,one hell of a interesting guy.

Ian Crane,Gayzer, Bob Denett and hundreds more from all over the UK and further afield.

Observing mostly.

You must see the Lions Earthquake clip he made in front of a roaring fire,i cannot find it at the moment.

I was there when John was thrown and arrested outside the farm.

Filming and watching so many people including the Green Party Caroline Lucas MP and Jonathan Bartley the day they arrived on The Road To Hell.Video further up the page.

Watching people being thrown in all directions

And many other people i will never forget.I know their names but the pages would fill.

So why am i writing this instead of being outside The Gates To Hell.

Well i am not as strong as i make out.Hate admitting weakness.

The old Heart,i stand for a hour or two and am in pain,i do not like admitting it and try to hide it.I know or feel Tina Rothery understands.I do not know what else to say,i will be there again but for now i only have words.

Maybe it is the cold of winter that affects me a touch.

I wrote this some time ago.

Many people have different ways of protesting.Some write some take photos, videos, some write poems,speak well, some stand at the roadside.Others are quiet but have an inner furnace burning inside them.All ages united as one. Everyone has a part to play and each has their own way.Some may not agree with some ways but everyone is clear on one thing.They see a danger if Fracking was to start at Preston New Road close to a major tourist resort, housing estates and residential properties close by.Or anywhere in Great Britain.Never mind all the dangers that would take up pages.

Guess i am showing a weaker side but just do what you can till the Frackers are defeated is the best thing i can say.

If you are for Fracking you are going to lose a lot of money.I dare say some play the share price game and maybe make or have made a few bob.Just the way it goes till the bitter defeat arrives of that i am sure.

Fracking has no place to go but the history books to be forgotten as the mists of time goes by.

Bye for now. Protectors may you succeed in your quest and have the last dance on the Pad.

If you are for Fracking open your own Thread:lol: it would be very popular i am sure.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Ah,back to Normal Fracking Service.

Will the earth move for you?

Published February 28, 2018 | By Refracktion

We woke up this morning to earn that Mosser in Cumbria (NW of Buttermere) had been the epicentre of the UK’s latest significant earthquake (Mag 3.2) , following the one in Wales 2 weeks ago (Mag 4.6).

The location of this quake is about 60 miles from the centre of Cuadrilla’s PEDL 165.

The earth tremors allegedly caused by Cuadrilla at Preese Hall in 2011 were nowhere near as powerful as either of the two recent quakes, measuring as they did 2.3 on the Richter scale on April 1st 2011, followed by an event in May that measured 1.5 on the scale. However, the two 2011 tremor were sufficient to deform the well casing of the Preese Hall well. On that occasion the integrity of the well bore was not compromised but it clearly demonstrated the potential for a pollution event being caused by seismic activity.

Professor Mike Stephenson – Director of Science and Technology – British Geological Survey went on record as saying:

“What you have to be able to do when you decide you want to hydraulic fracture is make sure there are no faults in the area. That’s really very very important”

Is the Fylde a faulted area? It would appear that it is! Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.refracktion.com/index.php/will-the-earth-move-for-you/