CCJ - 28 days start date?

bulletfoss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been issued a CCJ for £240 - this was because I contested what I owed a creditor (partial admission), and although I won - I still had a CCJ issued for the remaining £240.

Unfortunately I don't know when the court hearing took place or when the decision was made to enter judgement.

This was due to a house move and poor admin on my part (the claim was so old, I forgot about it basically).

I didn't know anything about a judgement until I randomly logged into my MCOL portal on 26/02/16 to have a look and I saw that Judgement had been issued against me on 10/02/16.

I immediately phoned the creditor and made the £240 payment on the same day.

My problem is that I have read in so many places that the 28 day judgement removal period applies from the day of the HEARING - not the date of "issue".

Please see screenshot... did I make the payment in time for automatic removal of the CCJ?

or did have I misunderstood the usage of terminoligy here?

jdjment.JPG

date of judgement

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

date of judgement

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean?

What is the "date of judgement"? Would the "issue date" match this?

Did I make the payment in time?

If not, then what date is being reflected on the MCOL portal?

it should not be showing

if you have proof you paid it

then inform the court and get it removed

its one month not 28days

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you get a receipt for the payment ? If the creditor hasn't told the court you have paid you will need receipt to prove it.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok - here's what I'm trying to determine.

Does the 28 day window start from the day the judge makes his decision in court?

Or does it start from the date of issue?

Or is the "date of issue" the same date the judgement decision was reached?

I'm just trying to work out if I paid in time, or if I missed that initial window.

On what date did you make the payment?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

On what date did you make the payment?

I didn't know anything about a judgement until I randomly logged into my MCOL portal on 26/02/16 to have a look and I saw that Judgement had been issued against me on 10/02/16.

I immediately phoned the creditor and made the £240 payment on the same day.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I assume you paid via card?

If you have no receipt from the OC your bank statement will suffice.

As you have paid within 28 days it should be automatically removed, providing the OC informs the court.

If you have the CCJ ref no ring the court and check if they have been notified.

I would also check with the OC and their sols to check they have informed the court its paid in full

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Just for info it woukd never be from the date of issue, issuing a ckaim does not mean an automatic ccj. Its not a ccj until a judge orders it is, which is the date of the judgement

Just for info it woukd never be from the date of issue, issuing a ckaim does not mean an automatic ccj. Its not a ccj until a judge orders it is, which is the date of the judgement

See the original screenshot I posted. It says "A judgement was issued against you on 10/02/16"

I just want to know if this is the date that the 28-day period starts, can anyone confirm this?

I just want to know if this is the date that the 28-day period starts, can anyone confirm this?

Yes it is

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes it is

Many thanks, I will contact the court to see if they have received instructions that the debt is paid.

Can you not request a copy of the of the order/judgment from the court that issued just to be sure?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes thats correct and day 1 is the date of issue of the judgement so in this case, day 1 is 10/2/16