Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook


A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99



Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide


An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1

    Default We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I've just received a lettericon this morning sateing that they feel the "charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, they consider that the amounts debited to my account have been applied strictly in accordance with my agreement with them and are satisfied they comply with applicable laws and regulations".

    They go on to say that they have "considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relations to credit card fees and are concerned that the OFT has publicy called into question the settign of charges applied to other products incl current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigations to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBSicon or the industry in relation to other entirely different products"

    "Consequently, against background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges to your account".

    What do I do? Is there any point in pursuing, or should I take it that they will not refund me?

    I would be grateful of any advice, this is pretty scary stuff!!

    Thanx

    Similar Threads:
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  2. #2

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    HI! Don't worry they are just trying to scare you! I got the exact same letter, & my MCOL was issued today


  3. #3

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Carry on with your timescale as normal!


  4. #4

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Hi

    Thanks for that, the letter is quite intimidating, I will carry on regardless - fingers crossed....

    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  5. #5
    Battleaxe
    Guest

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Looks like all the banks are singing from the same song sheet. A *& L aand MBNA send the same ones also.. Stick to you timetable. They are hoping you will fold and go away..

    Onwards and upwards


  6. #6

    Default User is banned

    User is banned, content is deleted automatically.


  7. #7

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Tell them to take a hike!
    Just carry on with your timetable, you will get your cash back!

    Don't worry, that's a bog standard reply.

    Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

    If you can, please donate to this site.


    Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.



    If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

    RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  8. #8

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Glad I read this thread I got the same letter yesterday when I arrived home but i will carry on with the next step tonight and post the letter in morning - recorded of course.
    Good luck everyone


  9. #9

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Just to put in my 2p worth. Same as everyone else really.

    This is standard tactics by all of the banks. It's meaningless bluster. Carry on and stick to the timetable. You will get there, just don't let them intimidate you.

    Anytime you need support or are worried just post up on here; we've all been there.

    Pete

    I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  10. #10

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Hi, I've also received a 'we will not be refunding any of the charges letter' but the guy rattled on that my letter referred to credit card charges which I have checked and it was the correct standard letter that I copied and pasted from the templates. He also said that I was wrong to say that the bank was acting as a fudiciary and that I should seek legal advice????

    Has anyone else had this kind of letter?

    thanks


  11. #11

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemondrop View Post
    Hi, I've also received a 'we will not be refunding any of the charges letter' but the guy rattled on that my letter referred to credit card charges which I have checked and it was the correct standard letter that I copied and pasted from the templates. He also said that I was wrong to say that the bank was acting as a fudiciary and that I should seek legal advice????

    Has anyone else had this kind of letter?

    thanks
    Do you have a thread about your claim? Can you PM me a link to it please.

    Pete

    I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  12. #12

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    Do you have a thread about your claim? Can you PM me a link to it please.

    Pete
    Hi Pete

    I'm not doing too well with this site as every time I try to set up a thread it says I don't have the access requirements. What do you want to know?


  13. #13

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Quote Originally Posted by hughsy40 View Post
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I've just received a lettericon this morning sateing that they feel the "charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, they consider that the amounts debited to my account have been applied strictly in accordance with my agreement with them and are satisfied they comply with applicable laws and regulations".

    They go on to say that they have "considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relations to credit card fees and are concerned that the OFT has publicy called into question the settign of charges applied to other products incl current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigations to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBSicon or the industry in relation to other entirely different products"

    "Consequently, against background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges to your account".

    What do I do? Is there any point in pursuing, or should I take it that they will not refund me?

    I would be grateful of any advice, this is pretty scary stuff!!

    Thanx
    hiya,

    i received the same letter from the bank, it is just a wee fob off letter just you carry on with your timescale as others have said.

    Good luck

    BOS-CC
    21.6.6 - DPL pstd, 24.7.6 - Plm Ltr 2928.77 ,01.8.6 - Ltr rcvd from BOS- fob OFF,04.8.6 - LBA pstd,06 - Sm Clms fr crt,12.9.6 - rcvd 868.35 part pymnt, 2198.67,12.9.6-ltr acptng pp and lba,
    31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt
    BOS-Crt(2)
    21.6.6-DPL pstd,04.8.6-Plm Ltr 4824.93,24.8.6-LBA pstd
    RBS1
    24.7.6-DPL pstd,05.9.6-Plm ltr 3232.47,19.9.6-LBA,31.10.6-sm clms crt Won
    RBS2
    18.9.6-DPL pstd,08.11.06-plm ltr 1,138.51 Won
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  14. #14

    Talking Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Hi, I was sent exact same letter then received an offer of half of what they owe me. Its to try and get you to back down......... dont!

    Good luck

    Batty

    make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back

    Batty_uk
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  15. #15

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    yes i had the same letter too i have issued my court claim on line yesterday
    good luck


  16. #16

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Sent my letter back today letter before actionicon. They should receive it today. I will wait for reply. Will keep you informed as to outcome.
    Good Luck to all of you.


  17. #17

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Hi there,

    I've had exactly the same letter, and to be perfectly honest it makes me hoping mad!. I will go on!, but how do i respond to this?, send another letter? i.e. letter before actionicon?.

    Cheers
    j

    Data Protection Letter RBS 18/10/06
    Preliminary approch letter - RBS for 984.68 08/11/06
    Data Protection Letter MBNA 18/10/06
    Amount charged 1,126.25
    Data Protection Letter Barclaycard 18/10/06
    Amount charged TBC
    Data Protection Letter HBOS 07/11/06
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  18. #18

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    lbaicon and make sure that you add any additional charges that you may have incurred since you sent the original Request for Payment Letter. I'm just about to send mine and I've also added;

    Please also be aware that I am a member of the Consumer Action Group. May I suggest therefore that it would be prudent for you to respond positively to this letter and not issue the standard delaying response which will only prolong this matter and incur the bank additional charges as I fully intend to take this matter to an acceptable resolution?

    Hopefully this will make them get their finger out but I'll let you know!!


  19. #19

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    hi,
    I got exactly the same letter on 31st October, so I sent off my lbaicon on the 6th November and recieved my offer on 13th November.
    I sent off my rejection letter on 15th November, and start my court claim on 20th November if they do not settle.
    So just send your lbaicon off and sit back and wait.
    regards
    kev

    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  20. #20

    Default Re: We will not be refunding any of the charges

    Me too! Stuck to my schedule & one bank has just sent a cheque for a third of my claim (which has been torn in half & returned today!)

    Not bad to say they weren't refunding charges eh! They will change their tune at some point - don't worry!

    links to my current claims ...
    My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa
    chezt V RBS Mastercard
    Chezt v RBS Joint Account
    chezt v Abbey Credit Card

    Settled ...
    chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance
    chezt v's Studio Cards
    chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

    Next ...
    Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c
    Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)
    Anyone else I can think of ...!
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details