style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi hope i'm posting in the right place .

I currently have a debt to the council for just over £1000 on the 18th of april a rossendales bailiff posted a red enforcement notice through my door i wasn't in so obviously didn't answer.I haven't contacted him i contacted the council to find out why i owe this money and request they handle the debt they refused and said i had to contact the bailiff.

This morning the 20th he has knocked on again this time with another enforcement notice stating he will be back on monday the 25th to remove my goods even in my absence can he do this im currently on benefits with an 8 year old and 7 month old in the house .He claims other costs will be added to my bill of £110 for removal plus disbursements for which i will be liable ..is he allowed to just keep coming back every few days ?

Im worried sick i haven't got the money to pay him and not sure now what i can do i don't own a car and i doubt the things in my house will cover the debt .have rang the council again and there refusing to take the debt back.

The debt is from 2 separate properties i assumed i was getting council tax benefit but apparently what i was awarded didn't cover the full bill the bill covers 2013-2014 then 2014 -2015

Edited by Andyorch
Paragraphs

Hi worried1111 and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

He has no right of forced entry, so if you don't let him in he can't come in. How much do you owe in total, bear in mind that he will have added £75 Compliance Fee and a £235 visit fee. he cannot add the £110 and extras for storage if you don't let him in to Take Control Of Goods, and there is nothing of value outside.

Ask the council how much Local Council Tax Relief applies in your area and what percentage of your council tax you have to pay, and post it up please.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hi hope i'm posting in the right place .

I currently have a debt to the council for just over £1000 on the 18th of april a rossendales bailiff posted a red enforcement notice through my door i wasn't in so obviously didn't answer.I haven't contacted him i contacted the council to find out why i owe this money and request they handle the debt they refused and said i had to contact the bailiff.

This morning the 20th he has knocked on again this time with another enforcement notice stating he will be back on monday the 25th to remove my goods even in my absence can he do this im currently on benefits with an 8 year old and 7 month old in the house .He claims other costs will be added to my bill of £110 for removal plus disbursements for which i will be liable ..is he allowed to just keep coming back every few days ?

Im worried sick i haven't got the money to pay him and not sure now what i can do i don't own a car and i doubt the things in my house will cover the debt .have rang the council again and there refusing to take the debt back.

The debt is from 2 separate properties i assumed i was getting council tax benefit but apparently what i was awarded didn't cover the full bill the bill covers 2013-2014 then 2014 -2015

It would seem from your query that you had been unaware that these debts would be sent to Rossendales. You should have received correspondence from the council and you should have also received a Notice of Enforcement from Rossendales. Did you receive any of these letters? if not, then you really need to speak with the council to check that they have your correct address.

There is no requirement for you to allow an enforcement agent into your home and as you do not have a motor vehicle the bailiff would not be able to 'remove goods in your absence' (as this normally means a motor vehicle).

The bailiff can revisit your property as many times as he likes but is most unlikely to do so given that he cannot charge any further fees. He can only charge ONE enforcement fee of £235.

As you do not own a car then the enforcement agent will be much more willing to accept an affordable payment proposal.

In the meantime can you respond to the query about the lack of previous documentation.

Sorry have been trying to get through to the council recovery section

i wasnt aware of the debt until the bailiff turned up i have rang them they claim to have sent 2 letters re this between 2014 and now however i havent recieved them i have recently moved but they have both my current and previous address on file as the move was within the same council area.

The only papers i have recieved from rossendales are the ones that the bailiff has pushed through the door ,A lady i have just been speaking to is checking my claim to see if i should have recieved more help as i was on full benefits for these council tax years .

she is going to call me back with the answer and also the information re council tax relief and the exact ammounts for each year thats owing

Also for one of the bills they had started taking this from my benefits i wasnt aware of this as benefits hadf only wrote out to tell me there would be as reduction per week but failed to say what for i still gave that letter the lady at the council is unsure why this was cancelled so she is now looking in to that for me

Also for one of the bills they had started taking this from my benefits i wasnt aware of this as benefits hadf only wrote out to tell me there would be as reduction per week but failed to say what for i still gave that letter the lady at the council is unsure why this was cancelled so she is now looking in to that for me

You really must enquire with the council why deductions from benefits were stopped.