style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the bank details of Rossendales to set up the standing order,

its the account number and sort code of Rossendales i need,

its not clear on the website.

Its because i have a bailiff coming in the morning and he said he will be taking goods.

I have explained i am in terrible grief following the death of my partner,

i explained i will not cope with the upset,

i am in process of facing all the things i have not felt able,

but i have a lot of unopened post so it wont be the only threatening letter.

i need to be realistic an offer what i can.

I want to set up a standing order to pay in installments the balance ,

first if i have proof i am repaying will it stop any seizure of goods.

secondly i looked on website but cant find the account number and sort code of rossendales to set up standing order.

I wondered if anyone else has managed to locate it

It is a civil debt, They can not force their way into your home

If you have a car on the drive, Move it and ignore them

Once they realize you won't roll over for them, Then they will be more willing to accept what you can afford

Personally, i would ignore then until it is passed back to the council

Hello,

sorry for your loss.

Is the parking fine yours or deceased partners?

I understand that you want to make the payments but just because of the fact you setup a

standing order this will not stop the Enforcement Agent attending as he can add further

fees by doing so.

Ignore the EA for now and don't let him in as as suggested move a car if you have one,

phone the council on Monday and explain your circumstances and see if they can take it

back or they can tell Rossendales to inform them that you are currently vulnerable and

setup an affordable repayment plan.

Regards

moved to the bailiff forum.

so you've had a notice of enforcement and you ignore it.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As a recently bereaved person you are classed as a vulnerable, they should be made aware of this along with the instruction authority and should withdraw allowing you time to sort things out.

Do they know the situation ?

Can I also ask who the PCN was issued to ?

In the interim, as said do not let anyone in, they have no right to force entry and you do not need even to speak to them.

However it would be advisable to tell them the situation.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Before getting to this later stage of enforcement (personal visit) you should have received a Notice of Enforcement from the bailiff company. It is on receipt of this notice that payment arrangements can be set up. Unfortunately, if either full payment of a payment proposal are not set up during the 'compliance stage' then the debt is passed to the enforcement agent. It is important to understand that the purpose of his visit is to 'take control of goods' (hence the name of the regulations'.

It is also on receipt of the Notice of Enforcement that any 'vulnerability' should be brought to the attention of the enforcement company.

In the case of a road traffic related debt....the warrant has upon it the number plate of the vehicle that was involved in the traffic/parking contravention. Accordingly, the enforcement agent's role of 'taking control of goods' is made simpler for him because, instead of attempting to gain access into the property to identify goods that may be 'taken into control', the enforcement agent can simply try to seize the motor vehicle. It can assist on a temporary basis to hide the vehicle but it must be pointed out that the warrant has a 'life' of 12 months so the car needs to be hidden away for while a while.

It is very unusual indeed for an enforcement company to set up a standing order. That is not to say that you cannot try to negotiate this method of payment.

The enforcement company will rarely accept direct payments when the account has already been assigned to an individual enforcement agent. If they did so, this could hamper the enforcement agents commission structure.

I have explained i am in terrible grief following the death of my partner, i explained i will not cope with the upset, i am in process of facing all the things i have not felt able, but i have a lot of unopened post so it wont be the only threatening letter.

Ali, I am very sorry to hear that you have lost your partner. As difficult as it may be for you, it would assist if you could answer the following questions (this is to ascertain whether you could be considered vulnerable in the eyes the enforcement company).

When did your partner pass away?

Were the two of you living together?

Were you long term partners?

Also, which company are enforcing this debt?

Last question....with regards to the motor vehicle...is it worth less that £1,350 (this is the figure whereby some vehicles may be considered exempt).

Sorry for your loss.

A PCN is issued to a vehicle and the debt is owed by a person. That person would be the registered keeper (RK). If the person that passed was the RK then I would ask you to advise the TEC of this as well as the issuing Authority. In these circumstances they MAY cancel the PCN/charge.

There is no need to tell us the name of the Enforcement company as it is in the subject line, you can simply call their office and inform them of the passing yourself. This would be to the 'welfare department' There are guidelines on how they must act if there has been a recent passing of a close family member/Partner...

You can do this all yourself. You maybe approached via PM with an offer to help for a fee and if this happens you should report this the site team straight away.... We do get Touts on this forum. This is to protect you at your most vulnerable time....

So to recap call the company that issued the PCN record the call (and follow up in writing)

Call the Enforcements Agents office in this case ROSSENDALES as stated in the subject line (and follow up in writing)

Contact the TEC / Local Authority inform them both of the passing... and always follow this call up with a letter and ask for a response in writing....

As an after thought and only if the deceased was the registered keeper please don't forget to inform the DVLA of this and then change the details on the V5. This will save you from getting issues from the DVLA as well....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

You can do this all yourself. You maybe approached via PM with an offer to help for a fee and if this happens you should report this the site team straight away.... We do get Touts on this forum. This is to protect you at your most vulnerable time.... ....

Mikeymack, if anybody is approached via a private message offering to help a debtor and being charged a fee for doing so...the general public and all forum members should be made aware of who may be responsible.

Are you aware of this actually happening (debtors being charged a fee for assistance) and if so, have you reported such instances to the moderators/site owner?

BA this is not aimed at anyone, I am just saying what the board have already stated through out the site nothing more nothing less! CAG are aware of this happening and I just repeated it....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

That was an excellent post MM, it was a shame it was spoiled by the obvious unjustified dig at another member.

The OP hasn't come back so lets hope everything is ok for them.

Personally, i think that if this is a recent bereavement they should seek the help of a debt counsellor because from experience ,there is usually a number of financial issues to sort out and everyone will be after her money.

I wouldn't pay anything to anyone until I had received advice.

Some of the debts which people are demanding payment of may not even be your problem, not that they won't accept your money.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS