Is Ryan right in ulster bank

lizzy555
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Has anyone dealing with ulster bank, been told this.

Spoke to ryan in ulster bank asking how I can obtain statements from 2003/2004.....he informed me that Ulster bank can only go back 7 years,, and that I would need to get a court order with a judges signature to request more than 7 years...

Is he right in saying this, what does a SAR letter enforce ??

thanks all

Not totally correct. Banks may only keep 7 years of statements on their current system which they can access, but their head office may still have archive systems where they can get hold of older information. What Ryan means re court order is that it is Ulster Banks policy not to access archived account systems without a court order. This is not some Banking regulation or law they are going by.

If you want older information, you will have to write to Ulster Bank head office to their head of compliance and data protection, requesting that the Data Protection SAR should include all available information and this should include archived information which is available and can be accessed without incurring costs which are not reasonable.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread