Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Enjoying reading your posts.Now Danny a livestreamer down there at Preston New Road,Cuadrillas Fracking Site puts live links out so people can see for themselves what is happening not as a paper or tv station reports things.

Already The Telegraph, and Police have had to retract stories.

I have not written about the Rally last week because since then I have been sickened with the violence against peaceful protectors acting within the law.Two protectors hospitalised, older people, two local councillors flattened.

Just putting one link out as you are talking about Earthquakes, Oklahoma talking a little about earthquakes or the possibilities.

In Great Britain.I do not know when I will be able to write a full post with videos of things I have mentioned.Really down at the moment.

Will try soon. Anyway the link from Danny. Please keep posting.

Re-Energised, ready for battle again.

I do not do down for long.

Any questions about what is happening on the front line of Fracking in Great Britain , please ask, I will find links,videos.

Pop up Protests happening in many areas as suppliers are asked not to supply the Fracking Site.

Protectors saying their rights to protest are being ignored.

Aj Lucas Group Ltd Shares dropping through the floor.And really the protectors are just warming up. Imagine this across the UK.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/AJL.AX?p=AJL.AX#eyJtdWx0aUNvbG9yTGluZSI6ZmFsc2UsImJvbGxpbmdlclVwcGVyQ29sb3IiOiIjZTIwMDgxIiwiYm9sbGluZ2VyTG93ZXJDb2xvciI6IiM5NTUyZmYiLCJtZmlMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjNDVlM2ZmIiwibWFjZERpdmVyZ2VuY2VDb2xvciI6IiNmZjdiMTIiLCJtYWNkTWFjZENvbG9yIjoiIzc4N2Q4MiIsIm1hY2RTaWduYWxDb2xvciI6IiMwMDAwMDAiLCJyc2lMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjZmZiNzAwIiwic3RvY2hLTGluZUNvbG9yIjoiI2ZmYjcwMCIsInN0b2NoRExpbmVDb2xvciI6IiM0NWUzZmYiLCJyYW5nZSI6IjFkIn0%3D

Good livestreams to watch during the day,but they do get lively.

Keep your eye on Wednesday as a few more people decide to protest.

1 -

2- https://www.facebook.com/frank.roberts.71404?pnref=story

Plenty of videos here as well.

https://www.facebook.com/PNRvideo/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Got to go a lot of work to do as spring arrives.

I will be there at the protest on Wednesday, observing, writing, taking photos that is all.:wink:

Details.

Swap Work for work.Wed 8th March

https://www.facebook.com/events/375214122864037/?notif_t=event_aggregate&notif_id=1488796516878832

Bye for now Tawnyowl.

https://www.facebook.com/events/375214122864037/?notif_t=event_aggregate&notif_id=1488796516878832

Seems Cuadrilla are after Tina Rothery again.

Not heard the latest, i believe Tina was going to court this morning.

Will update when I find out more.

Sounds like Cuadrilla are once again hunting.Panicking when they resort to things like this.Opposition is growing every day.

Cuadrilla asks court to outlaw access at Lancashire fracking site.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/03/cuadrilla-asks-court-to-outlaw-access-at-lancashire-fracking-site/

More arrests today.Protectors saying not allowed peaceful protest.Which is their right to do.

And the magistrate tomorrow will hopefully agree.Once more.

The guy who made this Ben is also the chap who a truck tried to take out a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/L1VE.N.LET.DIE?pnref=story

Latest on Cuadrilla Case today in court.

A High Court judge has granted an injunction outlawing public access to Cuadrilla’s shale gas site at Preston New Road, near Blackpool.

But his honour Philip Raynor QC refused the company’s application to exclude from the injunction a protest area on land about 175m from the site entrance.

He said the area, measuring 25m by 25m, was too small to be reasonable and could be a source of “increased anger” if protest was limited to it.

Judge grants injunction for Cuadrilla’s fracking site – but rejects protest area proposal

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/06/judge-grants-injunction-for-cuadrillas-fracking-site-but-rejects-protest-area-proposal/

Mr Dobson said at just after 2pm an estimated 23-30 men with their faces covered with balaclavas and masks approached “the gates at speed”. He said “they pushed, lifted and kicked the temporary fencing.” Security staff prevented access.

Protesters then “tore down numerous Heras fence panels” in another area, Mr Dobson said. There were multiple attempts to access the site, several security staff were verbally abused, kicked and spat at. Smoke bombs were used, he said.

Well as some may know I was at the front of that protest when all this supposedly kicked off.Filming.

Pensioners, Youngsters, all ages. Yes this tempory fencing was rattled, shaken at times.Some of it was lifted.

