Creation Store Card reclaim late fees

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CFS have appointed a DCA - who keep sending me letters about the debt. Can they do this whilst it is in the court system? I thought that once an account was disputed that all collection activity had to stop? They also keep noting the account as defaulted each month....

Is there a template letter I can use to get rid of the dca?

Can I send the dca something along the lines of:

I refer to your letter of xx, the content of which is noted.

The account to which you refer has been in dispute with your client since xx.

Furthermore, I have issued a Court Claim against your client

- they are the Defendant; I am the Claimant.

The debt amount in question is disputed and the default issued against me is erroneous.

My claim against your client is for a far greater sum than the amount you allege I owe.

In the circumstances, your/your clients threat of legal action appears to be not only redundant,

but a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008

and the FCA's consumer credit sourcebook

Claims made by you or your client will be robustly defended and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches.

I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the attention of the Court

when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Hi Mum,

It's a bit longer than I'd have written which would be :-

I refer to demands made by you in respect of the alleged debt.

This matter is in clear dispute and is currently the subject of court action taken by me against the Defendant who is your client.

You should contact your client for confirmation about the court action and ensure that no further demands are made, until my court claim is resolved.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Update

I have received allocation and directions

I have 7 weeks to compile all info to help my case, or to negotiate with them on a settlement.

Might I next expect a letter from the same Sols about settling?

Hi Mum,

Can you confirm the date by which you must file and serve your bundles.

The sol'rs will be in no hurry to settle and it is YOU who should make the first move. They'll be paid regardless of the outcome.

You can write to them saying, "I have received Directions from the court setting out the dates for submission of evidence and the hearing date.

I will shortly begin finalising my evidence which will involve considerable time and expense.

In order to avoid further use of the courts resources, and the costs involved in ongoing litigation, I invite you to settle my claim as filed.

In order to communicate faster, you may wish to reply by email to [email protected] "

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

The date docs need to be presented is 1st July.

I have never had any correspondence from CFS. They never replied to any letters.

So I guess maybe I assume the dca chasing me for payment of the debt is the same dca to contact regarding settlement?

No mum any settlement correspondence goes to the sols not the dca

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Mum,

Apart from the letters above, ignore CFS completely.

Negotiations will be with the sol'rs defending BC in litigation.

• 3 weeks later...

Internal Sols for CFS??

I have apx 4weeks before the hearing.

So I think I need to get my skates on.

I will draft a letter tomorrow.

I just checked my file and their defence came from internal sols so will send to them....

(I have been slow with this as very busy with other work/personal issues)

Hi Mum,

Use the draft in post that post earlier if you haven't sent it already.

It should go to the internal sol'rs as you say.

Hi Mum,

I don't see a need to use Without Prejudice.

So NO news from CFS

I have another case with Barc that needs my attention - have to present docs by Tues. So am under pressure.

BUT - this is looming very close. I need to produce bundles for the court/defence within 3 weeks. And have not started yet.

So what date is this hearing ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished an epic few days compiling docs for another case which had a looming deadline.

I am now turning my attention to all the docs (bundle) that need preparing for this case.

I assume - unless someone tells me I am wrong - that I can now edit my other docs to suit here????

I do have a query though.

I have been packing/moving and somehow the file of card statements has gone missing :-(

So I have NO statements to include in my bundle.

Is this a major problem? ie if I don't have the statements I can't prove the penalty charges??

I have the dates and all our correspondence in a separate file on my desk. I just cant find the big file of statements.

Can I now (today) write to CFS asking for statement copies of the dates I am contesting?

It is very late in the game - as my full bundle needs to be delivered by next Friday.

T&Cs - does anyone have CFS T&Cs from 2003 and/or 2004?

Anyone?

Hi Mum,

The 2 claims are based on the same principles so, with careful editing to reflect this being a store card case, the same doc'ts can be used.

I suggest you send off an SAR immediately for the statements. Or make it a top priority to find the "file of card statements" you refer to. I don't know if you can refer the the actual statements in the bundle and state "to follow due to house moving", so you can fwd them on receipt.

I'd like Andyorch to comment about this and will ask him for input.

Hi Mum,

Andyorch has replied :-

Just disclose the spreadsheet...that should contain and constitute the validity of the claim ... without the need of every single statement.The spread sheet I assume would be an exhibit to a witness statement which would contain a statement of truth.

Thanks Slick Not many were looking here so added it to my other page and yes, he did reply there. So kind of sorted on statements ;-)

Now just need to prepare the bundle today/tomorrow.

Going to be a busy morning....

Just one thing - I'm moving very soon. Mail will be on divert. Should I tell the courts my temp address or just leave the mail on divert?

Just not sure if recorded/special delivery needing a sig is ok on divert? Or should I give them the temp address?

(Its just a temp before find a more permanent base...)

re: storecard editing - yes I definitely need to do this as my POC was full of errors calling them bank or bankcard etc... Have been going through my witness statement altering every 'bank' to storecard.... They did pick up on this.... I'm a newbie - they all seem the same to me!!

Is receipt of docs ok 14 days in advance?

Just trying to give me more time to complete this week!

You must do as the directions say mum, deliver the docs to the court and the other side's solicitors, 14 days before the hearing

Edited by martin2006

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Ok thanks.

Working hard now.

I am struggling to find T&Cs for 2003 / 2004.

I really, really need to find some - as I need to refer to them in the Witness Statement.

ANYONE?

I understand there is a work in progress section in the library for old T&Cs. I just tried to access the library and it says I don't have access to that area. Has it moved? Or do I need to do something else?

Just a thought:

The Prelim letter I wrote asked CFS to send me the t&cs in force at time of account opening and any amendments subsequently. They were requested under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6c. I mentioned that failure to forward these t&cs would be brought to the attention of the court if I was obliged to commence legal court action.

CFS never replied; never sent the T&Cs.

Should I mention this in my statement?

Its all part of their none compliance to any section 77/78 request

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread