blemain/together mortgage - now on 3rd eviction notice - Friday 11th Dec

maggie60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just be honest about what you can pay and when - if it turns out you can pay more then that's a bonus but the worst thing you can do is say you will make XXX payment and then not be able to do it.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true Ell-en.

If I write to them and send by special delivery offering the following:

1. Request confirmation of the current arrears so I can reconcile it and make sure there are no hidden charges.

2. In a weeks time when the next payment falls due make one monthly payment of £750 in line with the court order. This way I do not fall a further month behind.

3. One week later make a further payment of £750. (I can make this payment even if the £950 I am due in on the 27th dec doesn't arrive. Once that is in I will have £900 plus £300 emergency reserve and decide whether I can make another payment).

4. Offer to make a payment of £750 by 6th bringing the court order up to dare and the arrears reduced by £2,000 since the order was made last March.

5. Request they advise me by post or text they are agreeable.

6. If they aren't and I have to go to court and manage to scrape through raise a SAG.

Sorted for now, decided to ring them and they have agreed to suspend the eviction if I get the court arrears up to date which I have now done and they agreed to paying to payment due shortly at the end of the month.

So will get SAR sorted in the new year. Have many been successful in getting fees deducted by Blemain - from what I have read, no recoirded cases.

This is ridiculous, when I just checked to ensure they had received the £1,500 to cover the two months arrears on the court order they told me that the two collection officers I had spoken to had made a mistake and the full arrears was still needed by stop the warrant.

He was quite surprised when I said I had full recordings of all the conversations and said he would get a complaints officer to review the calls and contact me within 3 working days so I had better transcribe the calls over the weekend.

Feck!!! Just got a call from Blemain saying they had spoken to the legal manager (the one with the CSE in Law) saying they would honour the original agreement.

I wonder how many Blemain Collection Officers it takes to change a lightbulb?

I wonder how many Blemain Collection Officers it takes to change a lightbulb?

I doubt they'd have the ability

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 5 months later...

Just an update as Blemain now seems to have migrated their system to a new magic computer that includes fees and interest that are not shown.

I have made 15 monthly payments and reduced the arrears by £3,000 since we last went to court, and when I compared my arrears figures with theirs (and surprise, surprise, theirs was higher.

Although, I understand Blemain's old trick is to hide the true balance accrued through late payments, adjusted interest etc, we can argue this out in court in future. My understanding is that arrears or a credit balance is simply made up of monthly charges less payments made.

I requested a statement from Blemain and noticed many running discrepancies in running balance. So I checked the statements a few times and finally listed the figures on their statement on Excel and confirmed the arrears figure as £526 instead of the £4,500 they were claiming.

I sent the following email:

Further to my conversation with Lauren today I have attached I list of all 112 monthly fees of £539.12 to date less payments (as per your statement) and as Lauren clarified today the difference between the total of the two figures forms either the credit balance or the arrears.

My statement shows every payment and I calculate the arrears to be £526.69.

Please explain either by email or by letter within the next seven days how you have arrived at your arrears figure which is nearly £4,000 more than mine.

Please do not ring me as I need to keep a paper trail in case we need to go back to court. It is not always possible to record incoming calls on my phone and it is only through recording conversations with you, that qualified a statement made by a member of your staff and stopped you issuing a 10th eviction notice.

• 8 months later...

I managed to keep abreast of things until November and now have another eviction notice to fight as eviction set for 12th Feb, so ringing the Court tomorrow.

A bit frightened this time, as last week I went to St Thomas Hospital in London for an angiogram and they couldn't find the problem, and now with Blemain, I am getting angina attacks more frequently.

Anyway, on the plus side, I have reduced the arrears from £6,600 to just under £4,000 since the last hearing in early March 2017 but still off target by £2,000 on the original agreement with the Court.

The difference on the arrears wasn't as large as I had hoped, but I do have a clear audit trail using Blemain's own statements to show they are overstating the arrears by full £550.

What happened in November maggie...did you miss payments ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Every autumn (well Oct to Dec) is our dead period. Received an eviction notice last December, which they had to drop when we advised them we had a recording of them agreeing to a payment plan. Got a full verbal apology and £550 against the ridiculous mortgage fee not cash) for that cock up.

Anyway this year ended up paying September in the beginning of October, October and a bit of November in January and so nearly three months behind.

Thanks,

Maggie

Hi Maggie, do you have a payment plan to offer when you defend the eviction notice?

Hi Ell-en,

I was going to make an appointment tomorrow to take the N244 etc in on Tuesday in the hope of getting a hearing Thursday.

So I was going to do the I and E tomorrow. In the past, I have run these past you, would you like me to do that when done?

Couple of things in would like to run past you:

1. Will the reduction in arrears from 6.6k to 4k over 23 months give me any bonus points, I appreciate the debit side is 3 payments behind?

2. Any benefit in paying BF a bit more before the hearing?

3. We have good months in April and July. Can we make an arrangement to pay more those months or should every monthly payment be equal?

4. As the new arrangement will target to have the loan paid within 13 months and loan has 50 months to run, I do not need to quote the Norland case or should as a precaution?

5. Worst case scenario, the judge declines my application, can we ask for a withdrawal agreement to give us time to find somewhere if we are making monthly payments, or will OH, me and the dog be sleeping in my little two seater Tuesday week?

Edited by maggie60a

Could I trouble Ell-en or Andy or someone on the site team to look at my Witness Statement, N244 and I and E form? IIRC I have to take these to the Court in triplicate.

I would prefer to send this as a PM to begin with in case they advise me to make any changes and I do not want Blemain to see my drafts.

Upload the docs here as a PDF file (only member's can open it) I will then unapprove it so only Site Team can read.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy. If I was running the collections dept at Blemain I would get one the juniors to monitor every consumer forum every day.

You guys may make suggestions that considerably alter the final submission and don't want Blemain to see what I will accept yet.

Hi Maggie, apologies for the late reply - I have been unable to get online today. Your N244 and budget sheet look fine. The witness statement is a little lengthy but hopefully the judge will take the time to read it all ( to be honest all they are interested in is how you got into difficulties and if you have the ability to make the repayments you have offered). You should include the Norgan case law and Administration of Justice Act,, it won't go wrong.