• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

unknown Welcome Finance CCJ? - now IND own it? help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I say new,

it's in fact a matter that if the same case has,

been ongoing for some 9 years yet I seem to be the victim of a fresh new round of attempted contact to chase a debt I've disputed countless times is nothing to do with myself.

The first such attempted contact in a few years.

Long story short (ish)

there seems to be an unsecured loan from some point in 2007 taken out by a person with the same name as me.

The loan has never been confirmed by welcome finance or any one of several dodgy debt collection agencies over the years trying to chase myself to pay for this so called if it was even taken out to the address I was registered at, at the time in question.

The only ever time some clown of a debt recovery agency even tried to get a default judgement against me by doing an online claim against me

(pretty sure I posted about it on here at the time, be it under a different user name I don't recall)

the advice given was to file a defence

and asking for the particulars of the case

such as copies of evidence filed with the online claims court (or whatever it's called),

such as evidence of the loan agreement, copies of the physical contract signed by the person in question, ID (assuming this would have been required)

used to apply for the loan,

evidence of proof of address of the loan applicant

and address to which the loan was registered to

a nd all relevant dates relating to the loan etc.

Well I never heard anything back, which was no surprise as not my loan.

And pretty sure a breach of the Data Protection Act if such evidence requested did exist and was provided to a person (myself) without ever being able to verify or prove any existing such evidence was 100% that of the person they are chasing for the debt.

But then again, this all happened at a point when even at the time (4-5 years ago)

the debt may well have been statute barred if not a year short of that period.

And this was the only time I've ever replied to dispute they have the wrong person.

I've since received a number of such claim letters threatening legal action from different debt recovery agencies each time where I not to pay and settle this so called debt, all ignored.

A few months ago after about 2 years of nothing I hear from 2 new debt recovery agencies within several weeks of each other

each again with the same story threatening legal action were I not to settle this so called debt

that no evidence it even exists has ever been sent with any such demand so again ignored.

Today I get the most strange letter\statement off welcome finance themselves, a company I thought went bust years ago?.

Well it's headed with a welcome finance logo and sent from an address registered to Ruddington, Notts?. And is the only such letter\statement I have ever received from Welcome Finance.

It's strangely headed as a "Personal Loan Statement" and the period of the statement is 16th May 15 - 15th May 16.

It states a customer number, an account number, the amount of credit provided as £3000 for a minimum duration of 36 months, a stated "Date of first movement 31st May 07".

The "statement" states dates of "16th May Opening Balance £6157.46".

Second line "21st Jun 15 Interest Adj Credit £542.69".

Then finally a closing balance on the 21st June 15 of £5614.77.

Also info about "settling your credit agreement early" "dispute resolution" & "paying less than the agreed sum" etc.

The impression I'm getting is these clowns are trying to reinstate a so called unsecured loan agreement from some point in 2007 as if it was never closed or defaulted on?.

Can't find any direct similar such letters received in looking on here so slightly unsure on if to ignore like all the debt recovery type letters or if to actually respond as surely if the date is correct may 2007 makes it statute barred for continued harassment?.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

either way if defaulted and no payment since 2007 it is statute barred.

A simple letter saying that you do not acknowledge any debt ot their company and that you notice that the debt is also statute barred.

burden is then on them to prove it is not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Might have a little fun in the reply, nothing like going on the offence as much as defence.

Not worried or concerned by the letter as such,

just thought it odd how the matter has apparently gone back to welcome finance after many years

and they are now trying to make out this so called loan agreement was an open dated agreement with a minimum 36 months repayment.

Would love to see the original agreement if it exists as never knew any such credit agreement states terms like "minimum duration of agreement 36 months" ?.

Me thinks this could be the start of a new route for this company or whoever is the current debt holders trying to chase old statute barred or false non existent loan debts.

So will incorporate the above reply with my own creative additional response.

Just curious thinking about welcome finance, if they went bust a number of years ago then who exactly is currently trading under the name of "welcome finance"?. Are they like defunct consumer brands bought by a separate generic investment company trying to operate and peddle there trade using previously established brands having gone bankrupt?.

thought I might as well upload a copy of the letter.

Hope the quality is ok as took a pic of the letter on my android tablet and uploaded that pic.

From what I can see in reading a few pages deep in this section I may well be the first to receive such a letter like this?.

I'm trying to compile my response using a mix of a template & incorporating my own "creative" input.

Makes asking for info and proof problematic seeing as I have always and continue to have zero knowledge of any dealings with welcome finance or any such debt and so totally unaware of account details as far as past payments might be concerned. Therefore I can hardly ask for account details, statements, original loan contract agreement details or proof of etc surely?.

Anyways, wanting to have some fun with these goons, my first draft response goes along these lines:

Dear Sir or Madam

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your most unenlightened of correspondence received this week (or that I have received off anyone in more years than I care to remember) yet totally undated but I'll assume it has been sent or processed in the last 10 working days all the same for legal purposes. You have contacted me regarding the account with the above account number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Welcome Finance or any other similar sounding company in any form.

I have familiarised myself with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) consumer crediticon sourcebook which states the following rules.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I also wish to add that I have been written to by at least several companies over the last several years claiming to be the current owners of this or other such loan debts. All I assume to be from the same bottom of the barrel type of sewerage as far as the legal process goes for debt recovery in your own line of business that includes your very selves!. Sadly like in your own very case each of those have also been somewhat and vastly suffering in the most minimum requirements under the required legal process in providing any real material evidence to both claim any real ownership of any claimed loan debt, that the debt is genuine and exists and you have, beyond any legal doubt 100% (that would ever stand up in a court of law) definitely got the correct contact details of the exact person you are assumingly claiming this loan agreement is legally liability tied to?.

Also I'd take this opportunity to mention to you (something I feel your staff may be totally unfamiliar with but forgivable if using a trainee 16 year old paralegal or other staff member unfamiliar with the DPA) the Data Protection Act and the legal responsibilities in both handling and providing such information covered under that act as far as ever trying to provide any further evidence of this so called loan debt to myself. So please be the most carefully of legally aware as far as the Data Protection Act is concerned in providing anything more detail wise with regards to this so called debt and account holder to myself unless you can indicate and provide proof within the correct legal process (and provide that proof in any future correspondence) that you have beyond doubt legally verified myself as the apparent legal holder of this so called loan debt.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Should this not happen, I will have no option but to make a complaint to the Trading Standards Department and consider informing the FCA of your actions.

Should you still be reading this letter, well done, congratulations and pat on the back to you!. You have done a sterling job in getting this far without needing a break. Please go and give yourself a well deserved tea break in your office canteen or whatever if your office has one. If reading this far you almost certainly deserve a chocolate digestive or 2, at the very least a Garibaldi biscuit!.

I look forward to hearing from you to state where your company lies with regards to this loan debt.

Yours faithfully

Mr xxx

Of cause, spelling or grammar errors aside this is the exact (I kid you not) response getting sent registered post Monday morning.

2016 welcome letter statement.pdf

• 1 month later...

Right, having thought my pretty much as above response sent to Welcome had had an impact due to not having heard back from them,

I was surprised to get another letter, well 2 actually at the weekend from both Welcome & no doubt there ambulance chasing account owning claimants of choice this month, IND.

The first from welcome is as follows content wise and I note pretty identical to that of another member:

"Dear Mr xxx,

I am writing to inform you that the above account was sold by Welcome Financial Services Limited to I.N.D. Limited on 30th June2016.

This means the effective owners of the above account are now I.N.D Limited.

As I.ND Limited has been managing your account since 07/03/12 all contact regarding this account should continue to be directed to I.N.D Limited" etc, etc. With no doubt a now increased wedge on the claimed debt.

The second letter from I.N.D says pretty much the same thing, be it from their perspective.

seems like welcome have totally ignored my original response which also included a demand they prove liability of the debt to myself (something I've always denied any ownership or knowledge of) and include all proof and evidence within the Data Protection Act and instead passed it on to the ambulance chasing company of choice to harass me for a while!.

Ah well, thinking of how to word a response to both parties,

particularly these IND idiots who by their own letter content seem to have proved themselves as incompetent and of false claims as welcome themselves unless IND is part of the same company. Because as previously said, at least 2 other companies claimed ownership of this so called debt in the last year, how so when IND now claim to have been managing this account since early 2012?.

Amusing times ahead I feel.

Time to get it to the FCA and FOS. Selling a disputed account where the debt isnt even yours. Looks like welcome wanted to get rid of it fast.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, will get sorted down that route now I think.

But still looking at having a little fun with both companies if I can as it seems from reading many such threads they either ignore such informed moves of action as mentioned above and that such FCA & FOS routes seem to take an age to deal with these things anyway.

Not that I'm bothered in the slightest because I know full well this debt is either not genuine or they have the wrong person which would certainly explain why upon a number of requests to supply proof of debt including paperwork under the DPA Welcome or any such debt collection company claiming ownership of such a debt has always gone silent.

I've more chance of showing my bottom in Woolworth's window with the Queen than this being a real genuine debt with proof of in paperwork. Of cause, I could use the statute barred line, but no fun in doing that until I get bored of all this ��

• 3 months later...

Just when I thought they (IND & Welcome) had took notice of my previous serious if light hearted response to their farce of a claim seeing as they never responded and I never heard anything back at all or received any requested information of proof to their claim.

I've today received a new letter which seems designed to indicate and give the impression they have escalated the issue to court action at first glance.

But at second reading unless I'm wrong,

what seems likely is that it's more trying to give an indication of a legal transfer of ownership of the debt via the counts.

But I can certainly see the impression IND is deliberately indirectly trying to put across to myself (and assumingly others) and that being the process of pre court action.

But of cause, I've received no such claim papers, so can't be that at all I'm guessing?.

I've uploaded images of the letter for the more knowledgeable members to look at to see if this is simply more scare tactics,

something new from IND or if something to take more seriously than the scare tactic I feel it is.

As let's face it,

the so called court paperwork seems very basic and lacking of real detail.

And besides which, funny how they claimed to be the legal owner of the debt several months ago, any yet now this lol.

Any thoughts by fellow members on this new letter as I'm also looking at sending a put up and start legal\court action or shut up letter to IDN with a claim that any future correspondence demanding debt payments or threats of legal action without action and provision of debt evidence will been seen as harassment and I will counter claim for harassment and compensation and charge for all future (starting with my next correspondence to them) correspondence to them at the rate of no less than £30.

docs1.pdf

So, here is my latest reply to IND in any case, will be interesting to see if or how they respond!. But I've also enclosed a copy of my previous letter to them as mentioned above. Getting the feeling they are not taking me seriously for some reason?, as surely they don't see me as an easy target any longer?.

Your ref: IND ref Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

In fact I'll do you a favour in saving yourselves a little time in looking up your recent correspondence & generously enclose a copy with this correspondence to save you a few minutes. But please, get yourselves a coffee & some custard creams before you continue if you like.

Thank you for your latest and repeated unenlightened of correspondence received yesterday. Though as to why you continue to try and make contact with me over the same repeated claims is well beyond myself and my understanding. More so in that I have in the past responded to yourselves yet never heard back and seemingly getting ignored by yourselves. Which I honestly feel is rather a shame as there is better things I could be doing today like weeding the garden, listening to some folk music or painting the skirting boards in the living room instead of having to take take out in responding to an issue you continue to ignore me and my responses over.

It is with great annoyance and frustration that I'm yet again having to take time out of my day to day life to contact yourselves over this matter. And its highly disappointing to see you are not taking any notice in the slightest of anything I'm sending to yourselves and prefer to be wasting both yourselves and my own time by sending what seems to detail and explain nothing in any great detail or meaning that I can properly understand or be expected to understand.

First off, I'd like to go back to a correspondence received jointly from yourselves and Welcome Finance back in early July of this year (I'll let you guys look this up on your own records for the copy you sent if you don't mind) after having prior to this in May of this year also responded to Welcome Finance themselves with a correspondence received in as said May of this year with my response to them that I then in July of this year sent to both Welcome Finance and yourselves to refer both parties to which sadly you seem to have ignored.

You stated in July that yourselves, IND, quote: “I am writing to inform you that the above account was sold by Welcome Financial Services Limited to I.N.D. Limited on 30th June2016. This means the effective owners of the above account are now I.N.D Limited. As I.ND Limited has been managing your account since 07/03/12 all contact regarding this account should continue to be directed to I.N.D Limited” unquote.

So please if you could, explain to me in detail, with supporting evidence how any of the above quote could possibly be true in that you claim to have been the owners of this so called but fake debt as you claimed to have legally bought it on 30th June 2016 after previously having managed this so called but fake debt since 07/03/2012 since your latest correspondence dated 7th November (generously enclosed by myself) then states with what is indicated to be a legal transfer of ownership of this so called but fake debt only took place on the 2nd November via the courts?. Is your previous correspondence and the content of from early July a lie and fake claim of debt ownership and date of ownership a lie or what then?. As simply put your correspondences do get rather confusing and feel somewhat a contradiction as I'm sure you can see and understand.

Go on, you know you want to open the M&S gariboldi biscuits next, so get stuck in & top your coffee up.

So could you please therefore explain to me what the content and purpose of your correspondence from 7th November is and what its supposed to be giving the impression of, cant be ownership of this so called debt as you said you bought it back it June. Or is it more designed to give an impression of pre court action under the pre court action process?.

As if so its not the best of efforts and either way I take this latest correspondence as nothing less than intimidation and harassment treatment and totally ignores past correspondences I've made. More so with the times I've now heard off yourselves and yet never have you ever provided to prove any evidence that this so called debt is genuine or details around addresses and dates in compliance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) for this so called debt.

As said, I now consider this a matter of harassment and intimidation in chasing me for a debt I've already stated numerous times is either not genuine or nothing to do with myself and have made repeated attempts to ask for full disclosure of the evidence, documentation, signed contracts & dates involved to prove otherwise yet that has always seemingly gone ignored.

So I am therefore collating all recent correspondence from yourselves and if this matter now continues I'll be making a counter claim via the courts for a claim of harassment & intimidation and claiming compensation and enforcing my own costs for my correspondences & time spent on this matter as it now continues. So think of the coffee & biscuit budget from now on eh & really hope you did not really pay Welcome Finance for this so called debt as I can assure you its either fake or you have the wrong person!.

Anyway, I'll yet again kindly but frustratingly refer yourselves to the previous correspondence I sent to yourselves back in July over the matter for which I will also enclose a copy of for your reading pleasure.

Also, and please take notice I'm formally billing IND Limited for the costs of this correspondence and the time spent dealing with yourselves for the above reasons from now on. The cost of this and any and all future correspondence is for £30 each time. So this correspondence now also constitutes a bill for which I fully expect a payment of £30 to be made to myself within the next 28 days. Failure to take notice of and comply with this payment request could lead to future legal action against yourselves which could lead to drastically increased costs to yourselves if the matter goes to the courts and a liability order is taken out against yourselves for this debt!.

Yours Sincerely

Mr XXX

Whilst it may seem a good idea to do a letter like that I prefer the short, sharp notice....

Dear Sirs

What part of STATUTE BARRED do you not understand?

What part of "I do not acknowledge this alleged debt in any way shape or form" do you not understand.

What language would you like this letter to be in - this can be provided at a cost to yourselves.

Should this attempt to go to court yet again the previous case will be cross referenced and the matter swiftly concluded that I do not owe you the alleged debt.

Goodbye clowns and RIP

Waste of time

Welcome got a CCJ

That's been transferred to Ind

PDF those letters please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, tempted to keep the reply to them short and sweet but in all honesty not quite in my character to use such few words that may well just be looked at with a standard "yeah, yeah we've heard it all before" like attitude from IND. Hence my more if long winded "creative" and less confirmative style of response to them. But thought I still managed to get some of the points across eves if I guess IND may miss them in all that.

dx100, will try and and PDF the last couple of letters tomorrow now if I can, printer scanner aught to be capable of this I guess? as never really done PDF conversions in the past from memory?. But always simply uploaded photographed images in the past. But if that's better then will get onto it in the morning sometime.

Though I fail to see how they have a CCJ as such either now or at any point in the past as nothing I've received has ever made mention of a CCJ. Besides, if so, highly unlikely I'd have recently got a credit card in last 12 months either if so. The letter from back in May tried to make out an active account somehow from reading as it seemed designed to be more a statement. Then in July, what simply suggested a transfer of debt ownership from Welcome to IND, again no mention of a CCJ or any such action. Then now this recent letter that I have more reason to feel a load of fictional bull than anything.

Would be very surprised if they have a CCJ against me at my current address as been here for some 2 1\2 years and never received any court papers relating to any court action or any CCJ being granted, for which if so such papers would have come from the courts I guess?. Though I have to admit, this new letter is rather puzzling, more so on the second page and the wording within that page.

Also, just checked my credit report and nothing showing there that's affected my credit rating in the near 12 months I've had my credit card. So god knows what there recent letter is supposed to be about to mention court action?.

right pdfs here now

they wrote to northants bulk substituting themselves as claimant on 38 CCJ's

yours is one of them

any idea on your old username

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, sadly don't recall my old username dx100uk,

though I do recall having posted about Welcome at least twice in the past years.

Everything was on an old pc that went bang near a few years ago now,

had loads of correspondence from Welcome and several claimed debt ownership companies over the years that I stored on the computer!.

Always write details down on paper and keep printed\photocopied records that way now to.

It's sure going to be interesting if they get back to me with regards to the above court issue and asking for further details and if they explain what exactly it's all about.

As with the greatest of respect nothing in the above mentioned a CCJ and as said I've received no such court papers referring to a CCJ case, summons, liability order or anything.

Surely if they have attempted a default CCJ against me and others then I've proof they have been using my current correct address since at least May of this year.

Would be somewhat naughty if then reporting a totally different address for me to the courts if they have gone for a default since then.

Unless I'm missing the point and what's been said,

the letter this week only indicates to me legal ownership of the claimed debt via the courts (if genuine)

does it not than the issue being a granted liability order\CCJ and then a transfer of ownership?.

Of cause, both Welcome & IDN should be fully aware if this is the same claimed debt going back near 10 years now (don't know as they have never provided evidence to prove its a genuine debt) that they have wrongly been chasing me over that its clearly statute barred in any case.

So how they feel taking court action and omitting such information from the courts in an attempt to reset the clock or get a default would be rather frowned at I'd have thought

Also of puzzlement is that it is stated no notice of such a hearing being required to give advance notice to myself (and others) for such a hearing taking place and quoted references for this which I'll try & look into tomorrow at some point.

But totally confused why that might be the case.?.

As surely any such matter relating to CCJ's & liability orders etc means the likes of myself would be pre contacted over the matter?.

Then there are the dates in the letter,

from the court date,

to the date IDN drafted their letter and myself receiving it means the stated time to contact the court over the matter has expired the day I received the letter!.

Besides they have totally missed out any contact detail for the court over this matter anyway which is somewhat odd?.

Almost like they have deliberately missed information out.

you are assuming far too much and dunno where LO's come into it either??????

if a CCJ by default was obtained by welcome within 6yrs of the debt being 'live'

a CCJ cannot ever be statute barred

what can happen is if the CCJ is not enforced in 6yrs

then its very rare for a substitution of claimant to happen

so

it must have been attained within 6yrs

and

it must be within 6yrs since the CCJ for the substitution to be allowed to happen.

if you didn't update welcome on a change of address, then sadly if everything above has happened

it is all quite legit.

welcome got the CCJ against you.

it was obviously filed to a previous address

in the last 9yrs how many addresses have you lived at?

are ALL those addresses showing as linked addresses on your credit file?

if they are not too many

then you could use www.trustonline.org.uk to search each one

£4 a shot I think.

is there anything unique like a name you would have used

or a sentence or word you might have used before here to help find the threads

I can search far more than what you can

give me a few clues that might narrow my search

like did you make a big thing out of it being someone with your same name

and they

In the last 10 years,

lived at 4 addresses & recall having received correspondence at only the most recent 3 of them from Welcome and or claimed debt owners.

I do recall an attempted court claim papers being received from either Welcome or claimed debt owners via the court about 5-7 years ago I think it was now and mentioned it on here at the time and asked for advice.

I recall following the advice at the time and filed a defence against the claim and asked for the particulars & evidence of the case under court regulations and stated why they could not exist or provide these to the court in the claims papers to allow the case to go forwards ( not a genuine debt (proof of) or wrong person Derby is claimed against.

I certainly never heard back from either the counts or anything regarding any court action or any CCJ after filing this defence in the further year or so I lived at that address at the time.

But I certainly received more bog standard various debt collection letters from different "debt owners\agents" after this point.

reasonable to feel no such CCJ order was gained at that point as I fail to see how I'd have simply received standard debt collection letters in the time since than a CCJ.

Would sure be interesting to try and find out for sure if a CCJ does exist as they have never made mention of having gained one?.

But back in May Welcome rather bizarrely sent what appears to be an account statement to make out the account was still active (mentioned back in May) for some reason which was all very odd as if to try and make out the account was still active!.

Previous username could have been donny, dave within it I'm thinking if that helps.

Sorry,

seems to be a few spelling\wording errors above due to predictive typing on my tablet!.

Hopefully the above post can still be followed easy enough all the same.

But I've been reminded this morning that I've also at our current address a few and several months prior to May this year received debt collection letters from 2 separate debt collectors regarding what I assume to be the same Welcome Finance debt as Welcome Finance was mentioned each time (unfortunately I don't recall keeping these). Possibly a settlement offer in one of them, don't fully recall.

Also I notice an enquiry email in the new IND letter. So whilst my latest response was posted yesterday I'm wandering if it's worth while trying to contact them via email to?.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So we don't really know what you did

That thread went dead

I'd use TOL and search the address at that time for a CCJ

and they

Yes, that's definitely one of my old threads and the only time (but thought it longer ago than that) I'd ever received anything as far as any actual attempted court action goes.

Though I guess even that was an attempted default against me.

The reason why that thread went dead was probably firstly I got caught up in a totally unrelated non consumer major legal issue taking over a year to deal with.

And secondly, well simply put I'd not heard a thing back over the issue from either the court in question or Welcome.

Maybe a generic debt collection as per norm several months later I don't know. But definitely nothing at all from the courts I'd received the papers from.

But the dates make things interesting,

as we did not move from that address to our current address until over a year after my last post in that thread.

So highly improbable they got any default or CCJ at about the time I'm guessing that case would have gone ahead against me at that address as I'd certainly have heard back from the court and Welcome had the case still have gone ahead as I'd certainly have wanted to go to court myself.

I'd done as suggested,

replied as per advice,

asked the questions,

filed a defence yet never at any point heard back from the court or Welcome.

I fail to see how the case can still have gone ahead as i'd both never heard back from the court to say the case was still going ahead, heard in my absence or received the requested information, just went quiet.

By the way, what is this TOL?.

trustonline

can I just make a polite observation....

you waste so much time now then and probably in the past too

rambling on about its not you debt

you did this and that.

stop waffling on

can we deal with the problem as it obviously is not going away

but we need to deal with facts not waffle which means nowt

some how they've gotten a ccj

find out the number [TOL site}

ring northants bulk on Monday

and get a copy of it.

this is the ONLY way you will kill this totally

AND might get compo out of all the agro too

but continuing to throw everything in the bin

does not help you!!

and they

Thanks for the advice dx100uk & my apologies will try and get the CCJ details later via TOL and as said ring the northants on Monday if I can confirm as you say that a CCJ does exist

. Will post back later if I find anything out.

Just so I can be sure before paying,

is it only going to be CCJ's I looking at or that would apply in this matter?.

judgements yes

you'll get it once on the site upon what to search for

and they

Interesting,

nothing registered at all against me at my previous address!,

is this £4 fee still taken even if no results found?.

Not worth checking the address previous to that I guess as can't see any default or claim would have been attempted if they had one previous to that for the same matter at an even older address?.

Not sure if it's worth trying my current address as never heard anything until late last year\early this year and certainly not court claim!.

would you have the old claim number copied on your old PC

as the hardrive could be removed an plugged in the PC you have today via a USB converter.

on that letter about the 38 claims

is there no claim number? by your name

as the court would need to know the number to substitute the new claimant

it will be in the format of a couple of letter then a few numbers

and they

God knows what happened to the old HDD in all honesty,

probably binned the thing when I rebuilt if not fully formatted.

I have, half down the third page (2nd page from the court)

I uploaded the other day a claimant ref number that Welcome and IND use when they have written

and as I think your asking about a claim number made up of firstly a number,letter,letter then 5 numbers,

an 8 digit claim number.

Lnllnnnl

and they