A good wind would blow it over.

Some call it the cage.

But as I understand things soon there will be a twelve-foot fence with razor wire, you would need an angle grinder to find your way through that.It just so happens:madgrin:

The security were chilled out not panicking at all.They know deep down no anger is meant for them just Cuadrilla.

Although they do get teased a little at times.Words that is all.

If I was their boss I would be emptying Cuadrillas pocket as fast as I can.

Besides behind that fence it was as boggy as hell.

Smoke bombs went off just behind me, pink. Quite colourful. Like New Year.

In fact most did not go off but covered people in the pink powder.

We shouted and sang, a dog decided to take its owner for a walk through a big hole in the hedge and a few people followed.

There is nothing to wreck it is just a boggy area at the moment.A few fences.

Seen more action at a sale day.There was a black car when I got there just behind the fence with a security guard chilling. Legs crossed. If the protectors had really meant harm the car would have been damaged.It was as pristine as when the protectors got there as when we left.

Within ten seconds or so I turned round and a water blessing ceremony was taking place.Which I enjoyed very much.

I have pictures from others but by this time two batteries had been worn out so could not film it.

Cuadrilla are a desperate outfit as they see thing build against Fracking across the country.

Their share price is diving as investors look around the world and see the alternatives building.

They break regulations when they feel like it.Do you trust them. They mess up everytime. And this is Europes biggest gas field if it goes ahead, god help us.

They have put their eggs in one basket and they are going to be smashed.The investors will lose, the powerful ones with interests in this country and their chums are going to lose millions.

My view, I understand that, but the more you research you realise this cannot be allowed to happen in this country.

I hope

good one :)

The only thing this company have is a few bob, dwindling each day and legal Barristers, which the protectors cannot afford to challenge.

Once again I say what have the protectors got to gain, they see what the earth has to lose, and is losing.

It is not the economy this time the sharks are after it is the Environment.

We must not let it happen.

I shall calm down now and leave you with this.There are videos of these incidents as well.

“Police trying to provoke protesters at Lancashire fracking site”, say injured councillors

Two councillors who were pushed to the ground during policing of protests outside Cuadrilla’s Lancashire fracking site last week have accused offices of trying to provoke the demonstrators.

Miranda Cox, a member of Kirkham Town Council, and Roger Lloyd, an independent on Fylde Borough Council, both reported increasingly heavy-handed policing at the weekday protests outside the site at Preston New Road near Blackpool.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/06/police-trying-to-provoke-protesters-at-lancashire-fracking-site-say-injured-councillors/

I have to clear my head of one last thought, I want to sleep tonight.

Walking the shoreline nearly every day, I have respect for the police.I have seen how brave they are.They risk their lives, have given their lives to try to save others.They step in front of dangers we would not.

This is or seems to be so different.

For weeks I have wondered why. On some of their faces, you can tell they know.

These orders I believe have come from high to act this way.From the powerful ones all the way down to the guys on the Frontline. Shame, such a shame.

It does not make sense. I do not know what else to say.

Apart from perhaps.

Do not have nightmares, please sleep well.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Well i went to the protest outside the Cuadrilla Fracking Site on the 9/3/2017.

An event called swap work for work where people gave up their day job to tell Cuadrilla We Said No.

Before I even got there had been two arrests before 9 as i was watching the live streams in the last post.

Nearly choked on my toast while watching at home.Probably things are already happening today as every action has a reaction.

However, someone posted that they would be taking some cake down which I cannot resist. so without further ado off I set.

Arrived about ten, just in time to see someone pushed onto the floor which I filmed.

This made me wonder what the day would bring.Probably about thirty or so people there on both sides of the road but knew more would come.Which they did.

Soon a party atmosphere developed.Placards, Banners unfurled, music arrived, drums symbols, music system, mike so you could hear what was happening.I was hoping for a Bagpiper to arrive but oh well you cannot have everything.Maybe one day, it would not surprise me.

The police tactics changes as a couple of hundred protectors arrived and for most of the day they stayed in their vehicles as did Cuadrilla who were kept in their cage for the day. No deliveries in or out.

All ages of people there, even dogs wearing their anti fracking coats

A local businessman, a chap who has a big nursery close by selling trees etc was arrested away from the site outside the Farmers who had leased his land to Cuadrilla later in the evening released.

Happened to be there at the time, went on a walk and was resting on the farmers gatepost along with a lady who had done the water blessing at the site a week ago.Chatting about Driftwood and the wands I make at times.

Tiring all this walking and sure am not as young as I used to be and feeling it.

