• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Supervet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else watched this fantastic man at work?

He truly deserves the title Super vet, Professor Noel Fitzpatrick

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Yes very good. Very expensive and he does not mention charges.

He recently said that the treatments are going too far in some cases, with animals being kept alive more for the owners benefit, than the quality of life left for the animal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Vets are expensive... pet insurance is expensive... my dog's insurance with Sainsburys rose from £18 to £56 over a five year period... when I tried to claim for a skin complaint, they turned me down, saying there was a pre existing illness... there wasn't, it was an ear infection which cleared up with treatment... They also acccused me of being out of time to claim... also untrue... I let them know when he started the treatment and because the drugs were new and only sporadically available, I didn't claim straight away... I would have been better off putting my money into a savings account... what a rip off! TB

I can not get pet insurance for my dogs! Had to take my Weimaraner to the vets at the weekend and that cost me £100, most of that cost was for a blood test

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

As both my dogs are elderly ( both rescue dogs ) , ( one is nearly 12 and the other nearly 11 ) a lot of insurance places will not give you insurance, specially if they have ongoing medical problems.

Weimaraners get fatty tumours, ( something to do with genetics ) and most give no problems but some are cancerous, if you can move the lump then fine it is when you can not :(.

The vet wants my dog to have CT,MRI, X-RAYS etc costing up to £400 and she said even then the outcome may not be good.

I did watch The Super vet last night and the surgery on a Great Dane, I have heard him mention costs before and he has actually at times paid for the surgery himself .

Veterinary medicine has come on in leaps and bounds, mainly for dogs. I do think as owners we need to keep some sense of perspective and not be made to feel guilty because we cannot or choose not to spend thousands of pounds on major procedures. We do have a duty to our animals to keep them properly fed, housed and free of pain, to ensure they get necessary veterinary treatment. I see owners prepared to risk the roof over their family's head for an expensive op when there is an alternative at a fraction of the cost and I'm told it's because 'they' love their animal - the obvious implication being that I don't love mine. I see owners putting elderly pets through regimes the like of which they wouldn't dream of making their own grandmother endure. The supervet is a great watch and I do like the guy but there's no way it's the norm and there's no way the rest of us should see it as a measure of a good owner.

Vets are expensive... pet insurance is expensive... my dog's insurance with Sainsburys rose from £18 to £56 over a five year period... when I tried to claim for a skin complaint, they turned me down, saying there was a pre existing illness... there wasn't, it was an ear infection which cleared up with treatment... They also acccused me of being out of time to claim... also untrue... I let them know when he started the treatment and because the drugs were new and only sporadically available, I didn't claim straight away... I would have been better off putting my money into a savings account... what a rip off! TB

Owners are surprised/dismayed at vet costs because we're used to the NHS for humans. It's on a par with the price of private medicine, significantly less in some cases.

The Insurance for both my dogs jumped dramatically when it was confirmed they both had allergies. I took out a 2nd insurance via the vet. This covers them for all their flea / worming treatments - 2 check ups a year and a percentage discount off any item that is not already covered by their main insurance.

I worked out that the cost of the allergy serum and injections was not that expensive so I have cancelled the insurance for her as it was approaching £175.00 per month and they only pay out £100 if she were to die of old age or ill health. Obviously if there was an accident then they would pay out more. The younger dog is a little more adventurous so I am not going to risk him needing expensive vet treatment. so I have continued with his..

Veterinary medicine has come on in leaps and bounds, mainly for dogs. I do think as owners we need to keep some sense of perspective and not be made to feel guilty because we cannot or choose not to spend thousands of pounds on major procedures. We do have a duty to our animals to keep them properly fed, housed and free of pain, to ensure they get necessary veterinary treatment. I see owners prepared to risk the roof over their family's head for an expensive op when there is an alternative at a fraction of the cost and I'm told it's because 'they' love their animal - the obvious implication being that I don't love mine. I see owners putting elderly pets through regimes the like of which they wouldn't dream of making their own grandmother endure. The supervet is a great watch and I do like the guy but there's no way it's the norm and there's no way the rest of us should see it as a measure of a good owner.

I agree, it is amazing what they can do for animals now. I was at the Cambridge Vetinary Hospital a few years ago with my younger dog - he has a design fault (he isn't a dwarf, but wouldn't grow as large as his parents). He is a Jack Russell. The Consultant said that as Toby had the design fault then it wouldn't be necessary to treat him for the "Antebrachial deformity" which was causing his front paws to turn inwards. The cost however, would have been absolutely horrendous and the treatment positively medieval. Anyway, whilst we were waiting for him to be returned from x-ray - I was looking at the Success Board. Prosthetics for dogs who had lost legs/paws. Mobile support trollies for those who had serious hip deformities, absolutely amazing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's not the cost of treatment, but the shenanigans of the insurance companies who look for any loophole they can to get away with not paying out.. Because of my low income, I am entitled to go to the PDSA, however, they refuse to continue to treat any unneutered animals and I won't put my dog through an unnecessary anaesthetic, having previously lost a healthy dog whilst it was undergoing a scan….TB

As both my dogs are elderly ( both rescue dogs ) , ( one is nearly 12 and the other nearly 11 ) a lot of insurance places will not give you insurance, specially if they have ongoing medical problems.

Weimaraners get fatty tumours, ( something to do with genetics ) and most give no problems but some are cancerous, if you can move the lump then fine it is when you can not :(.

The vet wants my dog to have CT,MRI, X-RAYS etc costing up to £400 and she said even then the outcome may not be good.

I did watch The Super vet last night and the surgery on a Great Dane, I have heard him mention costs before and he has actually at times paid for the surgery himself .

I read somewhere that there is a scheme which vets can join and they can provide you with a loan for expensive treatments… TB

I agree… I definitely wouldn't want to put a pet through chemo… it's very sad but you need to do right by them so that they don't suffer.. sometimes that means having to let go. TB

I worked out that the cost of the allergy serum and injections was not that expensive so I have cancelled the insurance for her as it was approaching £175.00 per month and they only pay out £100 if she were to die of old age or ill health. Obviously if there was an accident then they would pay out more. The younger dog is a little more adventurous so I am not going to risk him needing expensive vet treatment. so I have continued with his..

Hi CitizenB… Did you ever find out what your dog is allergic to? Mine is not seasonal, not food… was wondering about house dust mite. He has been on a new immune suppressant called Apoquel, but although it worked great at first, he has started to scratch more and more again… I'm thinking of trying something called Respit… is that the serum you mention? more importantly, is it safe and does it work? I am very reluctant to keep my dog's immune system damped down, especially as he gets older and more susceptible to infections… but I can't bear to see him scratching away… I will do ANYthing to find him some relief! Dreading the summer… not pollen but Adders… I've had THREE dogs hospitalised in the past… the horrible things are in my garden, waiting to pounce on the dogs... TB

Hi CitizenB… Did you ever find out what your dog is allergic to?

Indeed we did - according to our vet I have two 21st Century dogs - allergic in varying degrees to house dust mite - grass - pork (although neither of them have eaten this, it is apparently in a lot of dog foods)

Toby the JR is also allergic to dandelion

and Amber, the Goldie is also allergic to the dry air caused by central heating.

They have monthly jabs which work very well, although in Amber's case it took nearly 2 years for the vaccine to become effective.

I have to be honest, I dont know the name of the vaccine - but I will ask when I go next. Yes, it is very safe and there have been no side effects whatsoever.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is very scary about the adders in your garden !

BCOBS

We also use a shampoo called malaseb for them both. That helped reduce the itching before their allergies were catalogued.

