Warm Home Discount: Claim now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't leave it too late to find out if you're eligible for financial help and support through Warm Home Discount schemes this winter.

They are run by energy companies but tend to close in late November or early December.

One in 10 of allhouseholds are eligible for some form of help with their energy bills.

Those that qualify include low-income families, disabled, elderly and other vulnerable customers.

http://www.homeheathelpline.org.uk/about/

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just received my letter confirming my warm home discount of £140.00.

As michael states there is a time limit when your claim has to be done by, successful claims will have the credit applied by 1st january 2016.

Here is the link you need to check eligibility and how to claim

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

does it say your application has been successful?

if it does then it will be credited to your electricity bill/electricity pre payment meter/arrive as a voucher to be credited at your next prepay top up

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I started getting state pension this year so not sure I qualify? I get no benefits at all

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

2 things for you to check then snowdragon,

1. check with DWP to see if you qualify for pensions credit or any other help, start here: https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

2. Ask your electricity supplier if you qualify for WHD, you may need to complete step 1 first but worth a call to ask anyway

does it say your application has been successful?

if it does then it will be credited to your electricity bill/electricity pre payment meter/arrive as a voucher to be credited at your next prepay top up

Thanks Martin2006… just opened a letter from EON to say that it has been added to my next bill...:-D (Good news for a change!!)

certain groups of people will automatically receive this every year, others like myself, have to re apply but my supplier will inform me as long as i dont move supplier, which tbh im very happy with so not likely to b moving any time soon.

great news tho for a change :whoo:

Hi… I've had a letter to say I qualify… do I have to claim or is it automatically deducted from my EON bill?

Thanks Martin2006… just opened a letter from EON to say that it has been added to my next bill...:-D (Good news for a change!!)

Good news on the payment being added to your account ThedaBara. All customers we've accepted for the 2015/16 scheme will have their payments by 31 March 2016.

For the benefit of others, we stopped taking applications for the 2015/16 scheme yesterday (Monday, 16 November 16) as we've reached our maximum number. We'll be unable to put through any applications received after this date. The Energy Company Obligation is still ongoing though. Like Warm Home Discount, this is another Government led scheme. This one aims to cut usage by providing help with energy saving stuff like loft and cavity wall insulation. There's more information about both schemes on our website.

Customers who qualify for Warm Home Discount through the 'Core Group' automatically receive the payment so don't need to apply. Those in the 'Broader Group' need to apply each year. These applications are dealt with on a first come first served basis so it's best to register early. This can be done through our website now. We won't have details of next year's scheme until Spring 2016 so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a bit. We'll be in touch by June 2016 with the details.

Glad you've received the 2015/16 payment ThedaBara and hope the above is of interest.

Malc

Malc,

Is it possible you could let our forum know when you receive information for the next year's scheme, please ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Malc,

Is it possible you could let our forum know when you receive information for the next year's scheme, please ?

Sorry for the late reply citizenB. Not been 'Cagging' for a few days. Happy to keep the Forum up to date about our Warm Home Discount scheme. I've popped it in my diary as a recurring appointment so I can keep on top of this. If I'm not around, our website is always up to date with the latest developments. The Warm Home Discount page is at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

Hope this helps.

Malc

I don't suppose iSupplyEnergy are part of this scheme? I take it it's only the "biggies"?

HSBC Current - Prelim sent 14/07/06 £585 claimed :shock:

Halifax Current- Prelim sent 14/07/06 £176 claimed:eek:

HSBC Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £585 claimed:cool:

Halifax Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £176 claimed:cool:

Claims settled 12/08/06 Halifax £176,HSBC £485 :p

A & L Switching Bonus 03/02/09 £100

Citi Financial Europe PPI reclaim 02/06/09 £1890 :cool:

Sorry for the late reply citizenB. Not been 'Cagging' for a few days. Happy to keep the Forum up to date about our Warm Home Discount scheme. I've popped it in my diary as a recurring appointment so I can keep on top of this. If I'm not around, our website is always up to date with the latest developments. The Warm Home Discount page is at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

Hope this helps.

Malc

Many thanks Malc :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

I got an email to say it has been successful and also a manager confirmed it would be applied Jan 2016 however the email i got also said documentation will need to be submitted? But also said it may not be required and credit applied automatically? The manager didn't know if documentation was required? Anyone sent documentation as evidence of what benefits their on?

