Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE: the swing-blockaders came down after 11 HOURS, closing the quarry for a full day! Amazing work at the 1st #breakthechain action

As another day breaks a 8 man lock on at the Preston New Road Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire.

8 people locked onto the fences that Cuadrilla moved forward to prevent this from happening under the guise of remedial works that probably would have taken years.Probably would have planted a couple of trees in a year or so.

Also a protest elsewhere against Eddie Stobart, Warrington I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/241716712947463/permalink/271696533282814/?pnref=story

Yesterday a report on why Reclaim The Power closed off business for the day at the Quarry near Carnforth.

Showing the supply chains of the fracking industry some resistance

Also I said the protectors were locked to the fences.They are locked to each other and must not be moved till the protector removal squad arrive from Manchester.

Heard somewhere that there is a high height protector removal squad based down South somewhere.

The Lancashire protectors seem to be getting a lot of support from many places.But superb support shown from Kirby Misperton In Yorkshire.

I have noticed this over the last few months and am sure the support will be returned when they need it.

All in it together thoughts.

Something in the Water: Satirical adverts appear in bus stops around Leeds to protest fracking

Bus-stops in Leeds have been taken over by activists in a creative protest to raise awareness that thousands of gallons of fracking fluid could be headed for the city.

https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/uncategorized/something-int-water-satirical-adverts-appear-in-bus-stops-around-leeds-to-protest-fracking/

Got a little work to do, so will leave you with this if you have a little time.

Will update the days events late in the afternoon.Take care and have a good day.

Voices from the Gasfields : It started with just ONE well

This is the film the UK & Australian Governments do NOT want you to see! Documenting the accounts of families living with the Unconventional hydrocarbon (Fracking) industry as a neighbour, this hour long documentary is shocking, as it reveals the day to day pollution these people live with – pollution of water, air, light and sound, some of the the basic human requirements needed to survive. The blind eye that the authorities and the Unconventional hydrocarbon (fracking) industry turn to these families living conditions, and the complete disregard to the environmental damage done to the bush by this, is truly disgraceful.

As the early days sunshine fades and the sky clouds over as rain arrives the last protectors at the 8 hour lock on are cut free and arrested.Another day is ending at the Cuadrilla site in Lancashire.

Many more people are live streaming and the links are being watched in many places in the world.

Cuadrilla must be having nightmares as things begin to escalate against them.

What is happening at the site which has been waterlogged lately who knows, but you get the feeling things are not going that well,

All that lime being delivered by Eddie Stobarts lorries.Soil Stabilisation perhaps.

And across the world just imagine what may happen at Fracking Sites here if we get the storm from hell

as climate change brings strange weather patterns.Flooding etc.

Whatever your views on Fracking are the evidence is mounting across the world showing the effects it is having on communities.

States, Countries are banning Fracking but this country with no social licence to do so just plough on.

Or try to, leading people to think Democracy is dead.And you wonder why people are angry.

Now just because I am Anti-Fracking does not mean I do not listen to people who are for it.

Have your say, I will not shout you down for having a view.

Just put a few links down if possible.

Perhaps you think how many jobs will be created against how many jobs are being created in renewables.

Well, tell us.I will show how many jobs are being created in renewables across the world while this country just wants or seems to want to tax the hell out of the idea.

How many jobs might fracking bring to the UK?

http://www.refracktion.com/index.php/category/employment/

I am off now, getting a little roused which is happening a lot lately. Time to chill.Have your say, whatever you feel.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.:roll:

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

WINDSOR, UK — This morning a group of anti-frackers from Reclaim the Power occupied Centrica’s head office and threw a party for CEO, Iain Conn, congratulating him on his controversial £1.4 million ‘fracker’s bonus.’

The group went to celebrate with Iain Conn to highlight Centrica’s ties to the fracking industry – they are a significant stakeholder in Lancashire fracking operations. They celebrated by awarding a giant cheque, spraying champagne and throwing confetti.

One of the activists, dressed as a Cuadrilla executive, gave the following speech:

“We’re here at Centrica’s offices to say congratulations to Iain on his well-deserved £1.4 million fracker’s bonus. Without his company bankrolling fracking in Lancashire, the industry would be dead in the water.

“Fracking may be devastating to local communities and have no public backing, but kudos to Iain for sticking with it through the tough times. Going forward, we hope Centrica continues to profit from Lancashire’s sacrifices, and that you can use your millions to shield yourself from climate catastrophe.”

More on the Link.

https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/press-releases/release-activists-throw-party-at-centrica-offices-to-celebrate-ceos-frackers-bonus/

Just in case anyone is annoyed that their Energy supplier has investments in the Frackers.

One way to let them know.

How Can I Oppose Fracking?

Do you pay energy bills to any of these guys.

http://unfrack.me/

Many people are inadvertently supporting fracking by getting their energy from a supplier who supports it. Four of the Big Six energy companies are connected to fracking companies – for example, British Gas is owned by Centrica, a company who have investments in fracking1. British Gas is the biggest energy supplier in Britain – are all of its customers aware that they’re supporting fracking through their energy bills?

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-green-energy/our-green-gas/ecotricity-against-fracking/how-can-i-oppose-fracking

Switch your energy to a cleaner supplier

We’ve teamed up with Ecotricity and Good Energy to make switching the gas and electricity to your home or business quick and simple.

Each time someone switches to clean energy it’s a vote for a green future. Switching is quick and super easy and is one of the most effective actions we can all take to protect our planet. That’s why we work closely with Ecotricity and Good Energy.

https://www.foe.co.uk/page/switch-energy-cleaner-supplier

What about the Banks that support Frackers.If You Feel like it tell them to Frack Off and move your money.

Fracking bankers

Research conducted by Ethical Consumer has found that Barclays, HSBC and Lloyds all offer banking services to companies with licenses to test new potential fracking sites in the UK.

The table below lays out which bank is used by which fracking company and for what purpose.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethicalreports/ethical-finance/ethicalbanking/frackingindustry.aspx

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.Day 4 of BreakTheChain.:roll:

good info.

in one of the energy compare sites it gives a brief percentage breakdown of where their energy comes from (though not the full details).

and a couple seem to offer 'green' tariffs which wld be re say for eg from a wind farm. so they say. but who knows in the end (what wld they do if there was not enough wind for awhile to meet demand (maybe unlikely i know, given all the wind in the uk atm! :))

Hi Ford good to hear from you.Nice to have a little company.I get a little roused so trying to calm down a touch.

That is it for today, lowering blood pressure time.

Think usually we usually meet on threads talking about insects on plants or strange noises in the sky, and in the past on the Legal Loan Sharks pages.

This Fracking business winds you up.You can see what is happening.The usual ways, throw a little money about, befriend the locals, put a new roof on the village hall, sponsor a few things.

Oil the powerful ones in the government, spend on Lobby Groups, PR machines, slick speakers.

The protectors just have themselves.The Leaders of the Cuadrillas of this world run to the Government saying help there are a few protectors outside the gates help me.

Next day it is like a war is about to break out as police arrive in force.

I am surprised how many people have read this thread in the last few weeks and thought I wonder if I should quieten down a bit.I do not want to annoy any powerful ones.:madgrin:

Then you think and read what is happening around the world and realise once you are in you have no choice.You shut up for a bit then charge back in angrier than ever.

The truth has to be said, let out.You realise some of the media are biassed in their view and wrong in their reports. Easier now to prove with modern day filming.

And although I tend to tap away on the keyboard a lot, when I go down to the site or a rally it is strange.Walking about suddenly you see people that you have seen on videos who are there every day.

Look slightly different to what they look like on the telly or video.Taller, younger, older, thinner everything you can think of.You get to know their little mannerisms even.

Frank the live streamer with his Zippo firing up unless it runs out of petrol, he makes me laugh, I even use one of his sayings now, to the wife when she tells me off, "You are alarming and distressing me give me my space",ha.

The Lion when you meet him another fantastic guy a live streamer who I had a fine chat to for 5 minutes at the Rally.Really cares and knowledgeable.

A chat to Bob Dennett, very clued up. Meeting Ian Crane the guy who made the video a post or two ago in Australia.

Seeing and meeting Gayzer Frackman the chap who took the energy minister to court recently.

Tina Rothery a tigress.Saw her face up to a policeman nearly seven foot tall recently.Think she is about 4 feet ten inches.And Tina's sister tirelessly protecting at the roadside.

Logic, Ben, Ros, Danny, Ozric, Silver Fox, so many but you will never forget them for sure.

And many more from all over the country you meet in such strange places. Hoofing it away from a situation, in the middle of the road, marching, sat on a rickshaw, on a wall.On the Road To Hell, next to the Road that leads to the Well From Hell.On the gates or fence that leads to the road that leads to the well to hell.:mad2:

I will never forget them and will remember them long after this is over.And I have so many videos and pictures

Feel like you know them. A tapper on a keyboard trying to link things up, tell their story as best as you can.There are many of us I suppose.

When down at the battlefield I have found myself in some strange situations but enjoyed every minute.

Remembering now the first day going there a digger behind a fence, midwinter a truck being held up by protectors to where we are now.

Next Wednesday is the next day I am down there .Swap work for work event. No doubt it will be an eventful day. Soup and Cake and plenty of Banter.

Enough I will stop now, glad to chill a little.

I wish you all a good evening.

Tawnyowl.

Think usually we usually meet on threads talking about insects on plants or strange noises in the sky, and in the past on the Legal Loan Sharks pages.

:)

i shldn't be posting much more, hence the 'past' re some threads. but, still around for abit, and the frackers are of interest.

it was interesting to note that the uk recently took in some fracked gas from elsewhere eg was it an fragile amazon, peru? prompting the 'not in my back yard' criticism. cf. though, the likes of greenp saying not in any yard

As a new day arrives Blackbirds and Wrens singing as Dawn arrives in Warrington at Eddie Stobarts a lock on is taking place.

People are locked together by the main gates and will need the Protector removal squad to remove the locks etc.

This company is being asked to think twice about supplying a Fracking Site run by Cuadrilla in Lancashire.

Drivers cannot get to their trucks but cars are being let out.Site is closed,locked down,closed for business.

Ongoing for a couple of hours now.

Live link,how long the link will last I do not know.

Also it is Day 4 now of Reclaim The Powers actions against the Fracking companies suppliers and networks.Called Break The Chain.

What may the day bring.Updates when I hear anything throughout the day.

Hearing now that AE Yates of Bolton has a lock on taking place.Contractor to Cuadrilla Fracking site.

Just trying to find the latest news.If so double trouble today for suppliers to the Fracking sites.

As you can see from the live link in Warrington disruption is huge.Scores of drivers gone home already as the company is locked down.Some workers still arriving.

Police seem ok, just leaving them to it.

https://www.facebook.com/cherylatkinson24?pnref=story

Another read .While updates arrive on today's actions.

Balcombe update: “Lancashire comes first” for Cuadrilla.

This company are desperate.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/29/balcombe-update-lancashire-comes-first-for-cuadrilla/

As 9 am passes already today there are two lock ons. Tubed together at entrances to Stobarts in Warrington Link here-

And also AE Yates in Bolton.

I have not yet got footage of the Bolton Lock on.

Not good weather around as well, rain difficult conditions for the protectors.

Also a Pop Up Protest at Stobarts in Atherton Taking place, link below.

https://www.facebook.com/adam.whelan.188/videos/800529360099145/?pnref=story

As soon as I see coverage of the Bolton Lock on I will put it on.

So another article that may interest you.While I wait to update throughout the day.

Are we fit to frack?

Poorly regulated fracking risks harming threatened species and polluting our waterways. As a partnership of leading conservation charities we came together to understand how serious these risks are and asked the question ‘are we fit to frack?’

