Excel Parking Services - Parking charge letter - BW Legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post here, I have read through all I can find and this seems the place to be. These issue has been raised previously however the ones I have found are all slightly different to my situation (as expected really), so I am hoping I can get some advice.

Last year, I parked in a carpark where parking is enforced by Excel Parking Services. The car park is for a retail park with several businesses. One of which is a gym. Car parking is free for those using the gym. You have to enter your reg on a touchscreen inside the gym.

This was the first time I had used this particular gym and was not aware of having to enter your reg.

I received a letter from Excel Parking, with a charge on.

I contact the gym and they themselves provided me with a screenshot, from their systems, of the times I entered and left the gym (you access the gym using your own unique PIN number). This reflected perfectly the times I was parked in the car park.

Believing this was justifiable grounds for disputing the notice (gym user hence free parking), I disputed the letter, via email.

They replied stating the dispute was not honoured and I was liable.

For several months, letters came from Excel, then another debt recovery, then somewhere else, and now BW Legal have sent one.

Where do I stand with this. They are stating I now have 10 days to pay, as Excel have 'instructed us to commence county court proceedings against me for recovery of the balance'.

It also makes reference to CCJ's and for me to be aware of the case of ParkingEye Limited v Beavis 2015.

I should mention that since my dispute by email, I have not replied to anything else.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Chris

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...