Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of curiosity do you have a link to the planning documents

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi labrat.

Thanks for showing interest.

I write most of my posts early in the morning and am tiring a little now but let me try to help you.

Much more to say and am still hopping mad about the way local people have been treated.

Companies Trying to gain especabilty by throwing a few pounds around sponsoring etc

All been done before.

Ah i had better calm down let me look at your question again.See what i can find.

And do not think i m blowing a fuse,just the way i write.Actually i am just having a few quality street,celebrating one hell of a sale.

For myself that is.A few pounds is happy days for myself.

I had a Four Foot Driftwood Sailfish and it sold.

How many of you know that the wonderful protector Ann Power,80 odd. At Preston New Road Her father used to make items out of Driftwood.

There you go i ask,listen and learn.

Question.

Just out of curiosity do you have a link to the planning documents

Cuadrilla.

Preston New Road

https://cuadrillaresources.com/site/preston-new-road/

Much more on the link.

Planning Applications Submitted to Lancashire County Council 2

Be for now.Hope it i what you were looking for,always interesting to root around.And if not i will try again tomorrow.

Bye for today.

Tawnyowl.

Good morning everyone on this fine Autumn Day.

I keep coming across articles here and there abot the Shale indutry being a Ponzi Scheme.

So i thought i wold look into it.Try to understand what Ponzi means.

Ponzi scheme

A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud which lures investors and pays profits to older investors by using funds obtained from newer investors. Investors may be led to believe that the profits are coming from product sales, or other means, and remain unaware that other investors are the source of profits.

THE SHALE OIL PONZI SCHEME EXPLAINED: How Lousy Shale Economics Will Pull Down The U.S. Economy

https://srsroccoreport.com/the-shale-oil-ponzi-scheme-explained-how-lousy-shale-economics-will-pull-down-the-u-s-economy/

Perhaps a touch difficult to grasp.

I am getting the feeling that oil prices have to be kept pretty high for Shale to have any chance at all.USA shale seems to be losing Billions.

Well how do you keep oil prices high,mmm i am not going there.

But when i listen to President Trump denying Climate Change and saying all the scientists producing warnings about Climate Change have a political agenda.

and ditches the Paris Climate agreement.Perhaps you can understand why,Protecting a loss making filthy industry.

And you see investors moving billions out of Fossil Fuels,the warning signs are there.

If the above losses are true the USA could find itself in deep water sooner or later when the crash comes for shale just as with the sub prime chaos that swept the world.

WSJ *still* refuses to acknowledge U.S. Shale Oil industry's horrible economics and debts

You have to ask yourself why,are they the ones advising people and institutions to invest.

Anyway the article

Sometimes I just want to dump a bucket of cold water on the rhetorical head of Wall Street Journal writers who obstinately refuse to report on the fact that overall, the U.S. Shale Oil industry has so far been a money losing scheme

https://community.oilprice.com/topic/3194-wsj-still-refuses-to-acknowledge-us-shale-oil-industrys-horrible-economics-and-debts/

Also that production in these shale wells falls pretty fast.

So has to expand fast.

So watch out Roseacre Wood and other aea of England the pressure will grow massively.

So stop the expansion in England and Shale is finished.Not that it seems to have much chance judging by the losses that are made.

Apart perhaps for those that want to produce millions of tons of rubbish such as Plastic like ineos

And the fierce resistance by communities.

You have to ask yourself why the shareholders in AJ Lucas Limited and Centrica parent company of British Gas keep pouring money down the well.

Unfrack yourself if you feel like it.Send them a sharp message they will understand.

http://unfrack.me/

Just took this interesting link of one of the protectors who is named the Lion who looks at things very deeply.

Tomorrows air forecast trajectories - run on NOAA's Global Forecasting System models, using the ensemble option. The explanation of this is at the bottom. This is the likely air dispersal for anything coming off the well site. The red ring is located at the ten mile radius. There is a correlation between proximity to Fracking wells and birth defects due to benzine contamination, within 10 miles according to US studies.

Well hat can i say i am just trying to get to the truth and will keep digging.

I believe the government have not looked into the effects of Fracking on communities,healthwise and many other ways.

We are at risk.

The Dash for Gas has blinkered them.

Which if true is wrong.

Just trying to get to the truth that is all.

Next post will mention places to donate to help court cases appealing against the high Court dcision,and of cose gives me a opportunity to mention this site

the CAG that has helped tens of thousands of people and lets me write a little which i appreciate.

Another deep post for early in the morning.phew.

Lets finish with a song.

The Cuadrilla Song,seems to tell the Tale from when they invaded Lancashire.Manchester Climate Change.

Bye for now when recovered another post will materialise.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Ouch just looked down the documents

Didn't realise they were hooked into the household potable water mains

This is a water company that put hosepipe bans in and asked to draw emergency water from the lake district

Yet fracking is drawing 764,000 litres a day out of it - based of average supply that's 2189 houses worth a day

Shame the connection to the mains is inside the court order zone...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I saw that the three had been released. They should never have been jailed in the first place.

It is my opinion that the judge in that case should have recused himself as he had an interest in the industry that may have skewed his view. An investigation should be performed and the judge reprimanded if it shows that he was biased.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Freed campaigners call for mass demonstration outside fracking site.

Three campaigners freed today by the Court of Appeal have called on people to join a mass demonstration outside the UK’s first shale gas fracking site for seven years.

Richard Roberts, Simon Roscoe Blevins and Rich Loizou were released from Preston Prison this afternoon after three appeal court judges described their jail sentences as “manifestly excessive”.

They had been sentenced to 15-16 months after being found guilty of public nuisance. They had taken part in a lorry surf protest outside Cuadrilla’s shale gas site near Blackpool that lasted a total of 99 hours.

Speaking outside the prison this afternoon, Rich Loizou said:

Much more on the link.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/17/freed-campaigners-call-for-mass-demonstration-outside-fracking-site/?fbclid=IwAR3--kHc3u7cegNSJi5FEBpwHLHZuGj3OYwehAnF_nJTzV3RgMCdVU_i_xg

Minister questioned over shale gas threat to climate

The energy minister, Claire Perry, has described shale gas as “entirely consistent” with UK measures to a low-carbon future.

181015-claire-perry.jpg

Claire Perry. Photo: Parliament TV

She was responding to a challenge from Labour that shale gas would displace “genuinely low-carbon energy”.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/15/minister-questioned-over-shale-gas-threat-to-climate/

As the fracking protesters show, a people’s rebellion is the only way to fight climate breakdown

George Monbiot

Our politicians, under the influence of big business, have failed us. As they take the planet to the brink, it’s time for disruptive, nonviolent disobedience

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/18/governments-no-longer-trusted-climate-change-citizens-revolt?fbclid=IwAR11WLA52P6kwaaDl2se0wCm753-BFqnnqMsE-kCbLNMJTVd8OxWEq8mpF4

I am going to the rally on Saturday to take a few photos,meet a few people and support the protectors.

I will report back here probably Sunday.And thanks for the posts.Someone said once "What is it like talking to a empty room does it echo in there".

Nice to know people pop in every now and again

As for the Judge i am still having nightmares about him.One of which i wrote about on the last page.

Dreaming you have been hung drawn and quartered is no fun.

Details here.

National Climate Crisis Rally - Stop Fracking Now!

https://www.facebook.com/events/290251588248035/

Bye for now,work to do.Making Driftwood Christmas Trees,what else would i possibly be doing this fine day.

Tawnyowl.

I saw that the three had been released. They should never have been jailed in the first place.

It is my opinion that the judge in that case should have recused himself as he had an interest in the industry that may have skewed his view. An investigation should be performed and the judge reprimanded if it shows that he was biased.

Absolutely to both your points. We need to be careful that our right to peaceful protest isn't quietly binned. How else are we going to let politicians know what we think?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well i feel the rally tomorrow will be very interesting as the latest happenings at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site will anger a good few people. :mad2:

Amber tremor recorded near Cuadrilla’s fracking site.

The British Geological Survey recorded a small earth tremor today near Cuadrilla’s fracking site on the edge of Blackpool. This follows three micro-seismic events yesterday.

The seismic activity, the first recorded in the area since fracking began on Monday (15 October 2018), was too small to be felt at the surface.

But today’s event had a magnitude of 0.3ML, which puts it in the amber level of the regulations on induced seismicity during fracking. This requires operators to “proceed at caution”. Under the rules, known as the traffic light system, fracking must stop immediately (red level) if seismic events reach 0.5ML.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/19/three-tiny-tremors-recorded-near-cuadrillas-fracking-site/?fbclid=IwAR2cvg25C7I0dbsWfgrI5TPwzXNtAch7XYX0QV3yQbJ5sqX9DURJw8x0gxE

There are other rumours around that i will not print as not sure of anything.

But way back in this when Cuadrilla were asked what happen to the liquid that is left down there said,we do not know.

Flowback,we know only so much comes back up.Nice to know the experts do not know what happens to all the chemicals and all the rest that are left down there for all time.

Unless,leave that to your imagination.

Can you believe that Fracking will be allowed to spread across England as it has to to have any chance

I do not i believe communities will rise and throw the Frackers out of England.

We will see.

Rally tomorrow,have a nice weekend.

Tawnyowl.

I haven't looked at this evidence properly but think it important to post these so others can.

The seismic info is openly available from

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/helicorder/heli.html

Here is an example from one of the Blackpool area monitors

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/helicorder/heli_dir_shz/KESW_SHZ_GB_00.2018102000.gif

The blackpool areas seem to be the monitors beginning with aq

More than happy for someone to correct/enhance the info in this post

KESW_SHZ_GB_00.2018102000.gif

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Hi old Tawnyowl here back from the Rally.And thanks for the interesting posts.

i will write a lot more about Earthquakes,Water,Norm,Flowback and appeals for Court Cases as soon as time allows.

Back to yesterday and if you feel so inclined tell people what is going on in Blackpool,it could be heading your way soon.:sad:

Back to yesterday.

People arrived in Buses-Coaches-Cars-Trains-Bicycles-and on Foot to attend this Rally..A Great day..A spirit is building unlike anything i have seen before.Communities are joining together to say no.Time to listen to them.

Conversations as you went through the crowd filming and watching the birdman from Mission Springs with his huge owl talking Cumbrian to a policeman was the funniest thing ever.That and meeting a huge Rabbit who does not like his burow being shaken by Earthquakes.And of course observing the Preston 3 released form their chains. Followed by cups of tea and interesting conversation with Elmo,such a nice protector and a Nana protector..And of course meeting Ann Power at the back of the march who told me,no problem walking this ar,i am used to it.80 odd,raring to go waving her walking stick in the air.Unbelievable warrior.All captured on the videos..My best most interesting Rally yet..

Videos and a few photos.

https://www.facebook.com/damon.lynch.127/media_set?set=a.478343859339020&type=3

it as one of those days when you could not cover everything that happened others fortunately did

Earlier speeches before the March.

Speeches at the Rally from RT start roughly 1-24-20 in.Outside the Gates To Hell.

Earthquakes around the British Isles in the last 50 days Not nice at all to see Blackpool heading the list

5 now.No matter what magnitude we know who is to blame.And one underneath a holiday park.

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_uk_events.html?fbclid=IwAR3s5RvSMfCoAzdd8BJ1V4mLGDf7DbNDIRvC2mOz5jt4wWs7ZIgq1ovbU18

Phew,onwards,dogs to walk around the park now.Then back to making the Driftwood Christmas Trees,time is tightening for sure.

Back to my normal life,for now that is.

Take care out there in webland.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl

That's very interesting about the rally spirit, possibly the same as the Remain rally in London with 700,000 people.

This was in the Guardian yesterday about earthquakes, it seems scary to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/20/minor-earthquakes-detected-near-cuadrilla-fracking-site-in-lancashire

Angry Lancashire resident confronts Claire Perry MP energy minister.

What is the Medact report he is talking about.

Shale Gas Production in England – an updated public health assessment

https://www.medact.org/2016/resources/reports/shale-gas-production-in-england/

What government told the shale gas industry about success, regulation, jobs and support

Several shale gas wells in production would be seen as success by the government, according to recently released notes of a round-table meeting between the energy minister and the industry.

Once the first well was in production, the notes said, the government believed “we will be in a better position”.

And according to the notes, ministers intended to streamline regulation for shale gas and create a “UK model” for shale extraction that can be exported around the world.

The meeting, called by Claire Perry, was at lunchtime on 21 May 2018. Later that day, the minister gave evidence to a committee of MPs on proposed changes to the planning rules for shale gas developments. Four days earlier, these changes had been announced in Written Ministerial Statements. They proposed treating non-fracking shale gas proposals as permitted development, avoiding the need for planning applications, and classifying major shale gas production schemes as nationally-significant infrastructure projects (NSIP), to be decided by a Secretary of State.

Much more on the link from Drill or Drop.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/22/what-government-told-the-shale-gas-industry-about-success-regulation-jobs-and-support/?fbclid=IwAR3AtwL8T2Oaztw584odZry2KrzoMi8VBQ8ikYvoy7lM-4GAc_q0JOcezU8

Jeremy Corbyn-Today.

A Labour government will ban fracking immediately.

So hard to keep up with things across the country.But two videos.Contains language at times which happens when people feel threatened.

People are stressed and distressed.WHO WANTS TO WAKE UP IN A earthquake risk zone,would you.

Losing sleep and wondering what if.

Unfortunately a protector has been inured and taken to hospital today.

1-

2-

People are watching this from across the world.Reflects well on the Government.

Gone Tawnyowl.

Song that tells a story.Manchester Climate Change.Tells the story of when Cuadrilla invaded Lancashire.

Definately gone.

Good evening,another day down there On The Road To Hell for many,maybe coming your way soon,we will see.

Tawnyowl

Judicial office launches investigation into complaint over fracking judge with alleged oil and gas ties

By Chloe Farand, DeSmog UK

An investigation has been launched into allegations that the judge who handed three fracking protesters “manifestly excessive” jail sentences has family ties to the oil and gas industry.

Judge Robert Altham sentenced Simon Blevins, Richard Roberts and Richard Loizou to up to 16 months in prison after they were convicted by a jury of causing a public nuisance offence. The protesters had their jail sentences quashed in an appeal case last week.

Under the Judicial Code of Conduct, judges are expected to disclose personal relationships, social contacts and activities that could cause a bias or a conflict of interest and which put their impartiality into question.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/22/guest-post-judicial-office-launches-investigation-into-complaint-over-fracking-judge-with-alleged-oil-and-gas-ties/

From the Drill or Drop Report earlier

Success

The previous release of the meeting notes redacted, in the public interest, this section of notes from Claire Perry’s presentation:

“Hoping that we can be successful and create a ‘UK model’ for Shale extraction which can be exported around the world”.

It also redacted the following question and answer:

Question: “What does the Minister see as ‘success’?

Answer: “Several wells in production; adequate support from government, industry and regulators resulting in confirmation that the system is working; working in partnership to make the case for Shale Gas and have line of sight to commerciality”.

What really are the they dreaming about.

I was told i am a bit of a dreamer but they make my dreams pale into significance.

Like they are all on a hallergunic drug.Hyper Dreaming of something that will not happen.

Dinosaurs of yesteryear.

Trillions are being moved away from Fossil Fuels by wise ones now.