We found that commercial-scale fracking, which requires considerable development across the countryside, would threaten wildlife and the water environment in a range of ways and that Government policy to address these risks was not fit for purpose.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/our-work/our-positions-and-campaigns/positions/climatechange/action/ukenergy/fit-to-frack.aspx

Latest on the Lock On at AE Yates in Bolton.

Contractors to the Cuadrilla Fracking Site near Blackpool.

Check those pipes out.The police protector removal team will be busy today.

I am now up to date.Any more developments I will put them on.

Also I will update on everything later in the day.

Link to the Bolton lock on. Just checked the Weather Radar looks bad for the North West at the moment.The protectors may get soaked.

Hopefully it will clear soon.

https://www.facebook.com/fagg0tlala?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl

Just to show you are never to old to take part in a little protecting.

I have seen Anne Power many times at the Cuadrilla Fracking site.Since the freezing cold January day when Cuadrilla did their Stealth Attack turning up to try to kick start Fracking again.Nice to see this BBC video.Come on older ones you know you want to. Get out there and let your feelings out.Kick some ass.

Anne Power at the Blackpool Fracking rally a few weeks ago.

vrave0.jpg

Day 5 of Break The Chain.

The idea is to make companies think twice about supplying Fracking Sites.

I am hearing that Reclaim The Power have blockaded the gates to Cuadrilla Fracking contractor AE Yates in Bolton this morning.

2nd day if so.

Also hearing that a Pop Up Protest is happening elsewhere as well.

At a stone merchants

Lacashire business park

More news and links soon.

In the meantime a couple of things that caught my eye.

Secretive Industry Conference Seeks to Persuade People Fracking is a Good Idea

https://www.desmog.uk/2017/03/28/secretive-industry-conference-seeks-ways-persuade-people-fracking-good-idea

Also from a link by a clued up guy called Refraction.

Cuadrilla's parent AJ Lucas has had to provide this explanation to the Australian Securities Exchange:

"The Company has made announcements and disclosures in relation to internal estimates of the potential resources at the Bowland Prospect and in relation to attendant regulatory, funding and recovery risk which are reflected in the company’s share price.

The Company refers to those numerous announcements and disclosures (including those in its 21 March 2016 Retail Entitlement Offer document), and notes that it has identified general and UK regulatory risks and has disclosed that there can be no guarantee that Cuadrilla will be able to recover any hydrocarbons in the relevant concession areas, or that it will be able to do so at a cost that makes production commercially feasible."

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20170330/pdf/43h53l7fqcn79w.pdf

Plunging price of renewable energy makes end of fossil fuels inevitable, says report

'While President Donald Trump may have promised to bring back coal jobs, he will no doubt find resistance ... should his efforts come at the expense of clean energy jobs'

The transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy “now appears irreversible” as the cost of green power plunges, according to a new report.

In The Transition Takes Hold, Clean Energy Canada said some 6.7 million people were working in the sector worldwide with one out of every 50 new jobs in the US being created by the solar industry alone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/renewable-energy-transition-from-fossil-fuels-inevitable-canada-clean-energy-a7658891.html

BREAKING.

A major fracked-gas pipeline leak has shut down Route 95 and Route 195 in Providence. Access to the largest hospital in Rhode Island has been blocked and areas near downtown have been evacuated.

RELEASE: Lancs Locals Blockade Bolton Fracking Business

For Immediate Release: 31/03/2017- Reclaim The Power.

AE Yates, the main contractor responsible for building Cuadrilla Resources’ controversial fracking site in Lancashire, finds itself blockaded once again today as part of fortnight of anti-fracking actions organised by group Reclaim the Power. Protesters arrived at 5.30am and two woman from Lancashire have fixed themselves firmly in place using a reinforced arm tube at the entrance to the company’s depot in Bolton. The local campaigners are blocking all vehicle movements in and out of the depot and plan to remain there all day.

