Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

Lunchtime update.
    Well the lock ons continue.
    These are serious actions.
    One of the protectors on top of the van has his head now in a D lock as the police erect scaffolding around the van.
    Tina Rothery explains.
    https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseu...video_explicit

The Guardian.
    Fracking protesters blockade site where UK work due to restart
    Activists park at Preston New Road site near Blackpool hope to stop Cuadrilla operation
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e_iOSApp_Other

Some protectors maybe locked on inside the van itself.
    Half a mile aWay the other lock on continues outside the farmers who lead his land to Cuadrilla.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate Tawnyowl Novitiate

Default Re: Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

Update Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire
    The lock ons continue.
    One of the protectors on top of the van has his head now in a D lock as the police erect scaffolding around the van.
    https://www.facebook.com/justin.vanp...video_explicit

The Guardian
    Fracking protesters blockade site where UK work due to restart
    Activists park at Preston New Road site near Blackpool hope to stop Cuadrilla operation
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e_iOSApp_Other
    There could also be protectors locked on inside the van.
    Meanwhile half a mile away the other lock on continues outside the farmers who leased his land to Cuadrilla.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Last post till much later.My facebook and Twitter account were playing a few tricks on me.And i seem to be posting things twice.
    So a last video from Tina Rothery which explains things clearly.What a day.
    https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseu...1041505925258/

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2008

I still cant help but wonder what a simple bow with a few arrows with small petrol bombs on could do to the site...

Or a drone that "accidentally" flew in and blocked the drill head

Or failing that simply a can of expanding foam down the pipe that pumps the water underground

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi Labrat.
    A couple of times in this thread various ways have been suggested to rid the country of the Frackers.
    But your suggestions are the best yet.
    At times like these when no matter what people do,protests,court cases,and when Democratic decisions are overruled i would think there has to be a lighter look at things every now and again.It is only natural and can be a stress buster in these difficult times.

The warnings are out there for all to see,the chemicals,the effects on people who live close by,the explosions,the Earthquakes.Countries are saying no Fracking here but this Government insists it must happen.What makes this Government plough right through what anyone says or does.
    Is Lancashire and the North Of England some grotesque experiment,a sacrifice zone.
    The connections,the money the friends in high places to some perhaps suggest other reasons why this Fracking has to happen.

We know for fracking to succeed in anyway,short time, long term it has to spread fast.Hundreds,thousands of wells.
    Hundreds of millions have been spent and others wait licking their lips at the prospect of churning up England's land.
    Do they care about the rural communities,the schools,the roads,nature,water,ponds, ditches,rivers,oceans,cli mate change not one bit.Short term gain then others will clean up the mess as the predators head for the hills.
    Things happen,disasters even,people shout then the memory of events that happen slowly get forgotten.
    Ineos are the ones i would watch carefully.

But over the years in a couple of battles i have been in when the Government despite what they were doing or letting,allowing to happen to people across great Britain by various means what beat them down in the end was people power.
    That and a few MPS not giving up despite themselves coming under attack.But they would not give up in what they believed to be right for the people in their areas and throughout Great Britain.And finally the war was won.
    And donations what i call money for influence played a big role why they the predators trying to feast on people and communities in Great Britain got away with it for so long.

The Australians have a way to put things across.Many are thinking similar things here.
    A lighter look for a moment.Check the video out on this article.
    But beware, it does include language.
    “Honest Government Ad” Hilariously Skewers Gas Fracking
    http://www.bandt.com.au/advertising/...s-gas-fracking

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders
    Urgent Warning on Climate Change
    We have 12 years left to stop the worst consequences of climate change. This is a crisis that cannot be ignored any longer.
    https://www.facebook.com/senatorsand...zNjcwMjg2MDI3/

Fracking in Lancashire, collapsing investment in solar, wind and insulation, slashing support for EVs...how #GreenGB became a Great Green Washout
    Rebecca Long Bailey MP
    https://www.facebook.com/Rebecca4sal...ntions&__xts__

Ah well my thoughts are now returning to the Protectors at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site in Lancashire who no matter what will not give up the fight in what they believe in.People from across the world are watching what is happening in Lancashire.
    And it does not reflect well on the Government at all.
    I have met so many of these special people called Protectors not protestors on my travels and watched,observed at they are thrown around,not listened to,thrown in jail,bruised.And sometimes even have disagreements amongst themselves.Alarmed and Distressed at times
    But all want rid of the Frackers,a ferocious spirit to protect others.

I wrote a story once a true story to a newspaper.
    The reply i got surprised me.
    With a imagination like yours you should write a book and by the way your punctuation is not that good as well.
    Well it is time to listen to the protectors.
    Listen to their concerns over chemicals,evacuation procedures,climate change,pollution.Worried about their children,grandchildren,fu ture generations who may look back one day and say WHY.
    There is something of the night about why this Government is forcing things through this way.Using the police as a private army costing tens of millions itself.
    which brings me to my last thought before checking on the Cuadrilla Site and what is happening down here this morning.
    I hear a lot and read a lot.

To a policeman down there at the Cuadrilla Site.
    "What would you do if there was a emergency here".
    "Follow you" came the reply,makes you think doesn't it.

Page 8 from when the Frackers invaded lancashire.

Back soon.
    Tawnyowl.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Now on the previous page i wrote a little about the
    Preston Three
    Also about the Judge who threw them in jail.
    The judges ancestors going back to the 1600s when King James was on the throne.
    I would as said before not like to appear before this judge,would you.

But check out this guys message to the Preston Three.
    At the time he was 15 feet 5 metres or more up in the air on top of a tower lying facing the sky on a narrow plank.
    His head was in a D lock evading capture by the police where he was protesting outside the Cuadrilla Fracking site.
    https://www.facebook.com/ReclaimTheP...6334329884837/

Darren Dennett livestream shows the chap who was on the tower finally coming down.Interesting well filmed spread over a hour or so.
    https://www.facebook.com/darren.denn...type=2&theater

Vivienne Westwood and Joe Corré are at the site Today around lunchtime and rumour is Dame Vivienne Westwood will be dancing outside The Gates To Hell.I will livestream of course if available.
    Vivienne Westwood will dance in protest of fracking today
    FASHIONNEWS
    The British designer is set to dance to Abba’s Dancing Queen, as part of her ongoing fight against Conservative Party-sanctioned fracking in Lancashire
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...eresa-may-tory

Details
    Dame Vivienne Westwood & Joe Corré Visit Preston New Road
    https://www.facebook.com/events/7052...tive_tab=about

Back later.
    Tawnyowl.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I see the link on the lighter look at things by the Australians did not work.
    Nothing worse than a link that dos not work.
    So lets try again.As i say contains a little language but lets face it nowadays this is everyday language heard everywhere.
    “Honest Government Ad” Hilariously Skewers Gas Fracking
    http://www.bandt.com.au/advertising/...s-gas-fracking

See you later with some livestreams and news.
    Tawnyowl take care out there.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Direct Action.
    Now Direct action is a interesting subject.
    Not everyone agrees with direct Action what it achieves.
    But look back in your lives and think about it for a minute or two.

I went to a car showroom and bought a car.Not knowing much about cars,trusting the salesman.
    I said i have children is it safe,it has to be.Yes he replied so i bought it.
    Went home that night gave the kids a ride in it feeling pretty proud.And the money was hard worked for.
    But the following morning oil was all over the floor.The car was not safe at all,many defects.

So i phoned up and basically was fobbed off.
    Now this is when those Words you asked the salesman ring in your head.
    You are angry,feel betrayed sitting there as sad as can be.Thinking about your kids you have taken out in that car.
    So what do you do.do you slowly let the rip off be forgotten in the mists of time or act.
    No i will not,waiting till the weekend when the forecourt was as busy as could be i drove in and blocked the salesroom.
    And set aboUt with words the salespeople.Customers vanished and shortly afterwards the mission was achieved.

Another time when bullied a little when younger by usually more than one person i took up Martial Arts.
    7 days a week i trained such was the anger inside me.
    And sure enough years later no other word for it a hardened member of a gang attacked.
    And because of the training the ease of beating off the attack cannot be put into words easily.
    But felt sorry for him strangely as he lay in the gutter.
    So that is direct action,whether you agree with it or not.It will happen.
    Direct action happens in many different ways.

So i said a while ago i had met in the middle of the road outside the Cuadrilla Fracking a chap called Bob Dennett.
    He will not remember meeting me,not many do.But he will know if ever reading this that we talked about his ear and a certain cream.And i watched a video he had made on You Tube about Fracking.Made at one of the protector camps maybe a year or so ago.
    I like observing,writing taking a few pictures the thoughts of myself taking any sort of Direct action are long gone.
    Now Bob is a quietly spoken man but so knowledgeable about Fracking.
    He recently went to the High Court in London for a emergency injunction to stop Fracking.The decision which i think is being appealed.
    Why do people like Bob who are so knowledgeable and know of the possible dangers keep getting swept aside.It does not make sense.Over and over it happens.
    And whoever is in power whether Labour or the Conservatives does not bother me,when something is not right it is not right and usually pretty clear to see.
    You would think Knowledge and observations across the world would see Fracking off from these shores.
    But it does not.Well clearly the fight goes on.

Pretty deep thoughts i suppose but best to write them down no matter what anyone thinks of them or yourself.
    The Direct Action yesterday has made headlines,newspapers and spread a hell of a lot of awareness across many countries.
    Got to go now my computer is being moved into another room,another business idea is beginning to happen.
    And i am being pressured into shifting fast.
    To flaming old for this or are you ever to old.
    Bye for now Tawnyowl.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Live from the Cuadrilla Fracking Site LancaShire at the moment.Pretty busy.
    Tina Rothery
    https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseu...mfO7chdoF6CqK4

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Get your masks on-Cuadrilla Fracking Site-Gold Standards
    https://www.facebook.com/eddiethornt...type=2&theater

just waiting for Dame Vivienne Westwood & Joe Corré Visit to Preston New Road and will find a livestream as soon as they arrive.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Ladies and Gentlemen live from the Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire
    Dame Vivienne Westwood & Joe Corré with a visit you will not forget.
    https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseu...video_explicit

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2008

Just out of curiosity do you have a link to the planning documents

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi labrat.
    Thanks for showing interest.
    I write most of my posts early in the morning and am tiring a little now but let me try to help you.
    Much more to say and am still hopping mad about the way local people have been treated.

Companies Trying to gain especabilty by throwing a few pounds around sponsoring etc
    All been done before.

Ah i had better calm down let me look at your question again.See what i can find.
    And do not think i m blowing a fuse,just the way i write.Actually i am just having a few quality street,celebrating one hell of a sale.
    For myself that is.A few pounds is happy days for myself.
    I had a Four Foot Driftwood Sailfish and it sold.
    How many of you know that the wonderful protector Ann Power,80 odd. At Preston New Road Her father used to make items out of Driftwood.
    There you go i ask,listen and learn.

Question.
    Just out of curiosity do you have a link to the planning documents
    Cuadrilla.
    Preston New Road
    https://cuadrillaresources.com/site/preston-new-road/

Much more on the link.
    Planning Applications Submitted to Lancashire County Council 2

Be for now.Hope it i what you were looking for,always interesting to root around.And if not i will try again tomorrow.
    Bye for today.
    Tawnyowl.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Good morning everyone on this fine Autumn Day.
    I keep coming across articles here and there abot the Shale indutry being a Ponzi Scheme.
    So i thought i wold look into it.Try to understand what Ponzi means.

Ponzi scheme
    A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud which lures investors and pays profits to older investors by using funds obtained from newer investors. Investors may be led to believe that the profits are coming from product sales, or other means, and remain unaware that other investors are the source of profits.
    THE SHALE OIL PONZI SCHEME EXPLAINED: How Lousy Shale Economics Will Pull Down The U.S. Economy
    https://srsroccoreport.com/the-shale...e-u-s-economy/

Perhaps a touch difficult to grasp.
    I am getting the feeling that oil prices have to be kept pretty high for Shale to have any chance at all.USA shale seems to be losing Billions.
    Well how do you keep oil prices high,mmm i am not going there.
    But when i listen to President Trump denying Climate Change and saying all the scientists producing warnings about Climate Change have a political agenda.
    and ditches the Paris Climate agreement.Perhaps you can understand why,Protecting a loss making filthy industry.
    And you see investors moving billions out of Fossil Fuels,the warning signs are there.
    If the above losses are true the USA could find itself in deep water sooner or later when the crash comes for shale just as with the sub prime chaos that swept the world.
    WSJ *still* refuses to acknowledge U.S. Shale Oil industry's horrible economics and debts
    You have to ask yourself why,are they the ones advising people and institutions to invest.
    Anyway the article
    Sometimes I just want to dump a bucket of cold water on the rhetorical head of Wall Street Journal writers who obstinately refuse to report on the fact that overall, the U.S. Shale Oil industry has so far been a money losing scheme
    https://community.oilprice.com/topic...ics-and-debts/

Also that production in these shale wells falls pretty fast.
    So has to expand fast.
    So watch out Roseacre Wood and other aea of England the pressure will grow massively.
    So stop the expansion in England and Shale is finished.Not that it seems to have much chance judging by the losses that are made.
    Apart perhaps for those that want to produce millions of tons of rubbish such as Plastic like ineos
    And the fierce resistance by communities.
    You have to ask yourself why the shareholders in AJ Lucas Limited and Centrica parent company of British Gas keep pouring money down the well.
    Unfrack yourself if you feel like it.Send them a sharp message they will understand.
    http://unfrack.me/

Just took this interesting link of one of the protectors who is named the Lion who looks at things very deeply.
    Tomorrows air forecast trajectories - run on NOAA's Global Forecasting System models, using the ensemble option. The explanation of this is at the bottom. This is the likely air dispersal for anything coming off the well site. The red ring is located at the ten mile radius. There is a correlation between proximity to Fracking wells and birth defects due to benzine contamination, within 10 miles according to US studies.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Well hat can i say i am just trying to get to the truth and will keep digging.
    I believe the government have not looked into the effects of Fracking on communities,healthwise and many other ways.
    We are at risk.
    The Dash for Gas has blinkered them.
    Which if true is wrong.
    Just trying to get to the truth that is all.

Next post will mention places to donateicon to help court cases appealing against the high Court dcision,and of cose gives me a opportunity to mention this site
    the CAGicon that has helped tens of thousands of people and lets me write a little which i appreciate.

Another deep post for early in the morning.phew.
    Lets finish with a song.

The Cuadrilla Song,seems to tell the Tale from when they invaded Lancashire.Manchester Climate Change.
    https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseu...type=2&theater

Bye for now when recovered another post will materialise.
    Bye for now.
    Tawnyowl.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details