It will not be long before the poor investors in A J Lucas and the rest catch on.I feel a little sorry for them being asked for tens of millions to pour down the Well To Hell.As do Centrica and the rest.But that is i suppose the money you pay British Gas.

And then the dream will be over for shale in the UK.

As said though keep one eye on Ineos,they will not give up lightly.

Plastic producers bar none,failure will cost them so much.They no doubt will fight to the finish.

Just as the investment in the Yacht by Ineos what was it,80 million or so sailing on a sea of plastic and pollution.

I must admit when they go for respectability in the public's eye they do it big time.

So what is their dream that will not happen.But is being worked on furiously throughout parts of Europe.Cracker Plants and the rest,gambling.

Wondering what drugs they must be on.The dream will turn into a nightmare for them.That is money,something they understand but unfortunately some seem to have plenty of.

So i am trying to look at the bigger picture.

As the Frackers try to get moving by any means possible what is their end game,their goal for England.

The pressure is on,we know for some it is not just about the gas.

Reading this article perhaps may make some think what is really going down.Once it starts who will be able to keep up regulation etc,it would be massive.

And for the Frackers it has to happen soon.

As Industry Pushes Billion-Dollar Fracked Petrochemical Projects, State Regulators Struggle To Keep Up

Fueled by fracking in the region, petrochemical and plastics projects in the Ohio River Valley are attracting tens of billions of dollars in investment,

but as plans for this build-out hit the drawing boards, signs already are emerging that state regulators are unprepared for this next wave of industrialization.

“We could really be in trouble,” Dr. Sandra Steingrabber, ecologist and anti-fracking organizer, told DeSmog.

“It’s not about energy independence, it’s about making more junk that nobody needs.”

And the implications of their inexperience could mean major threats to the region's health and environment.

https://www.desmogblog.com/2018/07/0...mical-projects

This is what living in Fracking Zone feels like.And could as i say head your way soon.

The council said no,just as yours may.But you ill be overruled and it hurts.

Democracy smashed to pieces and that will cause trouble.

Sleep interruptions,i started writing this at 3-30am.

And i will not be the only on across the world worrying at this moment.

Stressed,distressed knowing the harm that may be caused to people and the environment.The Oceans,Rivers,Streams,Ponds.

The tremors,Earthquakes,invisible pollution that will damage the health of generations to come,Waiting.

People are moving their children from a local school such is their concern.

Research and observations from across the world prove my points.

Check yourself.

I only have words,imagine what it is like for those at the roadside in a small hut and on the protector camps tonight in tents keeping watch as they do.At the Cuadrilla Fracking Site right now.

Gone,coffee time,blowing hard outside,North Westerly,cold direction,winter will arrive shortly.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Nothing beats writing something then realising the link did not work,i do it all the time.But usually come back and correct things.

Lets try again.

So i am trying to look at the bigger picture.

As the Frackers try to get moving by any means possible what is their end game,their goal for England.

The pressure is on,we know for some it is not just about the gas.

Reading this article perhaps may make some think what is really going down.Once it starts who will be able to keep up regulation etc,it would be massive.

And for the Frackers it has to happen soon.

As Industry Pushes Billion-Dollar Fracked Petrochemical Projects, State Regulators Struggle To Keep Up

Fueled by fracking in the region, petrochemical and plastics projects in the Ohio River Valley are attracting tens of billions of dollars in investment,

but as plans for this build-out hit the drawing boards, signs already are emerging that state regulators are unprepared for this next wave of industrialization.

“We could really be in trouble,” Dr. Sandra Steingrabber, ecologist and anti-fracking organizer, told DeSmog.

“It’s not about energy independence, it’s about making more junk that nobody needs.”

And the implications of their inexperience could mean major threats to the region's health and environment.

https://www.desmogblog.com/2018/07/01/state-regulators-struggle-keep-industry-pushes-multi-billion-dollar-fracked-petrochemical-projects

I must visit the protector camps,write a few things.

See if they need food,wood for warmth,mobile for live feeds.

And put links on seeing if we can donate something.

I mean many of us believe in their quest but cannot be there.

A few pounds would help them for sure.I will go there,before winter bites

Bye again.

Tawnyowl.

There may be trouble ahead

Posted on 22nd October 2018 by Professor David Smythe

Cuadrilla finally started fracking of the UK’s first horizontal shale well, Preston New Road-1z, Lancashire, on 16 October 2018. Very small tremors were immediately registered on the monitoring network set up by the BGS. I have positioned the five tremors of 18-20 October on the map below, shown by the red crosses. They lie towards the western end of the horizontal segment of PNR-1z at 2240 m depth (the surface track of which is shown by the red line). Fracking started with the stages furthest from the wellhead, that is, at the west end. The BGS hypocentral depths are very approximate (2 to 3 km depth), and the epicentral positions all lie within 300 m of the well track.

http://www.davidsmythe.org/frackland/?p=551&fbclid=IwAR10dlgyjT23esBZBlApYYWBspmtiwEoUahwCwj8HGyQgF3ex1-bglTkYSU

Can we trust Cuadrilla’s E-Portal?

BY REFRACKTION · PUBLISHED OCTOBER 22, 2018 · UPDATED OCTOBER 22, 2018

After last week’s seismic events a lot of attention focussed on Cuadrilla’s e-portal and the decision they took not to show what they call “trailing events” (i.e. events which occur outside of the times they are actually pumping fluid) with a magnitude less than 0.5. This of course means that their graphs in the “Seismicity in Local Magnitude” tab don’t need to show it as “The Local Magnitude (ML) graph refers to the magnitude of any seismicity detected above 0ML whilst we undertake hydraulic fracturing operations at Preston New Road.” which with casuistry worthy of a 17th century Jesuit priest they narrowly interpret as whilst actually pumping.

If you look at that tab today (Monday 22 October) you would never know the seismic events of last week occurred at all (unless of course you read the national and local press).

http://www.refracktion.com/index.php/can-we-trust-cuadrillas-e-portal/?fbclid=IwAR2_JzlhqZY_fvTqJQ5nICFN33CGDLm2lFOLd7aALowljx-pUcP19zQZ0do

Fast track fracking proposals undermine democracy and bypass scrutiny, MPs told

BY RUTH HAYHURST ON OCTOBER 23, 2018

Government proposals designed to speed-up fracking decisions are unclear, inappropriate and unjustified, a group of planning experts have said.

They told a meeting at Westminster the ideas, which could allow some shale gas sites to avoid the planning system, would undermine local democracy and bypass necessary scrutiny. The proposals could also increase development pressure on the countryside and increase opposition to the industry.

The proposals, being consulted on until Thursday (25 October 2018), were announced in May in written ministerial statements.

https://drillordrop.com/2018/10/23/fast-track-fracking-proposals-undermine-democracy-and-bypass-scrutiny-mps-told/?fbclid=IwAR24u6uTY2xmm059qYmZWZgFNW780GMyE00qi0FDBQzwT4uNT5W4EM67xzs

Fracking Used to Inject Nuclear Waste Underground for Decades

Unearthed articles from the 1960s detail how nuclear waste was buried beneath the Earth’s surface by Halliburton & Co. for decades as a means of disposing the by-products of post-World War II atomic energy production.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/shock-fracking-used-to-inject-nuclear-waste-underground-for-decades/5435114

From the Cuadrilla Fracking site earlier
.Amazing how many times the protectors have been blamed for stopping the flow of traffic.Well time to put things straight. Cuadrillas Private army.

Have you ever wondered where the orders come from.All the way up the chain of command to where.

Must be difficult for many of the police following these orders.But a job is a job i suppose even if you are being used.

Who is sat at the top writing the orders.Somewhere in Westminster perhaps.Who knows,i do not.