This is the ninth blockade in an unprecedented week of increasing protest against the industry[1]. National climate and social justice group Reclaim The Power[2] have joined local campaigns to prevent fracking in the North of England with a fortnight of actions called Break the Chain[3].

https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/uncategorized/release-lancs-locals-blockade-bolton-fracking-business/

Picture of the lock on at A E Yates Bolton via Reclaim The Power.Twitter.

It's Day 5 of Break The Chain and Lancs locals are blockading fracking favourites A E Yates Ltd.

Rumours of a stone company pulling out of supplying Cuadrilla but sketchy.We will see as time goes by.Make sure I suppose there will be no trickery such as supplying to one place then being shipped in

a different way.

Now these protectors have been on the ground about 4 hours now.

There will no doubt be one hell of a pipe joining them together.A job for the police protector removal team.

It is very dangerous to try to move them any other way. Danger of broken bones etc.And must not be attempted.

A great start to the fifth day of Break The Chain.

A live link from River Rain one of the protectors and a maker of fine soup.Just a short video.

https://www.facebook.com/river.rain.96/videos/197956390703194/?notif_t=live_video&notif_id=1490948616974335

sxjb53.jpg

Fracking fortnight in Parliament: 20-31 March 2017

Drill Or Drop.

In this review of what politicians said in parliament:

Graham Jones: local people know best – so why not on fracking?

Baroness Jones: arrests at the Barton Moss anti-fracking protests

Paul Wheelhouse updates the Scottish Parliament on unconventional oil and gas

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/31/fracking-fortnight-in-parliament-20-31-march-2017/

Sunday Morning thoughts.Or ramblings think what you like.Been called a few things, tree hugger and all the rest.

By a few.

Snigger, shout at you as you stand at the roadside driving by in their protective armour with 4 wheels.

Does not bother me in the slightest.

What started this different post off was I read what others are saying, posting about Fracking when I noticed pictures start appearing with pictures of nature by many people involved in fighting the Frackers.

Just started appearing, frogs, streams, landscapes, animals large and small. As spring arrived.Totally random.

Probably as everything has a beginning and an end I will not be around to see the destruction, damage Fracking will cause here in Great Britain

It will be our Children and Grandchildren who will look back and ask why we let this happen.If we do.

Feel guilty not being at the roadside more but there are reasons why I cannot go as often.

So tap away on my keyboard instead.

But really miss going down there after meeting so many wonderful people that care about the Environment.

That's it you see, we saw the sub-primers, the conmen come to our land and destroy the economy. Rip the people off.

Now there is nothing left to take they are going to try to crack on with the Earth beneath our feet.

Our beautiful countryside, streams, ocean, rivers, nature. Our air and water.

Carrying their poisons throughout the land.

I was born in a time the 50s when times were different.

The technology computers, games etc were not around so kids got out there more.

Some of todays technological developments are brilliant.We are moving into the 4th industrial revolution fast across the world when Automation and Artificial Intelligence are going to lead to a time when many of us find our jobs vanish and we will have much more time on our hands.To do what we want with, volunteer, caring, art, clearing beaches, ditches the countryside that is strewn with debris, plastics and the rest. Too many things to imagine.

But would be nice to give the future generations something good, not just a toxic mess.

Probably leading to a Basic Income for all.

By the time President Trump ends his term as President millions of jobs may be vanishing robots doing the work instead.

as Tens of thousands are already being affected across Asia and the world.

For those that may want to know what the hell I am on about, a small read for a Sunday that explains.

Basic Income Guarantee-Do You Like The Idea

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461005-Basic-Income-Guarantee-Do-You-Like-The-Idea-Any-Views-Have-Your-Say.

Well, yesterday went for a walk.

Shortly after starting I saw a hole in a hedgerow walking through it I was transported into how nature works.A very narrow small wooded area, a few small Oak Trees, Hawthorn, Firs and other shrubs, small bushes with Spring Blossom everywhere.Floating through the air on a gentle breeze.

Suddenly a Grey Heron took off straight in front of me, I had not realised there was a small pond there.

Going closer the water was foaming, my eyes are not what the used to be so focussed harder.Tens of thousands of Tadpoles the water was full of life.

