Hillies/Restons claimform - mbna card 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

minkie64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Willy waving

Ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

This has been quiet for a couple of months and in the week I got a letter from Restons

Proceedings were issued against you in line with instructions we received.

Our client has taken the decision to discontinue those proceedings ad we hereby enclose by way of service a Notice of Discontinuance which has also been filed with the court.

Please be aware that although the Claim against you has been discontinued, this does not mean that the debt has been written off or that you are no longer liable to repay it, Any adverse entries on your credit file will remain until the debt has been repaid or until 6 years have passed since the default was registered.

We are now closing our file. Any future payment or correspondence are to be sent to ME III Limited.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone here that has helped with this...I know it's not gone away completely and Im not sure what happens next, but I feel it's a huge relief that Restons are closing the file.

what happens next

you TOTALLY ignore them!!

well done

great win against the nasty restons!!

one up for CAG!!

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent...a good result minkie.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Having heard nothing for 5 months I've just had a letter in the post...from Cabot

welcome back to Cabot

Your account was with our solicitors but we decided not to pursue legal action on your account at this time.

Your balance still needs to be paid, and we would like to help you do this by providing you with some options :

Monthly plan built around what you can afford or discount depending on your affordability you may be eligible for a discount on your balance.

Once you had settled your account you will receive a letter to let you know the account is closed,

contact us on xxxx

the balance has now gone up to £928.22 - can they add the court fees on???

any advice on what to do next?

thanks

Add on whatever they wish...they wont be getting it :wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ignore them

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi

So this has  been quiet Since Feb 17...till 7th March  when I got a letter from Resolvecall

Creditor DLC - MBNA

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

We are acting on behalf of Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd who have purchased you account from DLC - MBNA.

We have been instructed to contact you to out you back in touch with Cabot who will aim to find an amicable resolution which is affordable, based on your circumstances.

We would ask you contact Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd on 0345 xxxx within 7 days to discuss this matter or if you prefer, we can send one of our representatives to make a personal visit to your home.

The purpose of this visit is to offer to assist you in contacting our client to discuss your account and offer personal support to review your options and to resolve the matter.

Please do not ignore this letter. Act now to have a positive discussion about your account.

Then their contact details..

Of course I just filed it with all the other paperwork.

BUT

I have just had a visit from Resolvecall. I had a neighbour in with me so denied anyone by this name lived here. He left an envelope with contact details and asked me to call.

HELP

what do I do???

TIA