Going now,back tomorrow morning unless something happens which it usually does.

Bye Tawnyowl.

Well what can i say,nothing really i am a little roused this evening so will let a chap called Derek and Tina Rothery say it.

We should not be put in this position by these cowboys Cuadrilla.If they increase the pressure, they are only playing at the moment,enough said for now.:mad2:

Blackpool,Lancashire said no for good reason as have many others.

Tina Rothery.

And AGAIN!! A .4 earthquake at 14:45 Blackpool..

*the 6th seismic event since fracking started here last week.

Derek.

Now Cuadrilla are in a severe quandary ....

To continue risks a larger ' industry wrecking event' , like Preese Hall 2.0.

To stop admits that they couldn't see the fault before they started fracking .

Its lose, lose, but too often the experts have tried to mention the risks and safeguards #StylesReport

{1)Best Available Microfault Surveys 2) 850m setback from identified faults 3) TLS as a backstop, not a daily probe into the unknown!}

Six induced seismic events have happened in as many days at PNR!

This is the result of drilling blind to microfaults, industry arrogance, and lack of proper planning consideration !

If Permitted Development were to be allowed, with the present planning avoidance of seismic risk, there would be no way for the public to stop these tremors before they happen.

Cuadrilla are now at the point of abandoning their first horizontal frack due to induced seismicity in an unidentified microfault. As they rise the fluid pressure they induce seismicity and tremors, therefore it is likley they are fracking a significant microfault

Yet it was only a week ago that we were told by Claire Perry , Natascha Engel and UKOOG that earthquakes are a non issue .

The lies and bluster jeopardise us all.

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/eart…/recent_uk_events.html

I look forward to a good nights sleep tonight but doubt it.

Bye Tawnyowl.

Fracking at Lancashire site paused after seismic event detected

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/23/fracking-at-lancashire-site-paused-after-seismic-event-detected

Magnitude 0.4 tremor follows several others recorded since Cuadrilla restarted drilling

Not completely up on the current situation, but seems to me they stopped before the fracking caused >0.5 tremors which would officially stop them and give even greater credance to banning these activities.

Be interesting to see if there are later >.0.5 tremors which frackers will squeal 'we aren't fracking when these occurred.

The Tory Legacy

So you think it could be more of a political decision, TJ?

It's hardly surprising to me that there are earth tremors, given what they're doing. Given all the previous evidence, it's hard to justify the decision to let Cuadrilla have the licence in the first place.

So you think it could be more of a political decision, TJ?

Simply answer - yes.

If it goes over 0.5 the facking must stop again according to the agree traffic light system.

They are perhaps hoping that bit at a time will allow slow adjustments rather than significant quakes. I have no doubt it is a disaster in the making.

It's hardly surprising to me that there are earth tremors, given what they're doing. Given all the previous evidence, it's hard to justify the decision to let Cuadrilla have the licence in the first place.

and these are the result of simple test drills, actually configured well below the levels that would be used in 'industrialised' fracking.

The BGS site articles are carefully worded to present a generally positive 'outlook' but the articles are quite self contradictory and the claims fly in the face of the tremors actually felt by people in Blackpool.

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/research/BlackpoolEarthquakes.html

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/research/FrackingInducedSeismicity.html

For example the claims that a 'consensus of opinion' (mainly by US lobbyists, and fracking in areas away from significant numbers of people) that fracking doesn't cause quakes that can be felt quoting 2.5 or less as "unlikely to be felt or even detected" (less than 2.0 is quoted in the other)

is qualified by

* 'most sites of unconventional gas operations lack independent instrumentation for monitoring induced seismicity'

* the article reporting multiple quakes of upto 3.6, 4.0 and 4.2 even in the few that had monitoring

... and contradicted by the folk experiencing quakes reported as 'only' upto 1.5 and 2.3 in the Blackpool region,

let alone all the other reports in the US and Canada..

The Tory Legacy