• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Housing/ housing benefit/homelessness

SHEV90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope someone can help please.

To start with I must point out I have mental health problems

and and have just been put in the support group for esa

for 18 months due to my problems.for 5 years on and off

I have tried to get on housing register and it has been so hard to get on it

the council have never accepted me being homeless

they have put me in emergency accommodation

and then they say I've intentionally made myself homeless

because I don't get on well with people so it's my fault

I had 90 points and then 5 years ago they took all most all my points away left me 2 points.

recently I've tried again to apply for homeless again they said that I wasn't on enough mental health meds!!

So I wasn't a priority they said, even my doctor sent a letter saying I was vulnerable adult with mental health

and needed help

they said they needed to know exactly how vulnerable I was

they decided I wasn't priority they had no duty to me,

even shelter said that they were discriminating against me

I appealed and they said I had arrears for 2 weeks stay in temporary accommodation in 2011 or 2012

but I had applied for benefits to cover the stay

they said I owed fifty pounds for a one night b n b stay

but I had phoned council to say a friend was going to put me up so wasn't need .

last November council said I can't go on register because I have 700 debt from 2 weeks temp accommodation

and the bnb thing.

My mum and I went to council and said prove the debt please

because in all these years since I have never had anything from housing to say we have debt please.

she said perhaps we couldn't find you or your lying.

they said we can't help

I said I'm homeless they said nothing

I found a room in a house because I panicked and the room is a plaster board wall put up to cut up half kitchen off

I have no door I have sheet up to block it off to give some privacy

people are in kitchen at all times cooker doesn't work hob doesn't work.

My anxieties and stress and mental health is really bad at moment

I can't cope with not knowing whose coming into this property

I have ptsd which I'm on high alert at all times.

So council have not responded to my prove debt.

Doctor has written another letter to say I need help with housing

so I can be in control of my own front door so council have finally awarded me 30 points today

but suspended it due to arrears

now council have known where I am since last year still not arrears letters .

I would like to know do I have any rights because they left it so long

I know they hate me there because I'm not easy person to get on with

I get very agitated building up to speak to them

I'm stressed but I want and need help with housing.

Sorry it's long winded this.

TIA.

Hi

Could you please clarify a few things:

1. What happened and when did you become homeless?

2. What date were you initially classed as Intentionally Homeless by the Council?

3. How long have they been putting you up in ememgency accommodation?

4. Have they fully explained there reason for you been classed as Intentionally Homeless

You and your mum are both correct to challenge the council to prove the debt and you are entitled to that proof.

With your medical condition as well as the GP are you seeing anyone else for treatment?

(The reason I ask this is the more letters from medical professionals you can get to back your case the better)

You do need to challenge the Council on the debt so make a Formal Complaint in writing (I know this may be difficult)

Asking them to Prove the debt and that you require copies of the following:

1. Council Homelessness Policy.

2. Complaints Procedure.

3. Complete breakdown of the debt owed.

Also have a look at CAGs Homelessness Sources of Interest

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?439484-Homelessness-Sources-of-Interest-**Correct-as-at-January-2015**

(I know this may be difficult)

You need to keep everything in writing as you need to keep a good paper trail on this (ensure to keep copies of all letters and get free proof of posting from the post office)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi, September 1st 2015 was when I went to council they put me in b& b one night asked me to go back to council next day then said they have no duty to house me so that's it I found room that's not suitable,

I have applied for homeless couple of times they give me points then take them away or suspended them but they won't let me on list to bid,

I was under mental health team where I have been diagnosed with more mental health problems been put on more meds to cope with things but due to shortages been put back under my doctor he has been so good looking after me.

And now my going on esa support group for 18 months proves I'm struggling. When we were refused anything from council and them saying I have this debt 500 plus for 2 week b& b stay 50 for one night stay I didn't take up & one pound something my mum keeps all paperwork from council November

we asked for proof they have never given it to us the debt is from 2011 or 2012 the thing is I have never had letter from them to say debt exists before last year surely council would have tried to get it back before now? It's like every time they give me points they take them away or I can't do anything with them .

I honestly feel discriminated I went to a solicitor they said they can only help with homelessness.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

No I have no support apart from my doctor and my mum.

That's a shame.

When a family member had a mental health problem, the hospital or the GP found them a CPN [community psychiatric nurse] and a social worker, I believe. From the benefits forum on CAG, I know that CPNs are really good.

Could your GP recommend you to someone like that? S/he might need to go back to the mental health team for further help for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I will go back to doctors when I came out of hospital I was told I would have a cpn but it never happened, my mum has taken letter to council asking proof of the debts and has asked why haven't they been in contact before now when it could have been sorted and cleared if owed. Makes me more anxious that I'm going to be here for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I don't know what to do regarding the council housing options have suspended me bidding due to arrears they say that when I was in hostel

I didn't sort housing benefit out which I did but there saying I didn't so anyway I'm having to pay 770 of for 25 days I was there so I have set up payment plan of 2.50 a week I'm on esa so now I have my payment card arrears team said if I stick to plan the suspension will be dropped when they see regular payments so I've asked housing options how much do I have to pay to get to be able to bid

they said it doesn't work like that they don't have to tell me it's assessed on sticking to plan . My mum said she would pay off quicker to get me to bid now there saying they are going to assess my behaviour five years

I've tried to get on housing list and they keep moving goal posts. Ok I know I'm not easy to get on with and because of my mental health and how agitated I get and anxious I get edgy speaking to them so I come across a bit stressed

I honestly feel the council are not right what there doing I just want help with somewhere to live to shut my door and be left to myself how do I get the help I need just to have a home n support with my mental health.

My mum says if she paid the full amount off or paid as much as she can and then I can't bid because council don't like my behaviour from the assessment I feel I'm in a no win situation really.

My mum said I could private rent and the 770 could be deposit I don't know how much hb I could get on my own.

What help can I get if I don't feel I'm being treated right.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have had full housing duty accepted today I have been in temporary accommodation for 4 weeks which has really stressed me out don't get me wrong I'm pleased that they put me somewhere while waiting but my anxiety about being round strangers sharing bathrooms and kitchen has made me not cook all the time I've been there I'm bathing at my mums house and grabbed food while there my whole routine is a mess. My doctor wrote a letter to say im struggling in temporary and please find permanent accommodation as soon as possible. Today my support worker came and saw me and said I have 2 options temporary accommodation but less people own shower but still shared kitchen and I said ok but I still wouldn't cook he said just put toast in toaster or something or second option they give me somewhere like a flat and stay linked in with mental health and after year I have full tenancy I don't want the hostel place again can I refuse that option he said housing manager would decide I'm panicking now I've done it wrong. TIA.

Hi SHE90

I can appreciate your anxiety and that the Support Worker should have explained things more clearly to you as well.

From what you have posted IMO it seems the Support Worker has given you 2 options:

Option 1: Temporary Accommodation with less people, own shower but still with shared kitchen. (So this is only temporary accommodation)

Option 2: A Flat where you stay linked into the Support Team and after 1 year the option of a full tenancy. (This option IMO is them putting you into a Flat of your own with them still supporting you during the tenancy to hopefully after 1 yr being able to take up a full tenancy on your own)

You have done nothing wrong at all I feel it just wasn't explained clearly enough what the options were and what they meant.

What you need to do is contact the Support Worker and just explain that you didn't fully understand the options they offered and if someone could fully explain what the 2 options were so you can fully understand them to make a clear decision.

Remember the Support Worker is there to Support you and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them, they are there to support you.

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Thanks Stu007 thanks for your reply! Even though I have full housing duty council have said they've not made any offer there just saying what options are at the moment.

Regarding the debt from years ago I only now owe 329 and housing register people say if I pay it all off would go in my favour but won't guarantee I can bid for anywhere because they have to look at why I got in arrears in first place! I didn't know I had got into arrears I didn't know housing benefit didn't go through or was stopped going through! I went into hospital 3weeks after I was in hostel in 2012 shelter said don't pay it all off straight away till we know they will let me bid it's will be a negotiation thing.

I had a meltdown a few days ago and I can't stay in this hostel because my stress and anxiety is so bad being around strangers and that I feel I can't do it anymore I ended up talking to my support worker and told him, he said he could see me struggling so we had good chat I said I can't go in different hostel nothing will change my fear stress and anxiety will be the same so he is coming to my appointment with my doctor next week so he is supporting me.

Hi SHEV90

Thanks for the update.

I am glad you have had a good chat with the support worker and that they are now helping you.

Please keep us updated and lets us know how you get on and if you require any further help you know where we are just ask.

• 1 month later...

Hi SHEV90

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing?