Tax credit overpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved your thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I am trying to stop HMRC from taking a large sum of money off me.

I am Autistic and have been told this could work in my favour as when I took out my benefits I did not have capacity

can yiu help

Hello there.

Can you tell us more about what has happened please? Roughly how much do you owe and why do you owe it?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I claimed Tax credits because I did not know how I could claim any other benefits.

Ive been asked to repay over 2,5 grand which is currently on hold as im detained under section 3 of the mental health act 1983.

It is important to say I am not very good with social communicationso bare with me and please make your questions as broad as possible

b4

I claimed Tax credits because I did not know how I could claim any other benefits.

Ive been asked to repay over 2,5 grand which is currently on hold as im detained under section 3 of the mental health act 1983.

It is important to say I am not very good with social communicationso bare with me and please make your questions as broad as possible

b4

Thank you for that. General questions may not be easy, because if you want advice we need information, I'm afraid.

You would normally claim tax credits because you're working and on a low income. Was this the case with you please?

HB

i will try and be as informative as possible

I was not working but told the benefits agency i was.

I was under considerable stress because of the issues I have with communication etc

I was on a low income though

Right, I see, thank you for that.

Does the unit where you are have welfare rights people who can advise you? I ask because a family member was in a similar unit and they helped with financial things.

HB

There even saying they want it paid back in full

but because this syndrome is genetic it is best to consider all the options open to me.

I would like to say if it is appropriate I have 22 deletion syndrome which is a deletion of the 22nd chromosome .

I would like as much info as I can possibly get my hands on.

possibly help on claiming new benefits.

ive tried citizens advice but because of the communication factor and my sensory issues (autism) its difficult to verbally get my point across.

• 4 weeks later...

I said because of my financial incapacity at the time of taking out the tax credits I was not fully aware of what I was doing.

The lady said due to the circumstances and that I have not paid anything towards the overpayment then she will see to it tahtI will not have to pay any amount.

She also said that she will send out a letter or an email if wehn it was complete.

will update this thread and tell you what is going on.

cheers dears

Thanks very much for coming back and letting us know what's happening - it's always appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...