Just about 6 people there, a big police presence

Appears the farmer has a plant hire business as well and a wagon started coming down the driveway so he decided to have his peaceful protest.But the police pushed him hard two or three times, all on film and he was arrested.

At the same time the wagon kept driving at one of the live streamers.He managed to escape.Also on film.

Finally, later in the day when numbers had dwindled to about twenty or so the police arrived in massive force in one of the strangest methods of policing I have ever seen.

Just making a youtube video and pictures that explains what happened during the day. I probably have 30 odd videos so takes a little time.

Had some Vegan soup also very nice.

Whatever you think of Fracking for or against the stories have to be told.

This is the Frontline Of Fracking in the UK.If people do not stand against this it will spread like cancer throughout the UK.

Of course people get roused, swear, smile, laugh shout, sing, cry feel scared at times.Nothing is hidden.

They also read, research gain knowledge and see the dangers.

Talked to some very knowledgeable people yesterday, one who I put his video on a page or so ago.I had wondered on the video why the volume seemed low at times.It was because he had not been well, illnesses including skin cancer.But is improving.

More detailed report with pictures and videos explaining thing in more depth, so much work to catch up on.

If you look on the live streams you will see what happened yesterday.In all its glory, warts and all.

Just reporting I survived the day, enjoyed it although a little worrying at times.

Will return with pictures and video and a larger post.

Bye for now Tawnyowl.

Nice to see Tina Rothery start livestreaming.And a gentler approach for those that like less testosterone.Having said that whatever the female equivalent is she is 100% charged when it is needed.

And today is Tina's Birthday.

Just for those who would like another livestream.

Lock on continues.

York MP backs direct action on fracking

YORK CENTRAL MP Rachael Maskell has backed the right of protestors to take “direct action” over plans to frack in North Yorkshire. Ms Maskell was speaking after visiting the protest camp at Kirby Misperton, in Ryedale, at the site where Third Energy plans to use the controversial mining method.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/york-mp-backs-direct-action-on-fracking-1-8424261

Thanks for your posts.Just a quick update.

This week in Manchester The Government is being taken to court.

Activists will challenge permission granted to Cuadrilla for test fracking sites near Blackpool as pressure mounts over the cost of policing the protests

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/12/anti-fracking-protesters-take-government-to-court-in-lancashire

A lot going on at the site.Today because the police will not facilitate slow walks protectors took another course of action.

Trucks were climbed on to show their frustration.One at first then two, lasting all day.

A three car pile up at the traffic island across from the site.

I believe everyone is ok but time tells.

One protector knocked out as he was grabbed while trying to join another protector on the truck then arrested.

A few hours later as police had surrounded the truck a man miraculously avoided the police to debate with the protector on top of the truck.Turned out he was ill and had had a few drinks someone said and shortly afterwards came down.

Found myself the other day in a situation outside the farmers who has leased his land to Cuadrilla.

I cannot describe how you feel at such a time.But I managed to escape arrest which a local businessman did not.

I am of an age where I feel strongly about Fracking so will keep on protecting as best I can. As do a lot of elder ones.

Which has surprised me but pleased me as well.

The police are heavy handed and you have to feel they have orders from high to see this through no matter what.

More people are beginning to realise what this will look like and support is growing.

Believe me you do not want this coming to an area near you.

Aj Lucas shares down 33 and a third this month despite some trying to prop them up.As soon as they do the next day down they go again.

Pop up protests beginning to build at suppliers to the site.Asking them not to deliver to Fracking sites.

One in Yorkshire himself refused to deliver to a site.He was delivering drills.Or something connected.

He said his sheet did not show what his destination was only when he got there to ring a number.

When he saw a few protectors he rang the number and asked is this a Fracking Site.He was told no.He rumbled them and refused and drove away.

The wheel wash at the Cuadrilla Site is two jetwashes not a professional truck wheel wash but better than the bucket they were using.And comes in handy for workers and security to clean their boots.

But leave the debris on the ground so the trucks just drive straight over it again messing up the road.

What a shower this company is.

And scores of trucks have been to this site and not had wheels cleaned before leaving.

Can you imagine what will happen if this company is allowed to carry on.The short cuts.

Ah well enough for now, much more to say but my head is just to full of things I have seen and heard and learnt.

I do not want this coming to an area near you anytime soon.It will disrupt your town, village hamlet in a way you will not believe.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Livestreamers are still active,links a few posts ago.

I am still putting a video or two together but have slowed a little .

Anti-fracking campaigners gather at court for challenge against government on shale gas consent.

Opponents of Cuadrilla’s fracking plans near Blackpool have gathered outside the High Court in Manchester for a challenge against the Communities’ Secretary, Sajid Javid.

In October 2016, Mr Javid granted planning permission to Cuadrilla to drill, frack and test up to four shale gas wells at its site at Preston New Road, Little Plumpton.

He followed the recommendation of a planning inspector after a 19-day planning inquiry. But his decision overrturned the refusal of consent by Lancashire County Council in June 2015.

The campaigner, Gayzer Frackman, and local residents, the Preston New Road Action Group are bringing separate statutory challenges against Mr Javid.

They will argue during a hearing, expected to last three days, that Mr Javid’s decision was unlawful and should be quashed.

DrillOrDrop will be reporting throughout the hearing, which begins at 9.30am.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/15/anti-fracking-campaigners-gather-at-court-for-challenge-against-government-on-shale-gas-consent/

Fracking site approval by government based on legal errors, court hears

Residents opposed to the drilling sites in Lancashire say the communities secretary Sajid Javid’s decision was unlawful

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/15/fracking-site-lancashire-approval-by-government-based-on-legal-errors-court-hears

Day 2 will be the government defence case and 'interested parties'.:mad2:

Day 2

Minister defends consent for Cuadrilla’s fracking site on second day of legal challenge

Lawyers for the Communities’ Secretary have been defending his decision to grant planning permission for Cuadrilla’s fracking plans near Blackpool.

In October 2016, Sajid Javid approved the company’s scheme to drill, frack and test up to four wells at Preston New Road, Little Plumpton.

A residents group and a local campaigner went to the High Court in Manchester this week to challenge the decision, arguing that was unlawful and should be quashed.

Preston New Road Action Group (PNRAG) said Mr Javid had misunderstood or misapplied local and national planning policy in approving the fracking scheme.

The judge, Sir Ian Dove, said he would produce his judgement as soon as possible but was unable to give an estimate of when that would be. He told the legal teams, which comprised eight barristers, as well as solicitors and advisers:

“You have all raised a great deal of interesting food for thought. I need to give my time to do justice to them.”

He added:

“I will knuckle down now. You can go away having finished your hard work. Mine now starts.”

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/16/minister-defends-consent-for-cuadrillas-fracking-site-on-second-day-of-legal-challenge/

a little reminder from another thread

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/integration/energy/unconventional_en.htm

Shame we are leaving the EU and that these regs, like a lot of workers rights, will undoubtedly be 'forgotten' to be included UK law when the Tories do their 'great repeal'

... BUT they are of course still currently valid

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/sep/10/uk-backs-bid-by-fossil-fuel-firms-to-kill-new-eu-fracking-controls-letters-reveal

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Chartered Insurance Institute warns on growing fracking risks

The CII's claims faculty new generation group stated that while the existing products provide adequate cover for households and small businesses, and no insurer specifically excludes fracking, there are no insurance policies that specifically cover it.

The key perils associated with fracking include earthquakes, explosions and fire, pollution, injury and death. The report said: "While cover for these risks are included in most insurance policies, fracking will pose additional complications around liability. Widespread fracking may also lead to increased claims frequency near fracking sites and then insurers may have to consider how they underwrite this emerging higher-risk group."

More on the link.All these dangers and the Government overrule Democratic decisions and want to frack the whole country that is so small.We live so close to each other, to the rivers, streams, ditches,, wildlife. I fear for us all if this carries on.We will see.

http://www.intelligentinsurer.com/news/chartered-insurance-institute-warns-on-growing-fracking-risks-11405

Worth a read, particularly between the lines

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-shale-insight-idUKKBN16V0IL

Note especially how many wells are being 'abandoned' particularly given the UK governments complete resistance to adding safeguards to UK drills.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Just a quick update .

The Fracking site here near Blackpool has resembled a swamp lately with all the rain recently.

However with good weather forecast for a week or so Cuadrilla will be expecting to crack on.

But so will the protectors who have just opened their second water camp.

The main live streamers Danny the Lion and Frank a Salford lad have been busy live streaming and also filmed a kitchen being made out of

old Pallets.And second-hand roofing materials, all the protectors getting stuck in.

This could be a long fight unless the court case goes in favour of the protectors.Lasting months, years even.

The other day at AE Yates of Bolton suppliers to the Frackers a peaceful pop-up protest took place.Things got a little heated.

So the next day a lock on took place, kind of saying get nasty and things escalate.

As this company probably is thinking of how many sites will be needed they carry on. Perhaps they should rethink, they do not seem short of work.

The protectors just see the danger to the Air and Water not short term profit.

Would you believe we let companies get away with causing Earthquakes, pollution, danger to us here in Great Britain.

And just do a little research, see how big this could be on this small Island.

Expecting over the next couple of weeks to see protests step up as Reclaim The Power step into the fray.

The road outside the site is being lowered to 30 from 50 and 20 very close to the site.

Trucks still leaving a mess, stones, mud as they leave site on the road.

No professional truck wheel wash installed.

Police still acting as Cuadrillas private army. A few arrests including a lady on a bike.

Not very popular at times as they change each time a lorry enters or leaves to one of forceful control.Out they run from their vans, ten twenty thirty at a time to facilitate this company.

Cost over a million now and bound to increase.

More people turning up each week, things building.

Back to live streaming thoughts. It is good to do because you keep your back covered.Especially if in close contact with police or workers

The evidence is there for all to see, not as certain biassed newspapers or TV Station might report things.

Expecting live streaming to build massively across the UK. And day courses, are being held here and there.For those that want to learn a little.

Much happening across Great Britain, but this is the one to fight and let the Frackers know they are not going to have an easy passage.

This battle will be fought on many fronts.

As I say just a quick update.Next week the fuse may be lit and I will be busy with live links from many places.

I believe on Monday a member of the Happy Mondays group Bez is popping down to the protector camps then the Fracking Site to offer a little support.

Tina Rothery has been in London this week and expect Tina will be back down there live streaming.I will put links on next week.

A few weeks to look forward to, perhaps not if you are a Fracker or supporter of Fracking.

As we have just mentioned music .i will leave you with some.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you for a second time, first one a few pages back.One Man And His Beard.

2h6tyx1.jpg

One man and his Beard Presents - Let US Be Frack - Free

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Worth a read, particularly between the lines

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-shale-insight-idUKKBN16V0IL

Note especially how many wells are being 'abandoned' particularly given the UK governments complete resistance to adding safeguards to UK drills.

Thanks for the post tobyjugg2,i missed it, I was writing as you posted.Just spotted it now.

Yes Oil price so important.You take so much information in you forget to put them down.

Yesterday I was looking at the price of Frac Sand rising.And how much is used per frack.Mines being opened and the dangers that brings.More expense for the Frackers, transportation etc.Silica I believe, kiln dried perhaps, similar or the same as you put between block paving, jointing but not 100% sure.

Price build as demand grows.

Worth a touch of research I feel.

http://geology.com/articles/frac-sand/

Councils perhaps scared of challenging the government due to the expense incurred.

Well make is so tough through regulating the Frackers it is impossible for them.

Lancashire County Council should be jumping down their throats at each regulation breach, are they I wonder.

Just a few thoughts that I will come back to.

Believe Spain did a similar thing and the Frackers have Fracked off.That statement needs checking as well.You read so much it is easy to make mistakes.

Anyway nice to hear from you tobyjugg2,always interesting thoughts and posts.

And a lot of lines to read between.Interesting article.

Lancashire County Council should be jumping down their throats at each regulation breach,

To darned right they should be tawnyowl

and challenged as to why if they don't.

The Tory Legacy

Anti-frackers swing into action at Lancashire quarry.

Anti-fracking activists from Bristol swung into action in Lancashire this morning with a blockade at Preston New Road fracking site suppliers Aggregate Industries.

The blockade is the launch action of Break the Chain, a fortnight of interventions called by national social and climate justice group Reclaim the Power

Press release this morning and picture.

https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/press-releases/release-anti-frackers-swing-into-action-at-lancashire-quarry/

npjhx1.jpg

Latest picture from Reclaim The Power at the Quarry near Carnforth.Such a great picture I thought it best to share.

Latest is.: Police removal team on site to try and shift our friends on swings - still going strong!

This operation has trucks queuing and has shut the operation down.

No aggregates going anywhere.The idea is to make suppliers to Fracking sites think twice about what they are doing.

2m5ed8x.jpg

I will update later in the day from the PNR Cuadrilla Fracking Site as a little work to do in the garden.Crops, plants to prepare and sell as the warmth of spring arrives.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Just popped in for a break.Working on my Strawberry plantation, ha.

Danny the Lion live streaming as Bez arrives from Happy Mondays. at PNR Cuadrilla Fracking Site.-Gets a little heated as a truck leaves.

Tina Rothery Live Streaming.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk?hc_ref=SEARCH

I think the Quarry protest at Carnforth supplying the Cuadrilla Site is still ongoing. Will check.

What’s happening this week? 27 March-2 April 2017-Drill Or Drop.

https://drillordrop.com/2017/03/27/whats-happening-this-week-27-march-2-april-2017/