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this again :D

I did get mine last year, only after being made aware of it by this very website AND after a 7 month battle with NoPower mismanaging my account.... which again i WON with the aid of this MAGNIFICENT site :whoo::whoo:

Hey - no sorry I don't think they are. The energy suppliers signed up to the scheme for winter 2015/16 are:

Atlantic, British Gas, Co-operative energy, EDF Energy, E.ON, Equipower (Ebico), Equigas (Ebico), First Utility, Manweb, M&S Energy, npower, OVO, Sainsbury’s Energy, Scottish Gas, Scottish Hydro, ScottishPower, Southern Electric, SSE, SWALEC, Utilita and Utility Warehouse

To qualify you need to have been with your energy supplier from 12th July 2015, so I don't think you can switch and get the discount.

Different energy suppliers may have different qualifying criteria, so it's probably worth checking their websites.

Hope that helps!

Hi Liv001

You're right, we've signed up to the Warm Home Discount scheme to help our customers with their winter energy bills. There's two parts to the scheme so thought it might help if I fleshed it out a bit.

The 12 July 15 date refers to the 'Core Group.' These are the customers identified by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has automatically qualifying for the payment. These customers didn't need to apply and, if they haven't already, will receive a letter this month from the DWP with instructions. These letters will have a reference number beginning with either a 'M' or 'U.' Customers with numbers starting with 'M' don't need to do anything. If we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15, we'll pay the discount by 31 March 16 at the latest. Earlier in many cases. If, though, the number starts with a 'U' they'll need to contact the DWP using the number on the letter. It's important they phone asap as delaying might mean missing out.

There's a second 'Broader Group' but here customers who believe they're eligible need to have already applied directly to us. We stopped taking applications under the 'Broader Group' on 16 November 15. Again, payments will be made to all eligible customers by 31 March 16 or before so they're in time to help with winter bills.

For credit customers, we'll add the discount to their accounts. They'll be able to see it on their next bill or, if registered with our website, online. They'll also receive a letter from us to let them know we've made the payment. Customers with prepayment meters will receive a letter with a voucher. They'll need to take this to a Post Office along with their meter key and some ID. The discount will be loaded on to their key.

We'll still pay customers qualifying in the 'Core Group' even if they've changed supplier recently. Provided, that is, we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15. Those changing supplier before this date will need to talk to whoever supplied the electricity on 12 July 15. If, though, customers in the 'Broader Group' have changed supplier before we've given the discount, they'll need to contact their new supplier to see if they're still eligible. As you say, for the 'Broader Group,' different suppliers have different qualifying conditions. Applications can't be transferred between suppliers and a new request will need to be made.

Similarly when moving home. Provided we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15, 'Core Group' customers will receive the payment from us. It's important to let us have details of the move, particularly a forwarding address, in case a cheque needs to be sent. 'Broader Group' applications are linked to addresses/account numbers. Moving home before the discount is given will mean the application will be closed and we'll be unable to make the payment.

The Warm Home Discount scheme will be extended until the winter of 2020/21. As above (post 9), we won't have details for 2016/17 until next Spring but customers can apply now (there's a link to the relevant bit of our website in post 11 above). We'll be in touch by June 16 with details.

Hope this is of interest. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

• Haha 1

Many thanks for your post Malc.

Regards

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...
Malc,

Just a quick note to let you know I've not forgotten about this citizenB. We're still waiting for all the details to come through for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme but shouldn't be long now.

Customers in the 'Broader Group' I mentioned above can, though, apply now through our website. Alternatively, if they contact us, we can register their interest. I'd encourage customers to do this sooner rather than later. As above, we can only accept a limited number of 'Broader Group' applications so best to register early. Also with the 'Broader Group,' even if customers received these payments before, it doesn't mean they'll receive it this year as they aren't rolled forward year on year. They need to apply again for 2016/17.

Customers in the 'Core Group' don't need to apply. They automatically receive the payment and will receive a letter from the Department of Works and Pensions to confirm. There are more details about the scheme and the difference between the Core and Broader groups on our website. This includes some useful FAQs.

As promised, I'll update this thread again as soon as I've more details.

Malc