Student Finance mess

KRSY123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I could really do with advice on this:

This morning I received an email from UCLAN citing unpaid tuition fees from 2010. I called them as I believed it to be spam because my fees were paid and I didn't stay longer than 1 year.

From the conversation with UCLAN and looking at my online info it turns out I was overpaid £2500 by Student Finance... 6 years ago.

Student Finance have never contacted me about it and I am currently a student again elsewhere but UCLAN have said they're getting in touch with SF to make them aware of the overpayment. I contacted SF myself but they couldn't give me any info at this stage and I would be contacted by their collections team in due course

Is there a length of time by which SF would have to have notified me by? 6 years of not knowing is a pretty long time...

Many Thanks

Kx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i hope you dont mind me asking, how did the overpayment come about, the 2500 was it a bursary or grant or was it tuition fees paid to the actual university, did you spend a year there and transfer elsewhere.

I would doubt they would be able to prejudice your study elsewhere as this could lead to legal actions, if they are treating it as a debt they would have six years from which to pursue you from the date the overpayment occurred, after that date it would be statute barred.