• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Biffinplate vs RBS

biffinplate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just about to issue my first letter asking for my charges back, do I need to claim in Scotland because it is RBS or can I issue the claim in England??

Thanks

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

MCOL 24/10/06 £2524.47 + 40p per day

Court date 5th March 07

Barclays offer to settle in full, Just waiting for my cheque

Me - Barclays Bank

MCOL 8/11/06 £2155.17 + 34p per day

Court date 4th April 07

Court bundles delivered 26/02/07

RBS - Sorted

Cap One - Sorted & default removed, just waiting for cheque

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

Where do you live? If you live in Scotland, you can only put a max claim in of (I think) £750 at a time so you have to break it down into several claims or you can put the claim in in England for the larger amount- but you must be prepared to travel to England for the court case (if it comes to it).

If you live in England then put the claim in England- then there's no problems!

See the FAQ for full details and to check the amount you can claim in one go in Scotland- I might have that figure wrong.

• Haha 1

Thanks Wardle, I live in England so the claim will be made here

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

Just sent first letter to RBS asking for my charges back. It's only £340 but it all counts.

Busy with 2 claims against barclays (both at MCOL). Credit card companies are next.

Question, has anyone had an account closed by RBS or any other action taken?

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

Dropped my letter off at my local branch on the 15th, just had aphone call today from the branch asking me if I want to review my accounts or to see if I am happy with the service I am getting!!

Coincidence????? I dont know Hmmmmmmm

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

• 2 weeks later...

No response to my first letter, dropped my LBA in to my branch today. Deadline 15th December.

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Still no response from RBS to either of my letters! Both delivered by hand to my branch.

Has anyone not heard from RBS before starting MCOL action??

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

After no contact from the bank (despite 2 letters) issued MCOL today for £416.80 plus costs. Claim number 6QZ95110

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

I'm not hearing anything back from my letters either- is this a stalling tactic? I've had them delivered registered post so I know they've received them- sent to my branch and Manager of Customer Relations.

You seem to be about 2 weeks ahead of me Biffinplate- so I'll be tracking your progress with great interest- good luck!

I hand delivered both to my branch. When I was in today I asked one of the muppets anbout their complaints policy. Apparently you should get an aknowledgement within one week. The muppet did leave a message letting me know that I should hear something from Head Office soon.

Very little very Late!!

Good luck with your claim, I will let you know what happens.

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

HI there - ive just obtained Judgement against RBS and still not heard anything from them nor received any statements!!

Still there is a directions hearing on 10.1.07 - so maybe they will wakeup in time for that.

I did read on other threads that the District Judge in Cardiff wanted to know the name of the data Controller to he could be sent to prison - does anyone know the identity of the data controller and Ill ask for an order that he/she be imprisoned if they still fail to produce my financial information!!

I know that Customer Relations claims to be about 6 days behind with the volume of claims (Score!) but it took nearer 9 days beyond MCOL deadline for them to get me a reply....and it wasn't the reply I was looking for.

So if your cases have been escalated to TMcL's domain it may be the workload thats causing them to miss your deadlines..I would just carry on regardless. (As will I when I get money together for the claim! Grrr:mad: )

Hi All

Just looking for some advice as I have noticed a school boy error on my claim form. The particulars of claim are correct, but the amount calimed is wrong, e.g. charges £340 + interest £41.68 = £381.68. The amount claimed (without court charges) is £416.80. I have tried to contact the court today but was too late to amend my claim.

Question, do I need to cancel this claim and re issue or can I do something else?

Thanks in advance

Biff

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Received a letter today from RBS (first contact since my letter asking for it back 15th November)

They have offered me the full amount of charges back, but as they did not respond to any of my letters I have started an MCOL claim and they have not offered any fees or interest back. They have acknowledged the claim.

Should I write to RBS asking for them to pay my fees and interest as my claim has been started or does anyone think the judge will look at the offer made and think it was reasonable??

Thanks

Biff

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

Hello All

I have decided to accept RBS's offer to pay my charges back without asking for the court costs. I know i should hang on for the court costs but it is only £50 and I could really do with the money.

Quick question for the mods/site helpers. i am going to make my donation but is it best to do one big one when my other cases are settled or it is easier to make smaller donantions for each claim??

Thanks to everyone who has helped.

Biff

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

Hello All

I have decided to accept RBS's offer to pay my charges back without asking for the court costs. I know i should hang on for the court costs but it is only £50 and I could really do with the money.

Quick question for the mods/site helpers. i am going to make my donation but is it best to do one big one when my other cases are settled or it is easier to make smaller donantions for each claim??

Thanks to everyone who has helped.

Biff

A call to their solicitors may make them pay the remaining cash. I would hold on for all teh money as you have started MCOL. They will pay all the cash and interest. As for donations it is up to you. :D

Thanks Lively

I think I will write to their legal department and see if they are prepared to pay my costs and I will stop the claim.

Cheers

• Haha 1

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

No they have said nothing about conditions, only that they do not accept any liability or should I look to get charges refunded in the future they may need to condiser whether they will continue to offer me the flexibility I currently enjoy.

But yes January is a good time for a late prezzie

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

Court date 5th March 07

Me - Barclays Bank

Court date 4th April 07

RBS - Sorted

• 2 weeks later...

Zackly the same letter i got from them. I sent a "don't be silly" letter back and still got my money!!! :D

Check my thread if you want the wording I used - and some helpful suggestions from other posters.

Congratulations on your win - well done.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!