Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Cabot asking for payment for LLOYDS TSB credit card debt.

Just sit back and wait for those at Cabot to say we will leave your account on hold as the original credit needs to find the agreement. When that arrives don't start letter tennis its counter productive. Their letter will state they have 40 days to comply not true...

Simply wait and keep ALL letters from Cabot. Then only respond to them within say 30 days between each letter. Then stay off of the phone unless you are recording it....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2016

Default CABOT passed account to RUTHBRIDGE

Good Afternoon,

I'm after some assistance please with the following:-

I received today in the post a letter from CABOT regarding my account. It states that 'as we have not been able to come to a mutual arrangement to repay your account, Cabot Financial will be passing your account out to Ruthbridge Limited, a debt collectionicon agency.'

My previous dealings with Cabot involved me sending an SB letter that was kindly supplied by yourselves. That was over 7 or 8 years ago now and I hadn't heard from them until today.

My question is should I send another SB letter to Ruthbridge or should I just ignore them?. I'm assuming Cabot have sold the debt on and that Ruthbridge will just use slimeball tactics to try and convince me that I still owe.

TIA

Scrivenger

Default Re: CABOT passed account to RUTHBRIDGE

which debt is this
    the citi card
    or
    the Lloyds card

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: CABOT passed account to RUTHBRIDGE

The debt refers to a LLoyds TSB card

threads merged for history

cabot have not sold the debt anywhere

if you read the letter carefully
    you'll see ruths are just another trading name/sol? and their client is cabot.

since you sent the old SB letter
    the rules have change and the FCA CONCicon rules have come into force

send cabot our new SB letter
    in the debt collectionicon section of our libraryicon
    you should then hear nothing more

since

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ok, i'm very grateful for your advice. I will follow it and send a revised SB letter to CABOT. However I am unable to find any refereance in either letter to Ruthbridge being a solicitor. Grateful if you could show me where.

TIA

Scrivenger

correct just another cabot trading name

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks for assistance, very much appreciated. Both letters sent.

both?

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Yes 1 SB letter to both Cabot and Ruthbridge.

just cabot will do
    just get free proof of posting from po counter.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2018

Hi,
    I am new to the site and am interested in this ongoing thread.

As above I have 3 historic accounts (total 7.800) with CABOT and in the past 2 months requested both a SARS and CCA.
    I received the SARS and noticed a number of anomolies in their adminicon which they have now apologised for saying it was due to human error!!

More recently in the past 2 weeks I have been informed by CABOT that they cannot find the CCAs for these accounts and so it is unenforceable!! but they will continue to look for the original documents and in the meantime I should continue to make my monthly payments.

I have been making regulare monthly payments via a DMC for the past 6 yearsicon
    however on the basis of this new enlighting information should I now stop these payments ASAP as it seems I have been paying CABOT for enenforceable bad debts.

Would there be any consequences??

nacro

Follows
    Following

cash cow!!

this thread is for advising scrivenger
    please start a new threadicon<<clickme
    in the debt mamagement company forum and list your debts as well as this enq.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3