Ah well, better shorten this, I know I go on.But it is Sunday.

These politicians and their connections to the Energy companies.The donations they receive, the lobby groups, PR Machines

Politicians are supposed to represent the people.

Democratic decisions made by councils and the people who took the time to air their views.Over 90% said no thanks,

no Fracking here.

But the Government said Frack away boys, sod what the people say.Can you get that in your nuts, what does that feel like.Makes me think The Revolution Is Coming :-(

I have seen the Government have to change when people put enough pressure on before when donations etc had been made.

These donations went back years.

But as well as the people it took a few MPS, Unions to get involved as well. Really fight.

I feel this is of more concern because they are going to damage our environment make no mistake, they will.

And depending on how they do this it will be the Taxpayers who pay for the cleanup if it is possible to do.

Stop it before it kicks off big time and the protectors are too spread out to be everywhere.It is your country, not the politicians.Tell them to Frack Off.

Enough for now.And as usual my opinion I understand others think differently.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

Protests over the weekend outside Barclays Bank Bristol and a Conference in London.

Press Release by Reclaim The Power.

https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/press-releases/release-anti-fracking-activists-bare-the-naked-truth-at-uk-investor-show/

This story could build.

Frackers ‘might only be able to access a quarter’of Britain’s largest shale gas reserve

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/environment/frackers-might-able-access-quarter-britains-largest-shale-gas-reserve/

Petition.

Overturn the Government's decision to allow fracking in Lancashire.

Theresa May promised to give back control to local councils. However even though Lancashire County Council refused permission for fracking in their county, the Government overruled it. This is against the will of the people of Lancashire and the council they elected.

Therefore it must be overturned.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/168675

DRILL OR DROP?

INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM ON FRACKING, ONSHORE OIL AND GAS AND THE REACTIONS TO IT

What’s happening this week? 3-9 April 2017

In this week’s listings: 19 meetings, protests, exhibitions and presentations.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/04/02/whats-happening-this-week-3-9-april-2017/

Just hearing that a Pop Up Protest is happening again at Eddie Stobarts Warrington.

Much more news as the week goes on.

Looks like it will be an interesting day Wednesday outside the cuadrilla Fracking Site in Lancashire as a Swap Work for Work Work event is scheduled.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1774615409519153/

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

This morning's Protests. Slow walking trucks.

Eddie Stobart Group getting the slow walk treatment for daring to claim sustainable distribution after delivering to Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire.

https://www.facebook.com/100009661833714/videos/454396634892394/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Outside Cuadrilla Fracking Site Blackpool major disruption to the Fracking site as a protector climbs on a truck right outside the entrance.

Lomas Distribution Truck

Link. The week begins.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209203004137766&id=1400659370

Sorry about the link not working on the post above.It did but then stopped.

Anyway a link from a chap called Danny Live.

Will update more tomorrow morning.Or earlier if anything else happens.

Now there is a guy down there live streaming called the Lion.He is very clued up and cares deeply.

I have been slightly worried about him recently.Perhaps he burnt himself out over the last few months but now seems to have recovered.

Many people are against Fracking and the communities are beginning to realise what having Europes biggest Gasfield means on their doorstep.

And not that keen on Democratic decisions being overruled by the Government.Who want to Frack the country away.

I am not going to lecture, if you have time look on the links he has on his feed.

He has been livestreaming over two hours now.The lorry protest is just finishing at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site in Lancashire.

The protector will now be arrested.

And one more article as well.

First the live stream so you can see what is happening.

And the article.

Fracking In The UK: Opposed Nationwide, Overruled By Westminster -

Cuadrilla was initially refused permission to frack at this site by Lancashire County Council, a decision that was overruled by Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government Sajid Javid in October. Now, despite the wishes of the council, Westminster has decided that there should be fracking in Lancashire.

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/fracking-in-the-uk-opposed-nationwide-overruled-by-westminster/

Back tomorrow morning.

Tawnyowl.