Welcome finance secured loan help needed **WON CHARGE REMOVED

baggies2016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also, i have gone through the charges, they total 3.7K including compound interest.

If they did refund them still leaves me just under 10K outstanding, better than 13.2K but they are still making a killing with interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update my thread.

I sent Welcome another complaint about my account,

I listed the 4k of charges and complained of irresponsible lending on the first re-write (the re-write I was aware of) on the basis that they shouldn't have increased my credit when I had been missing payments.

The balance on my secured account is just under 14K,

I also had an HP agreement with added PPI, charges etc with a balance of 16K.

They cannot supply CCA's for either account.

In my letter I made a Goodwill offer of 4K to clear both accounts and the removal of the secured Charge.

I had a letter refusing the grounds of the complaint but accepting the offer providing I sign to say that I will not claim PPI or charges in the future.

I made certain the short settlement agreement contained written evidence that they would remove the charge.

I had to speak to them a few times to get the wording right as they would send it over with a very vague terminology.

I must say that having dealt with Welcome for many years I was shocked,

they really seemed to want to cooperate to get this sorted and were actually very nice

. They put in writing everything I requested.

Paid the 4k and within days Land registry have removed the charge,

Welcome must have done this electronically.

I might have been able to have challenged this without paying 4K but I can now sell my house and get on with my life.

Big thanks to DX and good luck Cruz..........

Ps must be stoklholm syndrome for me to say they was being nice :)

That's an excellent result.

How did you word it did you put much in the letter so I got some pointers to use??

I'm probably going to have to add to it as looks like it was rewrite after rewrite.

There's a lot more outstanding on last loan it was for almost 30 grand and with interest over 300 months meant in total paid would be 69000.

Settlement figure was around 25 grand.

Dx has kindly totalled up ppi and its £2505.85 with £2746.14 to come off loan outstanding charge is dated 2 years prior to loan agreement

Now this is great

I had via in house contacts heard they had done this for 1000's

And subsequently saw on here lots had simply seen their LR files wiped

Was not sure it was still something on the table

Cruz off you go now your turn

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just drafted a standard letter, I stated that I would wait 14 days then I would go on moneyclaim and start county court action. I also said that I wanted to avoid another FOS complaint and it was better for us both to avoid the costs of court.

14 days passed and I had no response, I phoned them to clarify if it was accepted or rejected and stated that I wouldn't discuss anything other than this. They said it was with the short settlement team and the woman was on holiday. They told me to email the letter to [email protected]. Within 24 hours I had settlement approved just had to get the wording right.

Maybe the KPI's for the staff have been to recover cash at an higher rate....