Vehicle Control Services & BW Legal letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I need some advice please on how to deal with this:

I received a PCN for overstaying in Manchester on July 22 2015, it was left on my window. I ignored it waiting for the NTK to arrive but it never did. I then started to receive several letters from Rossendale Collects, the last one to arrive was mid/end November 2015.

Last week I received 2 letters in the same envelope. The first was from VCS Ltd saying the 'account balance' has been sent to BW Legal and to contact them about the charge. The second letter from BW states they will 'take our clients instructions to commence legal proceedings against you in the form of a county court claim form in the county court'. It seems really odd that 2 separate organisations would use the same envelope, maybe a way of cutting down on costs maybe? Is this something I can file under 'trash' or do I need to contact POPLA? Or has that window of opportunity closed? To be clear, I have never corresponded with any of this companies.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

How can contacting the DVLA ring bells with VCS, who have to pay to use the look up service and have to provide a lawful reason for doing so and can never ever see who else has looked up YOUR data? Get a grip.

Anyway, back to business. These letters are known as threatograms as they threaten that they MAy do this or "recommend" that somethig else happens but the truth is that dca's dont own the debt so are just toothless wonders and can be ignored. Dont write to them as they think you are then worried and will send you more letters threatening even more costs, death of your elderly relatives, locusts by the plague full etc.

As you got 2 letters in the envelope it shows who BW legal are, the desk next to the bin in the parking co's office.

Keep all of the correspondence you receive just in case VCS play the stupid card and try their luck but if you do get a letter befre action or letter before claim from them you should respond to show them that you arent ignoring them per se, just their silly taradiddles. If you get that lba come back here and we will compose a suitable response. VCS dont use the PoFA to create a keeper liability so they can only chase the driver and they have to prove who that was. There are another dozen ways of beating these claoms but dont waset your time correcting their errors unless it goes as far as court because they wont want to listen and I like to make them pay, rather than the recipient always funding their enterprise.

Hi

Here is a little clarity on BW Legal. They used to be the main solicitor used by Lowell debt collectors until Lowell started their own legal section. It now appears that BW are scraping the bottom of the barrel by chasing parking charges. It remains to be seen if they will follow up with legal action but if their track record is anything to go by, they will fail.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE