• Tweets

• I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
    • This other entity doesn't know what's going on.  To be clear I had huge equity.  No-one would ever expect a lender to erode all my equity.  The question is - if anyone knows the legal answer - on the basis they have a charging order - could they make an application for an order for sale?  
    • Is this place near to you? I ask for two reasons. If you can easily go back, then get photos of the signs.  On GM and Parkopedia there are various comments about the signs being pants. Also go back to the school uniform shop and ask the manager there for contact details for the retail park (which I've Googled & Googled and got nowhere).  The school uniform shop will just be tenants of the retail park, they won't be able to do anything.  It will be the retail park that called EPC in, and we've seen loads of cases where the organ grinder has intervened and called off the monkey.  As for EPC, aye, ignore them until LoC stage.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

4 year old Samsung 3D TV rights to repair or replacement

jedi134
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This was covered on Watchdog or other such programme. I thought there was a repair available.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Was it? Do you have reference to said programme? Manufacturers/Retailers are very sneaky and will deniy any problem exists.. Until you force their hand..

They can be repaired as the video shows, but I have no idea how much it costs...

Still have not had a call or reply to my email as to when my TV will be looked at/collected?

Having a look around some places are still selling my set at £1500, nothing on the 2nd hand market? I wonder where they all are?

In a skip probably,

Think of the refund amount as a proportion of the cost of the item over time. We've already established that 6 years is a fair lifespan so take the £1350, divide it by six and times it by two to get the amount you ought to expect. In effect you've already had two thirds of the expected enjoyment of the set and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to have paid in some way for that. (and no, I don't work for Curry's either)

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

In a skip probably,

Think of the refund amount as a proportion of the cost of the item over time. We've already established that 6 years is a fair lifespan so take the £1350, divide it by six and times it by two to get the amount you ought to expect. In effect you've already had two thirds of the expected enjoyment of the set and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to have paid in some way for that. (and no, I don't work for Curry's either)

Although valid, that is not the point as when one pays £1000 for an item one expects it to be trouble free for several years otherwsie one might as well buy a budget TV every couple of years and dump it when it goes faulty.

I did a search on watchdog and they did do lots of stories about mobile phones but I couldn't find anything about their TVs

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I did a search on watchdog and they did do lots of stories about mobile phones but I couldn't find anything about their TVs

It was on that type of programme. People were having problems with the manufacturers taking any responsibility for the problem the OP describes. So they were doing a DIY repair themselves.

I just can't remember what programme it was on, but it was on a few years ago.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In a skip probably,

So I should be able to enjoy my remaining 2 years without a problem and to the same quality as the 1st 4... They will either have to fix it, or show me where I can buy the same set for the £400 they may offer me...

£1250 + for set = say budget set (£120.00) yearly would equal 12 years of sets for the same price = depreciation over 12 months to the tune of £105.00 per year approx b= bad investment! I know I got one, but the cheaper Samsung comparable set same model/size/make now a lot cheaper BUT minus certain programs which I have on mine also Freeview now no choice freeview/freesat?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have finally had a reply to my email and I quote.

"As a company, we do understand our obligation to provide a remedy for products that develop a fault following the expiry of the guarantee. In certain situations, I do appreciate that the manufacturing defects may not manifest themselves until after the initial warranty period has expired.

In view of this and in order that we may consider your request, we would like to inspect your product to diagnose the cause of the fault. With this in mind, we will require a payment of £95.00 for us to pick up the product and assess the unit at our repair centre. Should our workshop discover a manufacturing fault with the product, your assessment charge will be refunded and your product repaired at no cost."

Now my concern is I pay the £95 they take the TV away, and then fob me off with this is not a manufacturing fault, or even worse that I have in some way caused this fault. Bearing in mind my TV set is in A1 condition.

I have just rang them and basically I will need my own independant report as to what is wrong with the tv and how much it will cost to repair.. otherwise if I just send it in with my £95 they can just reject it as no proof it is a manufacturer fault?...good job I asked first..

So I will first have to cough up £95 for there diagnostics, and what ever an independant report will cost me, then send it back to them armed with all relevant info...now my concearn again is I cough up this money only for them to say its not economically viable for them to repair and I end up with the maybe £400 as a good will gesture? Not the outcome im looking for.

The TV needs a new panel, or the technical ability/equipment to repair it, now I very much doubt that KNOWHOW have the knowhow (pardon the pun) to repair this, even in their state of the art repair center, Im pretty sure they just swap out parts and do software installs, Id be very suprised if they repair down to component level. So they either swap out the panel for a new/refurbished one, or more than likley as most on here have said they may offer me the good will gesture.

Has anyone been down this route before, I dont want to be waisting my time going through the motions if at the end of it, my TV is not repaired.

As much as I would like to say yes to that offer, I cannot. You will have no idea whether the assessor will be independant. You would be better paying for your own report from someone who is truly independent. Put the offer to them and see what they come back with. If they accept your offer and it is a manufacturing fault, they will refund you the report costs.

Let us be clear, you will not get another TV from Currys. If you are successful they will pay a contribution to put towards another TV. If you don't accept what they offer, your only other option is court action and let a judge decide which is a 50/50 chance.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Hehe, no they do not work for Currys. Talk about paranoid? Confusion I sense in this young Jedi!

If it's down to a manufacturing fault, you will get offered something, I'm not sure if you'd be looking at as much as £450 though. You only get offered depreciated credit though if the parts aren't available, or so they told me. You can either get your own report done to conclude the cause of the fault or they will do it for you. I had mine done, they charged me £95 to cover transport and labour costs, but this was refunded when they found the fault was down to a manufacturing fault. Got the TV back repaired and it cost me nothing. Mine also had capacitor? repair done, so I assume this means component level repair?

• 3 months later...