How to complain about ATOS

ismylife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a correct way to raise a complaint about the way ATOS have handled my assessment?

I've been messed about from the beginning, finally got a home assessment booked for just before Christmas which they then cancelled less than 18 hours before the time.

They sent me another date for 3 weeks later but I'll be in hospital recovering from a major op a few days before then.

Phoned and explained, had to 'request' a call back from a supervisor, explained it all again the next day and the upshot from this is today I receive no less than 4 letters.

Two are identical and are as if I have only just begun my claim, one advises me they cannot do this by a paper-based assessment (I told them that) and the fourth is yet another appointment for the day after the last one they sent out.

IF by some miracle I am fit enough to return home, it won't be until that day and I'm going to be very stressed and needing loads of help to just get back settled in as I live on my own and have no-one to support me.

But I may not be fit enough to come home that day or the next and it's setting me up to fail because I won't be able to keep the appointment.

So far I have been given no less than 5 different appointments since November and I'm just losing it completely.

Is there an official complaint process because I cannot seem to find it on their website at all.

I'm finding it very difficult to even read their website too because it's small pale font and it's so much information to wade through to realise I cannot find the answer I'm looking for.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send a letter to ATOS (I'll try to find the email address I had for my complaint a couple of years ago and post back later) clearly marked 'Complaint' and also send a copy to DWP. Set out in numbered paragraphs what has happened so far, and at the end state what you want them to do, i.e. make and keep an appointment during the week(s) of xxxx, but not on x day(s) due to prior appointments/commitments. Obviously be as flexible as you can, but give yourself at least a couple of days between leaving hospital and the appointment.

Messing people around and cancelling appointments at short notice is unfortunately standard practice for ATOS - my last one was cancelled with no notice at all and during my ESA claim two years ago they made and cancelled 11 appointments before finally turning up. Be aware that if/when they do turn up, they are often 15 minutes or more early. Make sure you have copies of whatever you have submitted and it may help if you go through each of the descriptors which you think should apply and make notes for yourself about what it is you can't do and why, with specific examples if you can think of any. E.g. Due to my poor grip I cannot peel vegetables as I cannot hold even an easy grip peeler tight enough. The last time I tried to peel potatoes my husband had to take over as after half an hour I had only finished one.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.