BCOBS

pork (although neither of them have eaten this, it is apparently in a lot of dog foods

Manufacturers have to put a minimum 4% of the 'named' flavour meat in their product but the rest can be anything else and it doesn't have to be the same recipe for every batch. Beef flavour will have a minimum of 4% beef and the rest of the meat content can be chicken on one run and pork on the next. This is one reason animals will suddenly appear to become intolerant to a food which has previously suited them. The only way round this with manufactured foods is to buy a brand which guarantees novel protein content ie only beef or only chicken. It does cost more but it isn't as expensive as the vet and a lifetime of drugs and there are manufacturers/suppliers who make good, novel protein foods at reasonable prices. I have a 'sensitive' GSD who hasn't had a skin outbreak since I went novel protein and wheat free.

Wow… thanks for all the posts! I shall definitely look up Dermacton and the novel protein route… (Any more info on that would be greatly appreciated)...I am already using Malaseb twice a week. At one point I spent weeks living on beans on toast so that he could have duck fillets, sweet potatoes and green beans all freshly cooked… didn't stop the itching but he certainly looked forwards to dinnertime! I have tried raw, and again, it didn't make any difference and he wasn't too keen… the other dog throws up raw stuff, too. I have tried really expensive (£2.50 a can) Lilly's Kitchen, but nothing seems to work, so I really think it could be a house dust mite thing… I have very litre in the way of soft furnishings and mop and hoover our hard floors. The vet even suggested that he may be allergic to the other dog's dander! I had to laugh at dandelions… never heard of that one! But it's really no laughing matter when your dogs can't rest. The Apoquel works up to a point, but he gets flare ups and hot spots… I have been using a steroid cream on him this week…The last vet consultation was £120… my income is about £140 a week… so what with the insurance premiums and the Apoquel, I can hardly afford to eat. I would like to try the serum and vaccine… just worried that his immune system having been damped down for so long will go into overdrive with the vaccine… many thanks again for all the advice to help my dear little dog. I will let you know how I get on. TB

That is very scary about the adders in your garden !

I hate the nasty things… I am so nervous about the dogs being bitten as I am half an hour by car from the nearest vet… a bite can kill in minutes, especially when it involves the face… they ALWAYS bite the face. I have been 'lucky' so far as we manage to stabilise the dogs in time… but it always involves the dogs being put on a drip, etc...… just awful, and so expensive, too!:-( TB

pork (although neither of them have eaten this, it is apparently in a lot of dog foods

Manufacturers have to put a minimum 4% of the 'named' flavour meat in their product but the rest can be anything else and it doesn't have to be the same recipe for every batch. Beef flavour will have a minimum of 4% beef and the rest of the meat content can be chicken on one run and pork on the next. This is one reason animals will suddenly appear to become intolerant to a food which has previously suited them. The only way round this with manufactured foods is to buy a brand which guarantees novel protein content ie only beef or only chicken. It does cost more but it isn't as expensive as the vet and a lifetime of drugs and there are manufacturers/suppliers who make good, novel protein foods at reasonable prices. I have a 'sensitive' GSD who hasn't had a skin outbreak since I went novel protein and wheat free.

Really, only 4% is that not misleading the customer ?

BCOBS

I hate the nasty things… I am so nervous about the dogs being bitten as I am half an hour by car from the nearest vet… a bite can kill in minutes, especially when it involves the face… they ALWAYS bite the face. I have been 'lucky' so far as we manage to stabilise the dogs in time… but it always involves the dogs being put on a drip, etc...… just awful, and so expensive, too!:-( TB

Is there no way of getting rid of the adders ?

BCOBS

Is there no way of getting rid of the adders ?
No… they are a protected species! (That doesn't stop my neighbour from chopping their heads off with a spade..) But if I could find a deterrent, I would definitely use it… someone said they don't like the small of Jeyes Fluid… I'd be reluctant to go pouring poison all over the place though as we have lizards, slow worms, newts and other wonderful wildlife here… The anxiety I feel at the though that my dogs will be bitten is overwhelming… enough to make me want to move away… TB