Barclaycard and Monument DPA started

Guest Lueeze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

I have just sent emails and letters to follow requesting DPA info for Monument card (barclays owned) and Barclaycard Gold visa

Will update as and when I hear

Lou xx

And £10 fee?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Lueeze

Of course Lol!

Read all the faq's, templates, cases, experiences for the last 24 hours almost non stop!

THIS STUFF HAS REALLY GOT MY GOAT!!!!

It's the best way to be - if you are really up for the fight then there should be no stopping you, including the possibility of facing them in court.

Good luck, with all your refunds!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Lueeze

Oh im ready to roll on this! Im one fiesty woman when companies try to get one up on me!

I currently have

HSBC

Barclaycard

Monument card

Capital one card x 2

Woolwich account

For me and my partner

So £60 in cheques sent and prob £600 costs to get em to pay as I have 6 accounts going at the same time! ( i know i will get it back tho!)

Best to do it all now rather than wait for each one to be compleated or this could take years!!!

Guest Lueeze

I emailed Barclays and they said I would have to call them / write to them, due to security measures they wont send me my Statements from a email request!

, sent a letter to barclaycard requesting statements , they replied saying that the data is available on receipt of a 10 gbp charge , they go on to say that satements prior to may 2004 are not held on a computer system or a relevant structured filing system and therefore do not fall under the data protection act 1998 . they can be obtailned from the customer service dept at a cost of 3 gbp per staterment .

anyone know if the last part of this is correct and therefore if i wish to have my statements from 2000 then i will have to pay out i would guess about another 100 gbp.??

Guest Lueeze

Im sure that is incorrect they are just being difficult!

Could you start your own thread please? that way it doesnt get confusing and you can keep track of your own claims!

Anyone with the answer to my question out there? Please?

Lou xx

Have you sent your £10 fee and the DPA request in writing?

If not, then do this. It really is the only way to guarantee getting what you need. Several banks have told customers that they will respond to their request (made by telephone or email) and then mysteriously forget, or tell you that a fee and official letter is required.

The letter version + fee means they can't stall

Guest Lueeze

i have today recorded delivery.

they said that the Monument card is different i would have to write to them but they are part of barclays too!

You think they will cooperate via email tho?

Not if they are in the slightest way similar to Halifax - one email every day went unanswered, for a whole week....

Be under no illusion, if they think they can put you off, they will try.

Guest Lueeze

I just had an email from Mark Makin...

He said I have to send a cheque and letter....

I have already had a email saying exactly the same thing so asked him to check if they got my letter and cheque.

He will reply tom.

Cant believe i got that on a sunday.....:o

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lueeze

Okay, have had Statements from monument total £480.00 plus interest to work out.

Nothing From Barclaycard at all apart from a letter saying yes we will send you the statements

Lueeze

I see I got the same reply as you. May I ask what letter you used in response to their 'no structured filing system' letter pse as I am now t the same juncture.

Cheers

Lenny

Guest Lueeze

okay, had the letter from barclays about microfiche argument.

called IC, they just said fill in a complaint, waiting for a call from Barclays.

Will be emailing them today with a letter about non-compliance, and then court action.

I will average the charges over the time i have had the card, and put in a request for that as an estimate, then its up to them to prove otherwise, and this in turn they will HAVE to give me my microfiche to prove i am incorrect!

Pah like im scared Barclaycard!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Lueeze,

Please can you tell us what progress you have made?

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks