Whats the point

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I take it by the forum you are in that the FOS did you wrong. If so, why not tell us about it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Total whitewash. Disregarded some points. Made up other points to reject complaint.

Satan's bank can, apparently, decide to sign you up to a credit account AGAINST your express wishes.

Its purely a commercial decision on their part.

Then they can charge you when their system sends you over drawn with charges.

And its all above board according to my complaint rejection today.

Does anyone know if the Consumer Rights Act apples to bank accounts?

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

Total whitewash. Disregarded some points. Made up other points to reject complaint.

Satan's bank can, apparently, decide to sign you up to a credit account AGAINST your express wishes.

Its purely a commercial decision on their part.

Then they can charge you when their system sends you over drawn with charges.

And its all above board according to my complaint rejection today.

Does anyone know if the Consumer Rights Act apples to bank accounts?

Is this the Ombudsmans final decision or a decision from an adjudicator? If the adjudicator, you can ask the Ombudsman to look again at it.

You can always reject the Ombudsmans final decision and go to court but you have to understand that the Ombudsman does not use the law when making decisions, that is for the court. they take the evidence, make of it what they will and make a judgement based on that.

In my opinion, the Ombudsman can be hit and miss most of the time so if you are sure of what you are saying, the best route is via the small claims court which is relatively cheap.

Having said that, a bit more background. How can Santander sign you up to a credit agreement?

I would think this case would be covered under BCOBS rather than the CRA 2015

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook?text=BCOBS

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Its from an adjudicator. I think I'm going to reject her conclusion and pursue a more aggressive challenge.

Starting with a SAR and find out if they have a copy of my original application that specifically stated there was never to be any credit facilities.

And I guess I may as well put the Ombudsman on notice whilst I'm at it.

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

You only have so long to escalate it upwards. When you do so, give your reasons as clearly as possible.

A good idea to SAR Santander however make sure that you don't give them any reason to delay.

Proof of ID

Proof of signature

Proof of address

Send them a cheque if you can (£10)or a Postal Order if not. Do not say that they can help themselves to a tenner from your account.

They have 40 days to comply. You would be surprised at how many times I have seen where a bank has sat on a request and then with a few days to spare demand more proof of ID. They don't have to start the 40 days until they are confident you are who you say you are.