PCN issued By Northern Parking Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well where to start!

I was issued a parking. Charge notice by NPS on 27th December.

I parked in a car park my work has use of with a valid permit.

On the 27th I displayed my permit yet this must have fallen of the dashboard

as after I left work I noticed the notice fixed to my window.

I didn't appeal within the timescale set for a few reasons

yet mainly as I assumed that they where Cowboys.

Despite trying to appeal to their good nature in saying that

I HAVE a valid permit yet it simply fell off, they are sticking to fact that no permit equals a fine

and that I have broken the "contractual law" of the car park.

They also state that they do not have to charge a justifiable figure nor does it have to simply cover losses.

I now have 7 days before they will refer this to debt recovery ( I know they can not chase me for money)

yet I am concerned this may go to court and if I lose be left with a considerably higher cost simply f

or not having my permit displayed correctly.

Would totally agree to an pay if I was parking without no permit at all.

I really need some support and guidance with how to now progress.

NPS will not issue a rejection letter as I haven't appealed in 28days.

I have been told my charge is NON POFA. Does this make for a better case?

Please help

Hello and welcome to CAG.

These cases don't often go to court, I wouldn't worry about that at this stage. As you say, debt collectors have no powers.

The guys should be along later with advice for you. Is it possible to upload the letter minus any identifying details, please? It could be helpful to see it.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello and welcome to CAG.

These cases don't often go to court, I wouldn't worry about that at this stage. As you say, debt collectors have no powers.

The guys should be along later with advice for you. Is it possible to upload the letter minus any identifying details, please? It could be helpful to see it.

My best, HB

Hi thanks for your quick reply, I have taken a photo of the letter yet can't seem to upload it to the thread. I only have my phone

Edited by honeybee13

Hi thanks for your quick reply, I have taken a photo of the letter yet can't seem to upload it to the thread. I only have my phone ��

If you click on the word upload in my post or yours, you go to a link that tells you what to do.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome to CAG

In my opinion, the fact you have a permit supersedes any authority this tin pot company have.

As far as I can tell, this company are members of the IPC who have very little interest in the motorist however, a check shows that they took NO court action last year and so far this year, the number is still the same.

An example of why I believe the IPC are biased

Gladstones Solicitors appoint adjudicators to their 'independant appeals service' The adjudicators are anonymous so we have no knowledge whether they actually know what they are doing.

The IPC is run by the same directors as Gladstones.

Gladstones assist some of the car park companies in court cases (how can they say they are impartial?)

The IPC do not follow the guidance laid down in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 in appeals but when they go to court they do try.

EDIT. I have unapproved the document as you have left the reference number on it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hopefully I have done this rightnorthern1.pdf

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi and welcome to CAG

In my opinion, the fact you have a permit supersedes any authority this tin pot company have.

As far as I can tell, this company are members of the IPC who have very little interest in the motorist however, a check shows that they took NO court action last year and so far this year, the number is still the same.

An example of why I believe the IPC are biased

Gladstones Solicitors appoint adjudicators to their 'independant appeals service' The adjudicators are anonymous so we have no knowledge whether they actually know what they are doing.

The IPC is run by the same directors as Gladstones.

Gladstones assist some of the car park companies in court cases (how can they say they are impartial?)

The IPC do not follow the guidance laid down in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 in appeals but when they go to court they do try.

EDIT. I have unapproved the document as you have left the reference number on it.

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry about leaving the reference on.

So how can I check if they have taken anyone to court? I did ask them this and they said they had 3 cases currently going to court. Should I pay or see if they take me to court? If they do what are my chances in winning. I do have a valid permit yet they state as it wasn't visible any other circumstances are irrelevant.

It's stressing me out thinking shall I pay it to just stop all the hassle etc. Yet I suppose that's probs why they do it. Just seems like they are bullying me into paying and have no real concern for any other circumstances.

This is from the BMPA

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Northern_Parking_Services_North_East.html

They say they have 3 cases pending! WOW :oops: That many.

You are issued a parking permit. Who by? I would contact whomever issues the permits and tell them in no uncertain terms to get the charge cancelled forthwith.

If a minor miracle occurred and NPS took court action, they would have to prove on the balance of probabilities that you didn't have a permit. I suspect they won't go anywhere near a court and just continue relying on motorist ignorance to get their pocket money.

By taking them seriously you have identified yourself as the driver and thus the debtor. If you hadnt they would have no basis for any claim against you as the keeper of the vehicle.

They dont have a good nature, they are mostly less than honest in their business activities in one way or another and I suspect that the permit system is an administrative convenience and they have no authority to do or say anything to those who are authorised to be there but will maek it look like they have some god given right to demand cash from you.

Thir next step is to use a dca to make threats to get you to pay up. The amount they ask for will undoubtedly be more than the original amount but ask yourself what credit agreement dod you sign that allows this additional fee to be charged? When you realise the answwer to that you then know how their whole business works, insinuation, threats, lies etc.

By taking them seriously you have identified yourself as the driver and thus the debtor. If you hadnt they would have no basis for any claim against you as the keeper of the vehicle.

They dont have a good nature, they are mostly less than honest in their business activities in one way or another and I suspect that the permit system is an administrative convenience and they have no authority to do or say anything to those who are authorised to be there but will maek it look like they have some god given right to demand cash from you.

Thir next step is to use a dca to make threats to get you to pay up. The amount they ask for will undoubtedly be more than the original amount but ask yourself what credit agreement dod you sign that allows this additional fee to be charged? When you realise the answwer to that you then know how their whole business works, insinuation, threats, lies etc.

Thanks for your reply. So the fact that I have contacted them means I won't have a chance of not paying this? I did think how they can advise that my centres it would be effected if taken to court as I haven't entered into a credit agreement.

Pay or ignore? Still undecided. I suppose worst case they take me to court surely the court will say this is unjust and simply a waste of mine and their time due to having a permit.

Do you know if the site says 'permit holders only' and is there any signs that state that you must display the permit? Not that it matters. I would continue to ignore until such time a Letter Before Claim/Action or court papers arrives.

Take pictures of any signs near to where you park. As I said, find out who the parking contract is with (the landowner?) and demand its cancellation. If your firm is the only one that is allowed to use the car park, it is likely they will have contracted them to issue parking charges.

Do you know if the site says 'permit holders only' and is there any signs that state that you must display the permit? Not that it matters. I would continue to ignore until such time a Letter Before Claim/Action or court papers arrives.

Take pictures of any signs near to where you park. As I said, find out who the parking contract is with (the landowner?) and demand its cancellation. If your firm is the only one that is allowed to use the car park, it is likely they will have contracted them to issue parking charges.

Signs are clear and visible. Yet my plea to them was to not deal in fact yet have consideration. Obviously I was soo wrong!! I know who the landowner is the. At park serves several companies yet I will call them tomorrow. Can they cancel the PCN?

Yes they can, The people who contracted with NPS have the power to force them to do so but in some cases they won't as they don't want to antagonise the parking company. It's a case of asking them.

. You have paid to use a facility or have a right to do so. The permit is an administrative convenience tio show others that you have this right. Not showing the permit does not remove those rights but these parking people arent bright so they dont know the difference and anyway, they only make money from slapping tickets on cars and hoping people will pay, regardless of any contractual issues.

If you contact the peopel who actually own the car park make sure that you are not agreeing that any claim or debt is acknowledged but you are just trying to save NPS from taking things further and making fools of themselves

I bet that the contract is with a managing agents so not valid anyway so talking to the managing agents is likewise often pointless.