Warm Home Discount: Claim now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my WHD applied back in Oct and this actually caused me more problems that it solved.

Because it was applied so early when the weather was mild and my heating wasn't even turned on until late Oct...

it meant that Eon kept my DD artificially lower and then just before Xmas decided to double and the entire WHD was sucked up with the autumn bill and of absolutely no use during the cold winter months.

So my question is...

how to stop that from happening again this year.

I can't afford to have my DD more than doubled especially when my heating is turned off from mid/late April until around Oct and the only gas I use is for hot water.

My other alternative is to switch back to EDF who at least paid the WHD around Feb/March when the winter quarter bill is actually due.

Hello Heckler and I'm afraid I can't give you a specific answer to your question. We haven't finalised the details of the 2018/19 scheme yet.

Last year we handled a considerable amount of applications and payments for Warm Home Discount. Given the size of this task, we need to stagger payments and these went out between September 17 and March 18. I suspect a similar thing will happen with the 2018/19 scheme.

You can, though, take more control over your monthly payments by using an online tool called the 'Direct Debit Manager.' Provided you've registered with our website, you can use this tool to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit by the annual review if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There's more about this tool on our website.

With this type of payment arrangement, we aim to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review. The 'Direct Debit Manager' plus other information on our website is there to help customers keep an eye on their accounts and to make sure things are on track for a zero balance. They help avoid sudden shocks too.

Sorry I can't be more specific Heckler but hope the 'Direct Debit Manager' is of interest.

Malc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So your answer is do cancel the DD and lose out on the discount which I think is about £45 a year?

Sorry Heckler, missed this bit. Just to confirm, customers who pay with a Monthly Direct Debit have lower daily Standing Charges. This is a saving of around £45 per year when compared with customers paying by any other means. It's not a discount as such. More a payment adjustment through a lower daily rate.

Hope this explains.

Malc

I think the point others are making Heckler there is absolutely no connection to your usage or DD...its a one off payment to assist with your fuel payments...so in reality its irrelevant whether you get it Jan feb or July Aug...its simply a credit to your account ?

That's right Andy. Warm Home Discount is a one-off payment to help our more vulnerable customers with their winter bills. As above, for the 2017/18 scheme, we started making payments in September 17 and are making the final ones now. All customers eligible for the payment will have received it by the end of this month.

Malc

So your answer is do cancel the DD and lose out on the discount which I think is about £45 a year?

Sorry Heckler, missed this bit. Just to confirm, customers who pay with a Monthly Direct Debit have lower daily Standing Charges. This is a saving of around £45 per year when compared with customers paying by any other means. It's not a discount as such. More a payment adjustment through a lower daily rate.

Hope this explains.

Malc

Sorry Heckler. This should read a saving of around £45 per year PER FUEL for customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit as compared with those paying by other methods. This makes around a £90 annual saving for dual fuel customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit.

Malc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all and, as promised, a quick heads up for anyone interested.

Today (Wednesday, 22 August 18), we opened our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount (Broader Group) scheme. We’ll start to contact customers who’ve registered their interest week starting 3 September 18.

Broader Group applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis. If successful, customers will receive a payment by 31 March 19. It’s easier to apply online through our website. When applying, please use your E.ON electricity account number.

Eligibility details and the payment amount are the same as last year. Full details are on our website.

Customers unable to apply online can contact us and we’ll be happy to send an application pack through the post. Also, for anyone struggling to apply either online or by post (for example, partially sighted customers), we’ve a team who’ll help them over the phone.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

Many thanks Malc.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Npower

The 2018/19 scheme will open later this year. To register interest and receive a notification when the new scheme commences, please provide your contact details below
https://www.npowerwarmhomediscount.com/

BG open

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/energy/energy-saving/warm-home-discount.html

EDF

The details of the 2018/19 scheme will be available here this September, so please come back then to check the criteria and apply
https://www.edfenergy.com/for-home/help-support/warm-home-discount

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/faqs-warm-home-discount-scheme

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 5 weeks later...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all and a quick update about our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme.

We're starting to pay the Warm Home Discount to successful applicants now. We can't give specific payment dates and are looking to make all payments by the end of March 19. Provided, that is, customers don't change electricity supplier or move home before the payment is made. This is for those successfully applying to us through the Broader Group route.

It's a bit different for customers eligible through the Core Group (as identified by the Department of Work and Pensions). If they were our customer on the qualifying date of 8 July 18, we'll make the payment regardless of if they've changed electricity supplier or moved home since.

Hope this is of interest. Let me know if anyone has any questions or needs more information as happy to help.

Malc

PS/ I'm out of the office for a few days after today so apologies in advance if I'm late replying. In the meantime, drop an email to our address at [email protected] and my colleague, Helena, will pick this up in my absence. Thanks all and have a good weekend.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone and just a quick heads up about our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme.

We’re planning to close the scheme to new applications on or around 31 January 2019.

After 18 January 19, customers won’t be able to ask for paper applications. Online applications will still be available until the official closure date. If anyone thinks they’re eligible and hasn’t applied please do so as soon as possible. Online is quickest.

All Broader Group (where customers need to apply) applications are handled on a first come, first served basis. Once we’ve reached our quota, we’ll close the scheme as above.

Most customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of their confirmation letter. The last payments will be made by 31 March 19.

Hope this is of interest. Please let me know if anyone needs more information as happy to help.

Have a good weekend.

Malc

• 2 months later...

Afternoon everyone and just to let you know, we closed our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme at 10am yesterday, 11 March 19 and will no longer take applications.

We'll make payments to all successful applicants by Sunday, 31 March 19.

Customers can register their interest for the 2019/20 scheme online through our website now. Details haven't been finalised yet and we're looking to let those registering know more by the end of the summer.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc