JSA stopped – No notification - Please Help!

a1214u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I went to sign at the Job Centre last Friday 8th April 2016 and was told that my claim had been ended.

The adviser said that they had sent me a letter out on 23rd February 2016 requiring me to attend the Job Centre on the 31st March 2016.

I told them that I had not received such letter and so was not aware of the request.

The adviser suggested I do a rapid reclaim.

I tried to do a rapid reclaim at on the internet and the DWP indicated that my area code requires me to claim Universal Credit now.

So it looks like I will lose 8 days of my JSA plus a weeks 'waiting' for the Universal Credit as they don't pay for the first 7 days!

Therefore I stand to lose at best 15 days of benefit.

Do You think they are trying it on?

I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give on this matter.

Thank you, Nigel

If the JC put you on UC you may have to wait up to 7 yes 7 weeks for your 1st payment.

If this causes you hardship then you will be advised to apply for an advance payment to tide you over.

This is then recovered over a period of time. Make sure you speak to your landlord and get some advise about your rent arrears if you have any.

Don't forget to apply for any discounts for your council tax as well. Keep all agencies informed so you don't face a default on your CT and face arrears collection on it..

I also think that if it is a rapid reclaim waiting times are different...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Unfortunately for you, there is an assumption that any letter posted is deemed delivered within two working days. Unless you can demonstrate that there are problems with the postal service in your area, then you are going to struggle to get this one overturned.

Probably the best way to attack this is to ask for:

1. A copy of the letter.
  2. Proof of postage for the above letter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Unfortunately for you, there is an assumption that any letter posted is deemed delivered within two working days. Unless you can demonstrate that there are problems with the postal service in your area, then you are going to struggle to get this one overturned.

Probably the best way to attack this is to ask for:

1. A copy of the letter.
  2. Proof of postage for the above letter.

The other tactic is to display that you have received all other DWP communication/letter sent and fully complied with them so...... your non-compliance with the letters instructions "given the benefit of doubt" is down to not receiving the letter for reasons unknown.

If you get lucky a DWP Decision Maker might accept that - although I doubt it!

But if you take the appeal all the way to tribunal then you stand quite a good chance of them being reasonable as they understand that post does go missing.

Doesn't help you with money immediately but long-term if you win that extra money might make all the difference.

Either way the clock starts to run once you receive the decision letter telling you of your claim ending

See here for times scales and what you need to do

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/benefits-introduction/problems-with-benefits-and-tax-credits/challenging-a-benefit-decision/challenging-a-dwp-benefit-decision-on-or-after-28-october-2013/challenging-a-benefit-or-tax-credit-decision-asking-for-a-reconsideration/

See here if you don't receive a decision letter and search the site for other angles of attack on this sanction

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/9532/

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/8825/