PCN Cox Lane Chessington between Oakcroft Rd and Sanger Ave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if any one could help?

I have just received a pcn for entering a route restricted to buses and cycles only. This is Cox Lane, between the junction with Oakcroft and Sanger Avenue. I admit I did go through but I did not know it was restricted until it was too late to do anything about it.

The only sign displayed is upon entry into this very short bus lane which does have road markings. It was a sunday evening with no buses in sight and no other cars around. I had no reason to use this lane other than by mistake. I was following my navigation system as I did not know the area and it sent me left, unfortunately in to this lane.

I found out that this is in place to stop large commercial vans and lorries from cutting through residential streets to complete deliveries to nearby businesses.

Do I have any chance of appeal?

Edited by ellbell

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I've just received the same notice and was wondering whether to appeal. Same reason for using the lane - it was dark, satnav directed me that way and didn't even see the signs! Did you appeal? Be good to know before I spend £65 on such a ridiculous infringement! Stupid road systems like that drive me mad!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have also received the same notice.

Did you pay it or appeal?

Did you get anywhere with your appeal?

Mine was the same scenario - was dark on a quiet evening and couldn't see the sign...

• 3 weeks later...

I have also received the same PCN. I sent a letter to Kingston council pasted below, which got rejected.

Are there any updates on the previous appeals? Where they successful? I need to pay or reply by the 18May for the £65 discount.

From looking at the TFL traffic signs manual, it seems that figure 15-14 page 141 is relevant, however its not the exact same road setup due the

restriction in width on the road.

So what I'm looking for also, is if there is any requirement for advance warning on bus routes, not bus lanes.

My appeal that was rejected:

This bus route is at the end of a length of road, where the exit is prevented by restriction to certain vehicles, i understand that some reasonable warning of this is necessary to

prevent vehicles having to perform a U-turn at a junction.

There are no advance warning signs on the approach to Cox Lane bus route and therefore insufficient warning for a driver to evade the bus route in time.

There are also no signs indicating any alternative route available.

The time of the contravention occurred at 19.26pm in February which was very dark and difficult to navigate for a driver new to those areas.

The set up of the road is unusual and confusing, I do not believe that the signage is appropriate for the bus route in question and is therefore non compliant.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

• 1 year later...

And the council continues to collect money from unaware drivers that get caught driving in this obscure little side road that is not illuminated or sign posted on purpose (I have to assume) to milk it for the council.

I got sent a PCN for driving through this 15 yards long tiny side road on a dark November night at 22.35 .. when you realise that it is a restricted lane it is impossible to drive around it ..

I guess this utter [problem] will continue until someone that really does not want to get a ticket will causes a big accident by moving from that lane at the last second ..

it is better you start a new thread

this thread that has never been replied to by the original poster ellbell in 2015

has been posted to by various new members inc yourself since then

and you and them wont get seen.

thread now closed to stop years of the same

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks