• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

cabot chasing 5 year RBS loan debt - debt no contact

parkesy78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

ive recently recieved a letter of cabot finacial chasing a 5 to 6 year old unsecured loan for £7000 from royal bank of scotland that defaulted in october 2010 ,

this is the first time ive recieved a letter in 5 years and ive never made a payment ,

it possibly is my debt

i:e roughly same amount

but theyve sent no other details account no etc and

ive recieved no letter from my old bank,

my question is do i ring and make reduced payments they dont have my phone no yet ?

Or do i send a cca request letter ?

I dont want to get them angry and make things worse and them apply for a ccj ,i

hoping to get on my partners mortgage this year and a ccj is the last thing i need ,charging order etc .

please help thanks

Yep. Before they can start any kind of legal action there's a whole process they have to go through. If they start it, then you go down the CCA route. That's why they start the begging letters hoping you don't know the procedure and they get thousands out of you by simply sending one silly letter.

They don't even have the paperwork for.the debt. they only bother to even see if it exists if you challenge them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

never ever ring a fleecing DCA

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only thing im really worried about is a getting a ccj

i dont want my girlfriend finding out

she owns our house but i pay half the mortgage and wanted to get on the mortgage once my credit report is clear in october 2016

i dont want her to find out and worry,

ive already had my post diverted to sorting office

i just dont want anyone knocking on my door yet ,

would you not advise sending a cca request yet ,

had 3 letters in 1 month just stating the amount owed £7600

no account no of bank of scotland and no terms or repayment plan

there just asking me to ring at the moment

its what we call phishing for a mug to fleece.

door steppers are quite rare now-a-days, and even if they do

as my last post

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have no legal powers whatsoever.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is this account showing on your credit file ?

Even if your credit file is clear in 2016, you will still need to rebuild a credit history, which could take anything up to 12 months ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah citizenB its showing on creditfile defaulted in october 2010 think i stopped paying in febuary 2010 though ?

Sorry to myther would everyone agree to ignore the letters for now till i recieve something serious ? Thanks for help just worried tried ringing debtline but shut till january the 4th

do you live in scotland or the rest of the UK? but generally as they say await to see if they start threatening with letters or as also stated they may be phishing in the hope they get you to panic, just stay on here no need for debt line as on here they are dealing with these situations everyday, do not panic as you will tend to make mistakes and that can cost you dearly.

try and find out your last payment date, as if february 2010 would make it statute barred from march 2016 in eng/wales, and already statute barred if you live in scotland, as long as you have not admitted within this period of time the debt??

just follow the advice on this forum no phone calls to DCAs etc;

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

cabot are currently chasing a ton of unenforceable debts. They may try to chance their arm in court, but its unlikely theyll win.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The last thing i want to do renegadeimp is take a chance going to court

my credit report will be clear begining october ,should i wait or cca request them or arrange payments i can only afford £25 a month at the minute ?? I dont want a ccj

cabot are currently chasing a ton of unenforceable debts. They may try to chance their arm in court, but its unlikely theyll win.

The last thing i want to do renegadeimp is take a chance going to court

my credit report will be clear begining october

,should i wait or*CCA Request*them or arrange payments

i can only afford £25 a month at the minute ??

I dont want a ccj

Don't go falling for those threatograms. If they want to do court, there's a proper procedure to be done first.

The fact the oc sold that debt and took a loss is telling enough. They could have easily gone to court themselves. Sit tight and wait.

Don't go falling for those threatograms. If they want to do court, there's a proper procedure to be done first.

The fact the oc sold that debt and took a loss is telling enough. They could have easily gone to court themselves. Sit tight and wait.

Thanks

Also, as mentioned previously there is a long way to go before it even got to a CCJ stage. IF a claim was issued, then you can still defend, and IF they produced compliant paperwork there would still be a mediation option where you could negotiate a settlement without it having to result in a CCJ

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If I mean if you do send a CCA to Cabot they will state that they do not hold this information and need to write to the OC. The letter will also state they need 40 days to comply.

This is in fact incorrect. It's 12 + 2 days that's all. Keep this letter to use if I mean if it goes to Court then produce it in your defence bundle.

There are rules on how long it takes for creditors to comply with lawful requests. Like I said earlier ignore. If this is already on your credit file then it will remain there for 6 years regardless until it expires....

DO NOT CONTACT THEM. Let them do all of the running. But keep and eye out for any Court documents ok?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

They should make it illegal for a DCA to harass someone for payment or even start a court claim if they dont have the CCA.

If I mean if you do send a CCA to Cabot they will state that they do not hold this information and need to write to the OC. The letter will also state they need 40 days to comply.

This is in fact incorrect. It's 12 + 2 days that's all. Keep this letter to use if I mean if it goes to Court then produce it in your defence bundle.

There are rules on how long it takes for creditors to comply with lawful requests. Like I said earlier ignore. If this is already on your credit file then it will remain there for 6 years regardless until it expires....

DO NOT CONTACT THEM. Let them do all of the running. But keep and eye out for any Court documents ok?

Yeah will do thanks for the advise

Just a quick up update

received another letter nothing threatening yet

just sent a form with it asking for my outgoings

ive still not replied ,

i went into my bank today and asked when i opened my new account

they said 16th of febuary 2010 and im quite certain i stopped paying when i opened my new account

ive had no contact since

its the first time ive recieved letters

my default wasnt till october 2010 though 6 month later

,is statute barred from default date or last payment ?

Thanks again

payment + 1 month to be sure.

so not long.

and they

no

you really need to be reading around

cag is a self help site tooo.......

dx

and they

Yep. Plenty of very good info in thousands of threads on here. Time to do your homework