PPS Parking fine ticket blew on floor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there after several advice please I parked to do a job in Plymouth on 10/03/2016 purchased ticket and placed on my dash shut door off I went came back to find ticket on my window and realised my ticket had fallen on the floor.

The gentleman who issued ticket was still in car park do asked if he could cancel it told me I would have to appeal and this and they would cancel it no doubt as mistakes happen.

I contacted them sent photos of my ticket and explained what happened. But they said I have to pay £70 by 18/04/2016 or £100 by 2/05/2016

Do I have to pay this i have a family to look after and I can't afford this sort of fine

Any help much appreciated

Ashley

Edited by honeybee13
Surname removed as a precaution.

Where exactly was you parked Ashley ..on private land/car park or main road?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It is not a fine, it is a demand for damages for breach of contract- the contract you entered into when parking there. The major bit of that was to pay the prescribed fee, which you did and the rest of the signage then becomes of lesser importance. I hope you still have the ticket you purchased. Do not lose it

Wait for them to write to you and see what the supposed breach of contract was and then compare that with the signage at the car park then come back and tell us .

It is not a fine, it is a demand for damages for breach of contract- the contract you entered into when parking there. The major bit of that was to pay the prescribed fee, which you did and the rest of the signage then becomes of lesser importance. I hope you still have the ticket you purchased. Do not lose it

Wait for them to write to you and see what the supposed breach of contract was and then compare that with the signage at the car park then come back and tell us .

OK no problem I shall wait for a letter thanks for your help I'm just worried money will keep increasing money I don't have.

Doesn't matter one jot, it's money you won't be paying because you don't even owe it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!